Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won in your opinion the 9 pm debate
Trump 71 42.77%
Bush 3 1.81%
Huckabee 3 1.81%
Walker 1 0.60%
Carson 9 5.42%
Paul 6 3.61%
Christie 5 3.01%
Kasick 28 16.87%
Cruz 13 7.83%
Rubio 27 16.27%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 12:23 PM

15,556 posts, read 10,551,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually the question about God was a good one, because many Republican voters want to know which candidates are men of faith. Some were not, like Kasich, and that could cost them the Christian vote.
Yes, many want to hear that the candidates are men of faith. Not that they are hearing voices in their head like a crazy person. The answers were quite reasonable considering the utter bizarre wording of the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2015, 12:24 PM

5 posts, read 2,501 times
At least Paul defends the Constitution, something no Dem seems to want to do.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:24 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,757,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But Gary Johnson was just on CNN and he doesnt seem to agree with Trump on anything, but says the Republican Party pushed him out in the same way.
They pushed out Ron Paul too.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:25 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,757,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Yes, many want to hear that the candidates are men of faith. Not that they are hearing voices in their head like a crazy person. The answers were quite reasonable considering the utter bizarre wording of the question.
Ted Cruz gave the best answer by saying he hears God through the word of God, the Bible.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:25 PM

148 posts, read 132,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The questions were sharp or hard from a conservative or Republican audience's perspective. The were not hard or sharp from a leftist's 'hey let's ask a bunch of gotcha questions about homosexual "marriage" lol,' that an intelligent conservative audience would be at once uninterested in from a political perspective, and simultaneously offended by, because of their intentional offensiveness.
Jeb bush was given nothing but softball questions The one difficult question that was prepared for him, wasn't even asked.

Fox News scrubs debate question on Jeb Bush link to Planned Parenthood?

They only went hard after donald trump, and those difficult questions was only about his personal integrity, not policy issues. They failed on challenging trump to. The only reason many watched was because of Donald trump. The whole debate was a giant show, or should I say.... trump show?

Quote:
A Republican or Democratic debate should, in my opinion, ask the candidates hard and relevant questions from the perspective of the respective party's base of likely voters in the primary.
Yet their was little talk about the economy. Why no talk about the most important thing?

Quote:
The questions asked should be questions that help really help these voters to get to see who these candidates are in the light of their own values and concerns, not in light of the partisans in the other party, as frequently occurs when Republican debates hosted by liberals.
I imagine a general election have to ask them General questions. If they do this in primaries, then ignore this sentence and the previous.

Quote:
As far as a question that was hard or sharp, let's just stick with the question that Kelly asked Trump
explain the comments you've made about women and does that show a presidential temperament? Here is the YouTube video of that exchange
That wasn't an important question. They was trying to sandbag trump, and failed miserably. Ask about the economy, not his godawful character that made him so infamous.

Quote:
And then came his comments after the debate:

"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes," Trump told CNN. "Blood coming out of her wherever."

Game over. Of course you can disagree, but is my sense that Donald Trump committed political hari-kari right there with those two answers. He is done.

He is stronger than ever. He is bulletproof. He is the hulk. Every jab at trump only makes him stronger. Do you honestly think that this will destroy trump after he told a women to get on her kness, had this claim verified on live TV and not a single damn was given? He is going to divide the republican party, and it's gonna be funny.

Quote:
And it is not because of "political correctness," as he tries to claim, it is because of his disrespectful, rude and hostile conduct towards women, which is misogynistic and ill-mannered in the extreme.
Yet he won the debate.

Quote:
As we saw during the Sarah Palin campaign for Vice President during 2008, and in numerous other incidents since then, Democrats and the left are quite supportive of this kind of conduct.

Lmao, is this a joke? The only person who had a problem was the only liberal during the debate who spoke to kelly. She called out the republicans because they didn't have the balls to call out trump. Keep revising that history buddy. It is absolutely amazing.
Quote:
But Republicans and conservatives are not, and they will not support Donald Trump any further.
They cheered when he said Rosie o donnel. They cheered when he said no political correctness, and they basically didn't care about the insults he dished out to woman, and nary a republican called him out on it, but a liberal did. Spin2win man spin2win!

Old 08-08-2015, 12:26 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,103,278 times
Quote:
He did answer is. The question was not whether or not he would allow it, but how he would handle the suggestion. The answer is simple, the military is not a social experiment, where you test to see if this kind of thing would work. The military needs to stick to what has proven to work, as opposed to experimenting with something which is obviously going to be a distraction.
It would be a social experiment it if it were something that wasn't already accepted in general society. I bet people said the same thing Huckabee did when they integrated the military, which notably was years before the rest of the country. Was that a "social experiment"?

Old 08-08-2015, 12:27 PM

29,632 posts, read 16,619,800 times
Quote:
He did answer is. The question was not whether or not he would allow it, but how he would handle the suggestion. The answer is simple, the military is not a social experiment, where you test to see if this kind of thing would work. The military needs to stick to what has proven to work, as opposed to experimenting with something which is obviously going to be a distraction.
That is a distinction without a difference.

either they have the ability to serve or they do not. Their are closeted Transgendered people in the military now by the way.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:31 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,548,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But you said in your last post that tough was from an ideological perspective and that someone from the other side cant decided what tough is by that standard.

THere for, you cant judge what you believe to be tough to a left wing candidate.
In my opinion, the Democratic party would be no better served by having conservative partisans try to phrase these questions that the Republicans are by having liberal partisans phrase the questions for their debates. But it does not follow that a conservative cannot have a sense of whether the Democratic candidates are being asked hard, sharp, probing questions by liberal or sincerely non-partisan questioners, or vis-versa for the liberals and the Republican candidates.

Most people know when they are seeing these people having their feet put to the fire a little bit, whether they are their own candidates or not. And most conservatives want to see their candidates vetted in that way. Do most liberals? It is not clear to me that they do. And will the left leaning venues do that to Hillary and the other Democratic candidates? I sure won't be holding my breath.

But Fox did it to the Republicans. Even the New York Times has conceded that they did.

I can judge whether liberals have been asked tough questions or not during a debate in what might be regarded as a sympathetic venue. But when I do it, I will not approach it like some partisan punk who is just looking to throw mud, or to complain because the partisan gotcha questions that I know I would have gotten a good laugh from weren't asked, like some people on the left have done here with regards to the handling of this Republican debate by Fox.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:32 PM

5 posts, read 2,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Christie governs a hyperinflated, ruined state and also couldn't care less about the Bill of Rights.
Christie is toast.

Old 08-08-2015, 12:39 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,029,657 times
I think it was Trump's insinuation that Megan Kelly was on the rag. Now that's not being politically incorrect, that's just being a lowlife. Maybe Trump thinks this is all a big reality show, he'll get a dose of reality.

Quote:
And now GOP, high on political correctness, disinvited Trump from a GOP event because Trump is too politically incorrect for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies