Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 04:50 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,389,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
There’s a batch of conspiracy theorists out there who believe the world is run by a secret cabal of a few hundred rich and powerful people, that the military-industrial complex President Eisenhower warned Americans about has gone global and can’t be stopped.

But you don’t have to be wearing a tinfoil hat to believe that hidden forces exert enormous sway over geopolitics. And those forces seem to think that it doesn’t matter much if former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush or former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is in charge. They just want to reserve a seat at the table of power when one of them takes the seat of power.

Dollar for Jeb, Dollar for Hillary | LifeZette
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 04:51 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,421,014 times
Things are changing now. It's almost palpable. People are finally waking up.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:52 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,683,628 times
I don't believe it, and even if it were than how come Hillary Clinton lost big time in the 2008 primaries? Now with regards to special interests and outside groups, I just don't know. And plus why only Jeb and Hillary, are the others bad for their interests?

Old 08-07-2015, 07:18 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,867,275 times
Never another Bush in the White House.

And never another Clinton with a bush in the White House.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:29 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,375,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
I don't believe it, and even if it were than how come Hillary Clinton lost big time in the 2008 primaries? Now with regards to special interests and outside groups, I just don't know. And plus why only Jeb and Hillary, are the others bad for their interests?
Hillary lost because Obama was a brilliant campaigner, and she was not. That does not change the fact that special interest money will win over the long haul. Don't forget either that Obama himself was perfectly willing to play the special interest money game:
He said he'd pursue it, but opted out | PolitiFact

Quote:
But that account was sketchy and didn't sound to us like the "aggressive pursuit" that Obama had promised. The fact is that Obama said he would pursue public financing, but decided it wasn't in the campaign's tactical interest. That might have been a tactical decision, or even a wise one, but we see it as a Full Flop.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:58 PM

794 posts, read 820,027 times
The nominees will be Bush and Clinton, and one will be the next president.

They will both govern the same, serving the same masters. The illusion of choice is just that.

Old 08-07-2015, 09:04 PM

32,090 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
The nominees will be Bush and Clinton, and one will be the next president.

They will both govern the same, serving the same masters. The illusion of choice is just that.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Many democrats just don't like hillary and want biden to run. And many republicans don't like jeb. You guys have more options so it's your own fault if he gets the nomination.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:23 PM

794 posts, read 820,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I wouldn't be too sure about that. Many democrats just don't like hillary and want biden to run. And many republicans don't like jeb. You guys have more options so it's your own fault if he gets the nomination.
It's not really a matter of what the dems or repubs like, it's a matter of who's turn it is and who's up to bat. The Clinton and Bush machine will ensure their nominations, regardless of public sentiment.

Basically, it'll come down to the age old conundrum of "well, I am going to have to hold my nose and vote for XXX because they have the nomination, and I of course would never throw my vote away voting third party or against the nominee of my party".

Rinse, repeat.

Old 08-07-2015, 10:30 PM

32,090 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
It's not really a matter of what the dems or repubs like, it's a matter of who's turn it is and who's up to bat. The Clinton and Bush machine will ensure their nominations, regardless of public sentiment.

Basically, it'll come down to the age old conundrum of "well, I am going to have to hold my nose and vote for XXX because they have the nomination, and I of course would never throw my vote away voting third party or against the nominee of my party".

Rinse, repeat.
But neither one has got the nomination yet, and I'm not sure they will. I don't think bush will get it. There are too many others to choose from. If republicans elect bush then that's on them and they are really stupid. Democrats have few options. I want biden to run. I think he would be a viable option against hillary

Old 08-07-2015, 11:26 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,405,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But neither one has got the nomination yet, and I'm not sure they will. I don't think bush will get it. There are too many others to choose from. If republicans elect bush then that's on them and they are really stupid. Democrats have few options. I want biden to run. I think he would be a viable option against hillary

Something is different this time.

When Trump announced on June 16th, he trailed Bush by 7.2 points and Walker by 7 points.

Today Trump is 11.8 points ahead of Bush and 14.8 points ahead of Walker with Trump trending up and Bush and Walker both trending down.

Trump is definitely riding a not-Bush, not-Walker wave.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

Sanders has a lot of ground to make up, but he is trending in the right direction.

We`ll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies