Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 10:08 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
That is a typically ignorant anti gun statement. The anti-gun zealots have been proven time and again to manipulate facts to suit their whinny philosophy.

If someone is a gun hater and under letal force attack I promise not to use my gun or put my freedom, finances and families future on the line for you. You can just bleed out in the street like happened to the transgender girl stabbed in Fresno - as alluded to earlier in the thread in the reference to the sheriff.

I carry a gun because there are unfortunately a LOT of bad people out there - you can read of hundreds of incidents each day around the country.

I carry a gun because my neighborhood and business location is a war zone of druggies and criminals. Several businesses nearby to mine have been victims of armed robberies.

I carry a gun as a last ditch defense against tyranny in govt.

I carry a gun not out of fear, or for intimidation, but because I can't predict the many dangers we face in society.

I carry a gun because the constitution says I can, and if someone doesn't like that, screw them.

Like I said, the facts are not on your side. Carrying a gun is HIGHLY unlikely to help either you or I in any of the bold statements. The evidence is clear and undeniable, except to those who are unable to control their libido.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 10:15 AM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Like I said, the facts are not on your side. Carrying a gun is HIGHLY unlikely to help either you or I in any of the bold statements. The evidence is clear and undeniable, except to those who are unable to control their libido.
I will forgo providing link after link proving your statement wrong , especially after seeing the "libido" comment. That comment just proves that you will not be able to have a common sense approach about firearms.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:15 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,264 times
No, I'm not tired of it. I don't feel compelled to own a gun anymore than I would feel compelled to be a LBGTQIA person since that is all over the news (or it was, now its black-black-blackity black time again).

Not everyone needs to own a gun. Some don't need it, some don't want it, and some are just scared of the big bad inanimate object at the same level of my 5 year old being scared of the basement.

OP, don't be scared sweety. No buddy id um's gonna make 'em buy a scary mean 'ol GUN!!!!!!!!. Shssshhh...it's ok.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:21 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
That is a typically ignorant anti gun statement. The anti-gun zealots have been proven time and again to manipulate facts to suit their whinny philosophy.

If someone is a gun hater and under letal force attack I promise not to use my gun or put my freedom, finances and families future on the line for you. You can just bleed out in the street like happened to the transgender girl stabbed in Fresno - as alluded to earlier in the thread in the reference to the sheriff.

I carry a gun because there are unfortunately a LOT of bad people out there - you can read of hundreds of incidents each day around the country.

I carry a gun because my neighborhood and business location is a war zone of druggies and criminals. Several businesses nearby to mine have been victims of armed robberies.

I carry a gun as a last ditch defense against tyranny in govt.

I carry a gun not out of fear, or for intimidation, but because I can't predict the many dangers we face in society.

I carry a gun because the constitution says I can, and if someone doesn't like that, screw them.
Oh my; the word contradiction must be foreign to you as your whole post contradicts that bolded part.

Now why do you fear them all? Because of the proliferation of firearms ...imagine that?

Oxymoronic.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:23 AM

29,491 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh my; the word contradiction must be foreign to you as your whole post contradicts that bolded part.

Now why do you fear them all? Because of the proliferation of firearms ...imagine that?

Oxymoronic.
Actually it just sounds like he wants to be prepared.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:30 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
You can't argue with an anti gun zealot. Because they skew your words and highlight out of context.

The facts are clear and undeniable - guns save lives, everyday.

Libido has nothing to do with defending myself, my family or my home or business from barbarian criminals.

I repeat, I carry a gun because it is my Constitutional Right, if you don't like it too bad.

We (gun owners) are tired of arguing with you people. If you don't like guns don't carry one. Don't tell me what to do though. I already promised not to intervene if you are ever in desperate need of armed intervention. Your life does NOT matter to me at all. It isn't "ghods will" that you die at the hand of some scumbag, but go right ahead, I honestly don't care.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:33 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
OP, No-one is forcing you to buy a gun. In fact most of us would prefer that you didn't. If I were my your next door neighbor, I would even put up a gun free zone sign in your front yard to protect you.. Just being neighborly.
how thoughtful

Old 08-10-2015, 10:34 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,093,332 times
Baltimore has an enormous amount of home invasions and street robberies. The police who show up an hour later are very apathetic and aloof to the crime that a citizen has become a victim of. We know in Maryland that the average man walking on the street does not have a gun. We know in Maryland that owning a gun can make you a felony very quickly.

There is pro's and con's to gun control and owning a gun. There really is no real solution to the answer. But one thing for sure is that everyone who is burglarized wishes at the moment they had a firearm by their side.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:42 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Actually it just sounds like he wants to be prepared.
When it's been more than adequately proven, being prepared by being armed doesn't, hasn't and won't work? I guess that's one way to mitigate a fear, engage in a placebo effect.

Old 08-10-2015, 10:48 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
When it's been more than adequately proven, being prepared by being armed doesn't, hasn't and won't work? I guess that's one way to mitigate a fear, engage in a placebo effect.
Actually, it has worked quite a few times.

You can read story after story of men, women and even children successfully defending themselves with a gun.

Here is a story of a 14-year-old who shot and killed a burglar breaking into his grandmother's house.

Boy, 14, fatally shoots intruder at grandmother's N.C. home - Washington Times

The boy's father was a mechanic who was shot and killed in his business six years prior. Apparently, his father didn't have a gun to protect himself.

I can post story after story of people defending themselves; however, it's quite clear you have no idea as to what you are spouting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies