Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 06:49 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You do know, Bernie doesn't get to "decide" if he has a superpac or not? Shows you just how "independent" these things actually are.
Sure--Stephen Colbert even had one.

Colbert Super PAC | Making a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow | ColbertSuperPac.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 06:51 PM

24,410 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually there isn't a difference between having lied and currently lying. One is just past tense and the other is present tense. Oh and if you think that the list of GOP candidates you have to pick from haven't lied or aren't lying, then you are lying to yourself.
We have all told lies before and what you lied about in your past to someone is your business. However, if you are looking me in the eye or looking the American people in the eye and blatantly lying to them, there is a difference between lying about who stole the cookies on Thanksgiving vs shaking someone's hand and saying I will fight to get billionaires out of politics, while accepting large donations from billionaires. If you still don't understand, there is no hope for you on understanding.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:56 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
She's a politician. Those things sort of go hand in hand.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:04 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I wonder how many lied about running arms to the enemy and getting American citizens killed?

Though running arms has to be know as a pretty high risk venture.
You mean like Reagan, Cheney, etc etc

Old 08-10-2015, 07:06 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,655,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Hillary Clinton said, "We need to fix this dysfunctional political system and get unaccountable money out of it once and for all even if it takes a constitutional amendment." She also said she plans to raise $2 billion this election through Super PACs.

This is where I really respect Sanders. Even though he is going against the Clinton machine and is now moving up in the polls, he still says he will refuse to get a Super PAC, my average donation is $42.

So, she says, hey there is all this unaccountable money which is making our political system dysfunctional, but I'm planning to raise $2 billion this election. Is she a liar or just a hypocrite?
In America you need $1 billion dollars+ in campaign funds to make a good run for president. In 2012 Mitt Romney raised over $1 billion dollars (and the cost of a presidential campaign goes up year after year.)
Barack Obama, Mitt Romney both topped $1 billion in 2012 - Kenneth P. Vogel and Dave Levinthal and Tarini Parti - POLITICO.com

But I guess republican logic says Hilary should not take Super PAC campaign money (because she opposes Super PAC's), and then Hilary be unable to run for president because of lack of funds, and then be unable to pass the campaign finance laws she wants to pass.

And this thread is like Al Gore and his private jet. Republicans say "Al Gore says no more CO2 emissions, but he's flying in a private jet."

But perhaps the only way to stop Super PAC's is for Hilary to use Super PAC money to become president and then pass laws to outlaw them. And the only way to stop Al from flying in a fuel guzzling jet is for someone like Al himself to pass laws giving private jets better fuel efficiency?

Old 08-10-2015, 07:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You mean like Reagan, Cheney, etc etc
Yeah. Cheney should die.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:19 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
She is both a liar and a hypocrite. Yet many still defend her actions.
Every politician fits that description, except a few.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:29 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Yes. Yes I do.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:33 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Default Neither

I think the Conservatives who try to discredit her, because they haven't a chance in hell of beating her, are liars and hypocrites.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
We have all told lies before and what you lied about in your past to someone is your business. However, if you are looking me in the eye or looking the American people in the eye and blatantly lying to them, there is a difference between lying about who stole the cookies on Thanksgiving vs shaking someone's hand and saying I will fight to get billionaires out of politics, while accepting large donations from billionaires. If you still don't understand, there is no hope for you on understanding.
So what you are saying is you plan on not voting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies