Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2015, 09:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
There are record number of job openings. I wouldnt put it past conservatives to purposefully not be more active in learning new skills and be more proactive in seeking employment just to spite Obama
Though I don't personally know the 6.8 million more people living in poverty now than when Obama took office, they can't All be spiteful conservatives. Can they ???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 09:33 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Right Wing wish list to Santa: We've been good little Conservatives again this year, Santa. We've obstructed everything that's come our way, and we've wasted millions of dollars holding numerous political "investigations" (and promise many more in the coming year). Please bring us what we really want for Christmas this year, Santa. Please, please, please cause the U.S. economy to fail. All true American "patriots" will be ever so grateful to you for such an awesome present under our tree.
Yes, this. Along with how they cheer for lower income workers to lose their jobs to automation and outsourcing.

Really great bunch of Christianists, they are.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
When the Christmas sales numbers come in at a disturbingly low number and the stock market tanks, we'll be forced to accept that there never was a recovery, that we've been in a recession for the entire Obama presidency but were able to cover it up through articial stimulus (QE programs). I'll bump this thread when the reality is accepted.
You clearly do not know the definitions of these words.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You said they were unfilled, that article talks about openings IN JULY! 3 damn months ago, they are filled by now.
if 5.8 million jobs got filled in 3 months, the unemployment rate would be at about 3.4%

Old 10-10-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
From your link-
The unemployment rate fell in June mostly because many of the unemployed stopped looking for work, rather than found jobs. The proportion of Americans working or looking for work fell to a 38-year low.

And average hourly pay was unchanged last month from May. Pay has risen at roughly a 2 percent annual pace since the recession ended in 2009, below the 3.5 percent typical in a healthy economy.

That sluggish wage growth is likely keeping spending from increasing as much as the healthy job growth would suggest.

A Record 94 Million Americans Not in Labor Force
Participation rate remains at 38-year low

47% of Unemployed Americans Have Stopped Looking for Work
His link only states that the economy is not growing at the pace that most economist would deem "healthy". That however, is not saying that the economy is bad, which is what you and others are trying to claim.

Your free Beacon link gets its 94 million number from counting everyone over the age of 16 regardless of their ability, want or need to work.

your 94 million includes children in High school, young adults in college, interns who arent being paid,stay at home moms/dads, incarcerated individuals,disabled, and 30 million people over 70.

If you honestly want to have a discussion about what we should use as the unemployment number, thats fine, but that 94 million number is clearly not the one we should be using.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:40 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
The premise of this thread is the right wing version of that classic SNL claymation satire in which a left-wing Santa gets ticked off at the red states.
What is SNL? Is a political show? Is it on CSPAN?

Old 10-10-2015, 10:44 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Most Americans think that Pres. Obama has done an outstanding job in his efforts at recovering from the Bush/Cheney economic apocalypse. Just think how much further along this country would be if we were not having to also deal with a Republican party committed to America's economic failure just to spite our President.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:45 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I don't understand why so many people are just dying for the USA to go into an economic depression. Don't they live here too?

Just so they can sit in their living room and stupidly say "AH HA - TOLD YOU SO!!!"......as their lives crash down around them.

Regardless of how stupid it is to think one man has control of our entire interconnected economy of 320,000,000 people that functions for the most part outside of any sort of direct governmental control.

Economic depression is an antidote to "the rent is too damn high".

Old 10-10-2015, 10:46 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I wonder how many of those people are at or close to retirement age?

I got laid off in May, seven months before I was going to retire. I am collecting unemployment then will live off savings until I start collecting social security.

Many people my age are getting 'laid off'. I am not looking for work; I have 'Stopped Looking for Work'.

The Baby Boomers are a very large segment of the population. If that happened to me, I can assure you the same happened to millions of people, and they are doing exactly what I'm doing.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:47 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
What is SNL? Is a political show? Is it on CSPAN?

Saturday Night Live does have political moments but it is neither a political show, now is it on CSPAN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies