Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 11:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,306,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
People with ccw already have their names and addresses published.
That isn't what I said, do you support people with CCWs having their names and addresses published?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 11:06 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,859,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That isn't what I said, do you support people with CCWs having their names and addresses published?
I have no problem with the information being available via foia requests. Personally, someone should t need a permit in the first place to defend themselves.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I have no problem with the information being available via foia requests. Personally, someone should t need a permit in the first place to defend themselves.
Well that is good to know that you don't mind personal information about those with a CCW being available for anyone to access.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:38 AM

30,472 posts, read 23,932,494 times
Quote:
Well that is good to know that you don't mind personal information about those with a CCW being available for anyone to access.
So now that he says he has no problem with it, you're all on board now?

Old 09-26-2015, 12:57 AM

19,032 posts, read 14,311,975 times
When Americans embraced the notion it was a good thing for government to "TAKE" from one to "GIVE" to another, they opened up the hatchway to INSANITY.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:05 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,953,775 times
Quote:
If they did publish them I would have to get a CCW so criminals would know I was probably armed versus probably unarmed.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
So now that he says he has no problem with it, you're all on board now?
Nope, he may be in support of it, but I am not. I also don't think we should be publishing the names and addresses of those with CCW permits either.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:50 AM

11,244 posts, read 8,364,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Once again showing how the republicans don't ever want to help the poor in this country.

Shame on you!
Nope, that is better illustrated by their love of corporate welfare (which is what I thought this thread was all about). You know, fight to allow companies like walmart to pay below living wages, supporting them having, as part of their business plan, to keep people on welfare so the 1% can get richer on the people's back, and then come out and try to blame "welfare" on the dems.

I agree, this stuff is out of hand, but if you want to fix it, you really need to go to the source of the problem.

(Same thing with immigration. Building a wall won't help. Prosecuting employers who use illegals will do more, but the Reps are too far in with the $$$ on this issue. Dems are no better, I'm just responding to your post. Both parties are damn near one in the same....)

Old 09-26-2015, 06:01 AM

6,414 posts, read 6,330,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Nope, that is better illustrated by their love of corporate welfare (which is what I thought this thread was all about). You know, fight to allow companies like walmart to pay below living wages, supporting them having, as part of their business plan, to keep people on welfare so the 1% can get richer on the people's back, and then come out and try to blame "welfare" on the dems.

I agree, this stuff is out of hand, but if you want to fix it, you really need to go to the source of the problem.

(Same thing with immigration. Building a wall won't help. Prosecuting employers who use illegals will do more, but the Reps are too far in with the $$$ on this issue. Dems are no better, I'm just responding to your post. Both parties are damn near one in the same....)
Amen.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:33 AM

23,703 posts, read 17,381,018 times
Quote:
And what is the percentage of abuse? What about those that are not abusing the system, should they too be punished because a small percentage is abusing the system?
The people in need are being punished! by the inefficiency of the government bureaucrats administering these helping hand programs. The net is full of abuse stories in every state.

Remember the taxpayers supply the government with the money they give away. It is not an infinite cash cow and there is a point at which the cow will require veterinary care just to survive.

The liberals are like invaders that steal natural resources to the point of depletion. The thought that conserving the source of their income so its lasts over the long term never occurred to the libs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies