Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 09:33 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,331,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And what is the percentage of abuse? What about those that are not abusing the system, should they too be punished because a small percentage is abusing the system?
That's the meat of it right there. Good Christian conservatives by and large want all forms of gov't aid abolished, and their proof is that these "welfare leeches" are abusing their gov't aid. So obviously the system is broken beyond repair and needs to be abolished so that this money too can go to the wealthiest of us who earned every penny single handedly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 09:34 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,110,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
NY food stamp recipients are shipping welfare-funded groceries to relatives in Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Haiti | New York Post

I bet they wont even get a slap on the wrist.

"NY food stamp recipients are shipping welfare-funded groceries to relatives in Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Haiti"
This is not news. Look at the date of your article: July 2013. This has already been done on C-D.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:04 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,254,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The people in need are being punished! by the inefficiency of the government bureaucrats administering these helping hand programs. The net is full of abuse stories in every state.

Remember the taxpayers supply the government with the money they give away. It is not an infinite cash cow and there is a point at which the cow will require veterinary care just to survive.

The liberals are like invaders that steal natural resources to the point of depletion. The thought that conserving the source of their income so its lasts over the long term never occurred to the libs.
And what does this rant have to do with those in need of social programs?

Old 09-26-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I'm paying to support these leeches. I have a right to know where my money is going.
So you can call and harass your neighbors who are in need of assistance?

Old 09-26-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
That's the meat of it right there. Good Christian conservatives by and large want all forms of gov't aid abolished, and their proof is that these "welfare leeches" are abusing their gov't aid. So obviously the system is broken beyond repair and needs to be abolished so that this money too can go to the wealthiest of us who earned every penny single handedly.
Sounds like they need to drop the Christian part because that goes against Christian principles. They are just being good conservatives trying to screw over those that make the least to help those that make the most.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:04 PM

30,363 posts, read 23,827,261 times
Quote:
Nope, he may be in support of it, but I am not. I also don't think we should be publishing the names and addresses of those with CCW permits either.
But that's not what you said:

Quote:
Sure, as soon as you agree that people with CCW should also have their names and addresses published. Then I will support this stupid idea.
He did agree.

Are you showing all of City Data members that you are just words, do not do what you say you will do?

Old 09-26-2015, 12:08 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,671,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
NY food stamp recipients are shipping welfare-funded groceries to relatives in Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Haiti | New York Post

I bet they wont even get a slap on the wrist.

"NY food stamp recipients are shipping welfare-funded groceries to relatives in Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Haiti"
Our own IRS is shipping refund checks to scammers in other countries. I think we need a rule that no refund checks be mailed outside the USA. Any United States citizen should have access to a USA bank that can receive the money. Once that money goes outside the USA it is gone.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:17 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,188,952 times
People! Every large system will have some percentage of fraud, evasion, or what have you. You can't eliminate it, and wouldn't want to once the cost of pursuing losses (including the cost of denials of services to legitimate recipients) began to exceed the amount that was lost to begin with. SNAP has low fraud rates, and most of what does occur is fraud by participating merchants, not recipients.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:26 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,386,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Quote:
Sounds like they need to drop the Christian part because that goes against Christian principles. They are just being good conservatives trying to screw over those that make the least to help those that make the most.
Just more proof that liberals are totally out of touch with reality and have absolutely no idea what Christians or Conservatives think about anything. Go ahead and continue your self righteous circle jerk fantasy while real world Christians and Conservatives go on with actually giving their own money to those in need.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:12 PM

11,239 posts, read 8,332,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
No shame on welfare recipients 75% of which neither want training nor work and live better than me when I came here
You don't know poverty outside America so you think you are poor
And I do know American "poor" very very well
300 lb shopping at 7 11 talking on an iPhone lol
Spend some time on an Indian (or Native American, if you prefer) reservation. Hopi Indians for example. Some of them are living in third world conditions, right here in America. Of course, I guess they deserve it. You know, occupying our land before we even knew it was ours......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies