Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 07:26 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,853,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Nope, he may be in support of it, but I am not. I also don't think we should be publishing the names and addresses of those with CCW permits either.
The publishing of ccw permits has already lead to uncover fraud in the system in some counties in California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 07:47 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,624,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Once again showing how the republicans don't ever want to help the poor in this country.

Shame on you!
No shame on welfare recipients 75% of which neither want training nor work and live better than me when I came here
You don't know poverty outside America so you think you are poor
And I do know American "poor" very very well
300 lb shopping at 7 11 talking on an iPhone lol

Old 09-26-2015, 07:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,693,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
NY food stamp recipients are shipping welfare-funded groceries to relatives in Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Haiti | New York Post

I bet they wont even get a slap on the wrist.

"NY food stamp recipients are shipping welfare-funded groceries to relatives in Jamaica, Dominican Republic and Haiti"
You know what? They aren't breaking any laws.
So suck it up and pay your taxes to fund these programs.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:21 AM

89,478 posts, read 45,163,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
If they don't need it to eat they don't need it at all. How dense do liberals need to be to not see this as abuse of the system?
Exactly.

Just as an example of the extent of the abuse, and this is just one state:
I-Team: Millions Of Dollars In Mass. Welfare Benefits Spent Out Of State « CBS Boston

Old 09-26-2015, 08:32 AM

19,906 posts, read 12,197,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
FOr all of you all who want to blame the Black hispanic for all those Taxpayer dollars going to welfare..Just maybe hold onto the thought that not all of those folks are alone in this down turnoff the economy...this is the latest as of August of 2015...So feel free to blame those white folks who avail themselves of that safty-net..NOT all are "illegals" nor BLACK nor any one entity..It's just far to easy for politicians to blame them!! Put on the grownup Panties..and actually look at stats and data and FACTS!!

• Welfare Statistics |
Statistic Brain

Research Date: August 1st, 2015 $131,900,000,000
Welfare Demographics
Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %
Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %
Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %
Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %

It's long past the time some STOP demonizing those they seem different than them solely because you have NO idea except what certain media suggests who they are or what they represent!! yikes..Start looking beyond your own little world..and stop projecting your unrealistic expectations of those who never had your accesses to educations and so many other life promoting accesses!!

Accident of birth sure does NOT avail you the RIGHT to judge those that never had such availability..so try to be humble..and walk just a block in such shoes?/ Challenge!!

ETA~~ the above includes~~
Welfare is the organized public or private social services for the assistance of disadvantaged groups. Aid could include general Welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits. The Welfare system in the United States began in the 1930s, during the Great Depression. Opponents of Welfare argue that it affects work incentives.
Oh Canada, your statistics did not support what you were hoping. Fail.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:37 AM

5,307 posts, read 2,367,420 times
Since we're on the topic, 47 million people are on SNAP right now. To steal a visualization from a video I saw, imagine a soup kitchen/bread line where you have about 3 feet per person. That's a 26,705 mile soup line...that stretches more than the entire planet. That's every single day in this country.

I'm sure that's sustainable...

Old 09-26-2015, 08:45 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,569,887 times
I'm paying to support these leeches. I have a right to know where my money is going.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,932,150 times
Without the "47 million" people getting food assistance who would our agribusinesses and their investors sell their products to? Themselves? if you want an outstanding example of welfare abuse just look at our Military and their pet contractors. people welfare wastes millions but just the USAF can waste billions.

The real problem is the people welfare goes to mostly black and brown people but the military welfare goes to the predominantly white people employed by the contractors.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:51 AM

5,307 posts, read 2,367,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Without the "47 million" people getting food assistance who would our agribusinesses and their investors sell their products to? Themselves? if you want an outstanding example of welfare abuse just look at our Military and their pet contractors. people welfare wastes millions but just the USAF can waste billions.

The real problem is the people welfare goes to mostly black and brown people but the military welfare goes to the predominantly white people employed by the contractors.
I agree with you. The U.S. hasn't had a federal budget since 2007...Democrats and Republicans have both had chances to set one, but neither are interested in cutting any spending. They just want to sell off the future for votes in the present. It's going to crash soon, so we'll see if people learn the lesson when the money runs out.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:07 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,853,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

People will find ways to eat if snap wasn't provided. They wouldn't die in the streets. Some might even be forced to do the unimaginable and find a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies