Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 01:59 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
which tells me they are likely legal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Wow. That is all I can say. You do realize this is not Nazi Germany where the illegal immigrants are required to wear a star on their clothing to differentiate them right? Just because they speak English quite well does not have any bearing whatsoever on their legal status in this country.

So you start this thread in an attacking form, basically calling out those who have different opinions than you. Then you really begin to show that your opinions are not based on any semblance of reality because you know little to nothing about this issue. Instead of creating threads, why don't you do some research on these issues.

Jules told us all here on CD, just how ignorant they really are and exactly how racist they can be.....
Clue to Jules: Americans come in all colors, pal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 04:11 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Are you saying that illegals get free housing, medical care, and pensions? Could it be this is a bit overblown? Do you have a study that shows how much money the illegals get? I can see legal poor immigrants draining the system, but I don't see how these folks that live in the shadows are so costly. Do they take jobs away from you? Please explain.

Yes, illegals provide a service to many Americans such as mowing the lawn, cleaning hotel rooms, restaurant cooks, etc. but I don't see how these folks that live in the shadows are so costly. Do they take jobs away from you? Please explain.
https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/1546...aper_15469.pdf

The intuitions of these results are as follows. The presence of illegal migration has four effects.
The first one is the exploitation effect. As shown in Figure 2, when there is an increase in the
number of illegal immigrants, a greater number of unemployed illegal immigrants are searching
for jobs. In contrast, the change in the number of domestic workers searching for jobs is small.
This leads to a tighter labor market which in turn leads to more fierce competition for jobs. To
successfully secure a job, both domestic and foreign labor would have to lower their wages. The firms therefore make more profits. In turn, domestic citizens receive more dividends which can be used for consumption and investment. This effect adds to domestic consumption. Second,
the capital-using-up effect. This is due to the fact that the illegal immigrants do not save in the
domestic economy. Some capital has to be used to produce output for the consumption of illegal
migrants. This effect reduces current output which could have been used for domestic consumption and investment.Third , the displacement effect. As unemployed domestic labor and migrants compete for jobs, the chance for unemployed domestic workers to find a job is reduced. This effect lowers their consumption. Fourth, the wage depressing effect of illegal immigrants.As more illegal immigrants enter into the economy, the competition for jobs becomes more severe. Thus, the wages of domestic labor are pushed down.

Last edited by Arabianhorsebreeder; 08-24-2015 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: Font is small, sorry.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:19 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/1546...aper_15469.pdf

The intuitions of these results are as follows. The presence of illegal migration has four effects.
The first one is the exploitation effect. As shown in Figure 2, when there is an increase in the
number of illegal immigrants, a greater number of unemployed illegal immigrants are searching
for jobs. In contrast, the change in the number of domestic workers searching for jobs is small.
This leads to a tighter labor market which in turn leads to more fierce competition for jobs. To
successfully secure a job, both domestic and foreign labor would have to lower their wages. The firms therefore make more profits. In turn, domestic citizens receive more dividends which can be used for consumption and investment. This effect adds to domestic consumption. Second,
the capital-using-up effect. This is due to the fact that the illegal immigrants do not save in the
domestic economy. Some capital has to be used to produce output for the consumption of illegal
migrants. This effect reduces current output which could have been used for domestic consumption and investment.Third , the displacement effect. As unemployed domestic labor and migrants compete for jobs, the chance for unemployed domestic workers to find a job is reduced. This effect lowers their consumption. Fourth, the wage depressing effect of illegal immigrants.As more illegal immigrants enter into the economy, the competition for jobs becomes more severe. Thus, the wages of domestic labor are pushed down.

I agree!

And the folks that painted my house and mow the lawn probably do it for less. Many are angry I hired these fellows. And yes, there are risks and yes they drive salaries down for Americans that do these jobs.

A question to Republicans that are 100% pro-capitalism:
Why are you guys upset about this form of capitalism?
Is this a contradiction to your pure capitalist philosophy?

Old 08-24-2015, 04:22 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Many areas in the United States have few jobs, and many people including men , women and teenagers need a job .

The illegals who work also have women who have children. The anchor babies born get services , such as food stamps, housing and medicaid . The women keep having more anchor babies and services go higher and the men work under the table .

Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal

Posted on October 5, 2013 by Paraclete
You have two families: “Joe Legal†and “Jose Illegalâ€. Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California .
Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.
Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash “under the tableâ€.
Ready? Now pay attention….
Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax;
Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.0 0 per year. Jose Illegal pays no tax

Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.
Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year.

Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.
Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics and emergency hospitals at a cost of $0.00 per year.

Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.
Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food,

or $6,000.00 per year.
Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.
Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare.
Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.
Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has 9,631 .00. Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month Federal Rent Subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year.

Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00. Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist insurance.

Joe Legal now has $7,231.00. Jose Illegal says, “We don’t need no stinkin’ insurance!†and still has $31,200.00.
Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc..
Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month..
Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.
Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.
Joe Legal’s and Jose Illegal’s children both attend the same elementary school. Joe Legal pays for his children’s lunches, while Jose Illegal’s children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal’s children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal’s children go home.

Now, when they reach college age, Joe Legal’s kids may not get into a State School and may not qualify for scholarships, grants or other tuition help, even though Joe has been paying for State Schools through his taxes, while Jose Illegal’s kids “go to the head of the class†because they are a minority.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.
Do you get it, now?
Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal | From the Trenches World Report
Good analogy, thanks.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:26 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
Explain how a peasant from South America takes jobs away from Americans.

I never had to compete with an ilegal immigrant for a job. Who is being hurt by this competition?

I admit that my gardener, painter, and plumber (unlicensed) are for south of the border but they do the job quite well for much less money. The lady that took care of my mother before she passed was also ilegal and was a gem.

If you are a typical high earner conservative Republican: Please explain to me how these folks are a threat to you.

What gives?

Same question for liberal democrats:

Is xenophobia an issue. Does it bother you to hear Spanish north of the border?
Illegals UNDERCUT Americans and legal aliens in more skilled trades jobs than anything else, which is still despicable. Too; their kind are a huge slap in the face of those aliens who came here and, followed OUR rules.

FYI: not all illegal aliens are little Spanish speaking Indians from LatAm; some are "white" and a few are either Black or Asian. I want ALL of them gone from the US. Period.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:12 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,229,968 times
Quote:
Every single job site I saw driving around today was hispanic workers.. every one.. here in NJ they are everywhere . The illegals have been here for years.. they do have some skills.. in the housing industry.
Einstein, you think every single Hispanic is illegal???

Quote:
Some hang out at convenience stores waiting to be picked up.. many have new expensive vehicles . The new illegals work their way up to an expensive truck..they have many babies..the woman collect the welfare , the men work under the table here in NJ for $15-$20 an hour . I have known them to put in hardwork floors, roofing, building homes, concrete work, framing a house, etc..
Those guys hanging out at convenience stores are looking for simple labor job - like moving furniture; NOT building a foundation!!! Jesus!

You can walk into any trade school in this country and see a lot of Hispanics, and they are ALL legals, save for the individual who may be using a fake SSN. You know how I know? Because to register for the classes one needs a SSN. Not to mention be able to understand English.

There might be a few illegals here and there who picked up carpentry skill along the way. They are few and far between. You think someone just fresh from across the border would know the building code and know how to properly frame a wall? Dream on. It takes years of training to acquire those kind of carpentry skill.

I have family and friends in the trade, no one would ever hire an illegal because they're useless in construction. Many of them don't know English and many of them only having farming skill.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:25 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Illegals UNDERCUT Americans and legal aliens in more skilled trades jobs than anything else, which is still despicable. Too; their kind are a huge slap in the face of those aliens who came here and, followed OUR rules.

FYI: not all illegal aliens are little Spanish speaking Indians from LatAm; some are "white" and a few are either Black or Asian. I want ALL of them gone from the US. Period.
I agree!

Point of reference:

All the original inhabitants of North and South America are from Asia. If you have any doubt check out the Zoe tribe from the Amazons, pure Asian. Most Hispanics and American Indians are Asian.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:28 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,986,290 times
Quote:
I agree!

And the folks that painted my house and mow the lawn probably do it for less. Many are angry I hired these fellows. And yes, there are risks and yes they drive salaries down for Americans that do these jobs.

Are you asking this in all seriousness?

"This form of capitalism" is ILLEGAL labor. Supporting illegal immigration is to support lawbreaking. Do you not understand this?

BTW, Julian, you're Puerto Rican. Did you know that by hiring illegals, you are basically throwing your fellow Puerto Ricans under the bus? So many native-born Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft by illegals that the Puerto Rican government had to take the unprecedented step of declaring all Puerto Rico issued birth certificates null and void. Now if any native born Puerto Ricans (like my father) should need a copy of their birth certificate, they have to jump through many hoops to get a secured and certified copy.

Not to mention, illegals are displacing unskilled Puerto Ricans in the work force.

Since you're a native-born Puerto Rican, Julian, I hope that you use a good credit monitoring service.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:51 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
Quote:
I agree!

How about hiring 14 year olds to clean your chimney? That’s capitalism for you.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:30 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
I agree!

You are breaking the law by hiring illegal aliens. Why don't you care? Capitalism doesn't negate our immigration laws. You are comparing apples to oranges here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies