Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 04:37 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The only post that matters in this trainwreck of a thread.

Still laughing at right-wingers wanting to spend billions to remove a sizeable portion of our workforce, thus plunging us into a recession. A lesson these economic wizards learned from GWB, perhaps?
It's always hilarious when tax-and-waste liberals suddenly worry about too much spending.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Japanese Americans were not deported and we apologized for that.
So what?

They were put in concentration camps.

And here I thought you said that America would never do such a thing.

Quote:
Germans and Italian AMERICANS were never locked up
Some were.

And they were citizens.

Quote:
It seems it is you who would rather throw dirt on any realistic discussion than propose anything approaching a workable solution.
That's funny.

I was going to say the same thing about you.

Eisenhower carried out a mass-deportation.

There's no reason why we can't do it again.

Old 08-30-2015, 04:45 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
They should not be eligible for anything if they came here illegally.

They are supposed to apply for refugee status in their own countries.

If they can get it after coming here illegally, then this is just another example of our government refusing to enforce its own laws.

Why? It's clear and consistent now. We accept about a million legal immigrants a year.

Secure the borders first, then we'll talk about everything else.

Trump will send the military to the border.

The military will be ordered to round up and deport illegals in the interior of the country.

Trump as President will have a sworn duty to uphold and enforce the law of the land.

That law calls for the deportation of all illegals -- no exceptions.
Jesus, you really seem to have an axe to grind...

It is our ICE policy (not my policy BTW) not to repatriate certain nationalities - that is per Congressional and Executive decree and its been that way for decades- go complain to your congressman.

"Trump will secure the border" Okay fine - that seems to be a good thing.

"The military will be ordered to round up and deport illegals in the interior of the country." - Not going to happen. We are not a police state. The constitution guarantees due process - sure one could argue (although you haven't), that illegals are not citizens therefore not given any rights. The Military is never going to round up people (illegals, Gun owners, crazy neoNazi) in the US - at least not in my lifetime.

"That law calls for the deportation of all illegals -- no exceptions." perhaps you need to study our current and ridiculously complex immigration policy after you finish your campaigning for Trump. It needs revamping but as I said - some (if not many) of the people you probably think are "illegal" are not at all.

Old 08-30-2015, 04:48 AM

Quote:
I do.

Against illegals and those who encourage them.

Quote:
It is our ICE policy (not my policy BTW) not to repatriate certain nationalities - that is per Congressional and Executive decree and its been that way for decades- go complain to your congressman.

"The military will be ordered to round up and deport illegals in the interior of the country." - Not going to happen. We are not a police state. The constitution guarantees due process - sure one could argue (although you haven't), that illegals are not citizens therefore not given any rights. The Military is never going to round up people (illegals, Gun owners, crazy neoNazi) in the US - at least not in my lifetime.

"That law calls for the deportation of all illegals -- no exceptions." perhaps you need to study our current and ridiculously complex immigration policy after you finish your campaigning for Trump. It needs revamping but as I said - some (if not many) of the people you probably think are "illegal" are not at all.
Smoke and mirrors.

It all means nothing.

The law says that illegal immigrants must be deported.

Trump will finally enforce that law.

Just like Eisenhower did.

If the illegals want to appeal and get a hearing, they can apply for same with the American consulates/embassies in their own countries.

There will be about a 10,000 year waiting list....

Old 08-30-2015, 05:02 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
We have an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants in the US, which is about equal to the combined populations of NYC and Chicago. Trump says:

Immigrations & Customs Enforcement (ICE) has about 15,000 employees that deported over 400,000 illegal immigrants in 2013. In order to deport 11 million in a year's time(much less 'day one'), you're going to need a national immigration police force of over 400,000. Is that what Trump supporters want?

How are you going to round them up? Door to door searches? Once you round them up, how are you going to house, clothe and feed 11 million people until you can ship them to the border? And how are you going to ship them? Cattle cars? Are you going to have massive detention camps to sort out the legals from illegals, or just send them back and let Mexico sort 'em out? What if Mexico won't take them back? Mass executions?

How exactly is this all going to work?
He said that about the gang bangers and criminals.

Leave it to lefties to be disingenuous.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:01 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
We don't need to spend billions to remove illegal aliens from our country just make it hard for them to remain here. "Our" workforce? Illegal aliens aren't "our" workforce. They are lawbreaking, job stealing invaders.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:11 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
What gets me going is how quick Americans are in blaming anyone but themselves for any perceived national problem. If it isn't Latinos, its black people, brown people or it is Muslims or Chinese. They are blamed for taking our jobs, our money or just being different. The solution is just make them DISAPPEAR!

Many years ago Rod Serling dealt with how prejudices, fear and this grasping for scape goats can destroy a average community in a Twilight Zone episode called "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street". In his summary Rod noted " prejudices can kill, fear can destroy and scapegoating can be as toxic as fallout, and sadly these things are not confined to the Twilight Zone. Americans are no different than the people of Germany, Austria and many other European nations who acted on their prejudices, fears and scapegoated people for being different from 1933 to 1945. It is not meant to insult by bringing up such pure evil that didn't happen so long ago and that that no one is alive who lived through it but to genuinely take to heart two words "Never Forget". Anyone who advocates ethnic cleansing, mass deportations, torture or aggressive war is on his way to truly forgetting or never having learned so they could remember in the first place.
If talking about ILLEGAL aliens; they need to go back home. Period.

Please NEVER talk about illegals in the same way with what happened to Germans who were "Jewish" 70 years ago, that's a MAJOR insult right there to those citizens who lost almost everything even tho they did nothing wrong.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:14 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:

I def have an ax to grind AGAINST illegal aliens AND their fans. Period.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:51 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
I recall it was nearly $6000 back in 2008 for a family member to file and process the paperwork for a Visa to legally come to the USA. Entirely inappropriate for those who jump the border and all of the required processing to be provided amnesty. What if I did not pay income taxes for years? Should I have amnesty? Ridiculous double standard. Blame Reagan and all who came afterwards as they held out the glimmer of hope for another Amnesty provision.

The illegal immigration issue is a genuine and serious breach of USA sovereignty.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He said that about the gang bangers and criminals.

Leave it to lefties to be disingenuous.
He said they ALL have to go. Even those with children who are American citizens. He did not just say criminals have to go.

He will round them all up and when asked, if people would be knocking on doors and forcing people out of their homes ~ his answer was 'we have to do it'.

Just to clarify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies