Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 08:22 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Because I don't. At the same time I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend we aren't setting the stage for a nuclear war in the Middle East.

The Arab monarchs have spent decades feeding their people the idea that the Isrealis are monsters persecuting Palestinian brothers. They didn't suddenly start having their media tell folks it is time to let bygones be bygones for no reason.
The Iranian president never got an opportunity to address congress, Netanyahu was ready to attack Iran several years ago but cooler heads talked him out of it, according to him Iran has had nuclear capability since the 90's.

North Korea in fact has nuclear capability and they were on the verge of military action last week yet Iran is our largest concern, talk about priorities.

I don't want to generate yet another war against someone who has done nothing to us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 08:27 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I will say this for Cheney...

As idiotic and he is (and he's idiotic to the point of being legitimately dangerous), I'll give him dap for actually believing the crap he says. You know where he stands. And he really isn't lying when he spews this tripe...he REALLY thinks that he's on the right side of history.

Liz on the other hand is about as useless as an ice cube in hell.
Usually I agree with you, but in this case I think you are dead wrong...

Actually, Liz Cheney is as USEFUL as a portable room heater in hell. [Couldn't rep you again...]

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 08-30-2015 at 08:44 PM..

Old 08-30-2015, 08:41 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yeah, what are the odds of something really crazy like a bunch of people flying planes into buildings or setting off a small nuke?
Problem is that Cheney should have known that terrorists flying planes into buildings was highly possible if not probable. It was actually the main plot line of a major Clancy book released just years before and also the subject of intelligence reports*. Combined with the threat warning given over and over and over again, Dick and his pal should have been far more vigilant; but they were asleep at the switch; and that is the only reason Dick pops off every few months - to try to shift the blame from himself. He would be more successful if he just slinked away.

*Report warned of suicide hijackings in 1999.

"I don't think anybody could have predicted that ... they would try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile..." --National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice

Then to make it worse he wanted to cover up his failures...

"The vice president has repeatedly asked Congress not to investigate the intelligence failures. But with the new commotion, the White House now says it will cooperate with an investigation if it's done the right way."

This man has no place criticizing President Obama.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 08-30-2015 at 09:45 PM..

Old 08-30-2015, 09:00 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,504 times
Quote:
I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend we aren't setting the stage for a nuclear war in the Middle East.
That stage has been being set since 1947-48.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:19 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Usually I agree with you, but in this case I think you are dead wrong...

Actually, Liz Cheney is as USEFUL as a portable room heater in hell. [Couldn't rep you again...]
LMAO.
Quote:
Because I don't. At the same time I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend we aren't setting the stage for a nuclear war in the Middle East.

The Arab monarchs have spent decades feeding their people the idea that the Isrealis are monsters persecuting Palestinian brothers. They didn't suddenly start having their media tell folks it is time to let bygones be bygones for no reason.
Geez...is EVERYTHING about Israel with you guys?

Old 08-31-2015, 05:37 AM

3,953 posts, read 5,091,305 times
The Bush/Cheney administration is bookended by two of the biggest disasters in the United State's history with 9/11/2001 and the Financial Crisis of 2008. How can we take anything Dick "weapons of mass destruction" Cheney says seriously. The man isn't just foolish he's also a war criminal who the gutless wonder Obama should have had imprisoned immediately after being sworn in as President.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:12 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I do agree with the title of his book.......Why the World Needs a Powerful America
When the Dick can point out where in the Constitution America is tasked with taking care of the world I might consider reading his book. Until then? Nah!

Old 08-31-2015, 06:20 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
When the Dick can point out where in the Constitution America is tasked with taking care of the world I might consider reading his book. Until then? Nah!
It's right after the part about the US Govt taking our money and redistributing it to others in the US, citizens or not.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:41 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
The only way a nuclear war will be started in the Middle East is if Dick Cheney, Bibi Netanyahu and their ilk actually press the button to start it.
While flying the banner of a nuclear war threat, Iran gets more money than it knows what to do with to continue their real war, their conventional war via proxies, that today, kills more people than a nuclear attack. When the iranian nukes are ready to launch there will be no targets remaining to obliterate.

To the Iranians, nukes are a straw dog used to rev up their regional war. The nukes are being saved for the USA and time is on their side.

The 100 billion$$ resets the clock. Any future sanctions put in place, 'if', Iran violates the treaty, will be meaningless and have no effect until the 100 billion$$ runs out. Not only that but the, cough, cough, coalition of countries could care less about nukes tomorrow, they want to do lucrative business deals with Iran today and would not suddenly halt their business with Iran in the event of a violation.

So iran gets to up their current war mongering, fomenting unrest and murdering Americans and other nationals, compliments of the obama caused gloabl warming which unfroze 100 billion in Iranian assets.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:48 AM

45,229 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Cheney ignores the fact that America has been bombing,attacking, embargo, subverting other nations for decades where Iran has attacked no one. He also ignores the fact that the U.S. is the only country to have ever used nukes on another country ( and largely on civilians at that).
Cheney needs to get off his high horse, America holds no moral high ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies