Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2015, 10:52 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Every thread related to police you defend them and then run away when your pretend videos, pretend evidence fails to appear.

every time you ignore the videos and pretend that there are magical special reasons why it is OK for the cops to gun the person down.

your excuses may as well have just been copied and pasted from the last thread, your arguments are patently wrong, and have virtually nothing to do with the topic at hand.
Some CD posters live in fantasy.. I have to deal with reality

Everything I posted above is from public reports

I consider your comments an unprovoked personal attack.. so please.. go away and stop following me around the internet.. if you cannot deal with reality than dont attack someone else

Thanks

Old 09-08-2015, 11:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Well... what you don't see is...
The suspect allegedly attacking and injuring a woman and child... they have since both presented with injuries they said we're inflicted by the suspect
What you don't see is the 911 call.. which is out there...about the suspects actions
What you don't see is the suspect fighting with deputies.. fending off shield strikes ..unaffected by by taser deployment.. you don't see the suspect attempting to flee.. at one point trying to take a radio car.. what you don't see is the deputies chasing the suspect in a circle jerk..what you don't see is the knife the suspect had in his possession ..what you dont see is the suspects statements demanding the deputies shoot him..
What you don't see are other citizens questioning why the deputies aren't shooting the suspect after he attacked them...
What you don't see is two policemen operating on the premise of protecting citizens who had been injured by this crazy man.. and this crazy man trying to go back to the house ... hostage situation or worse.. murder...

There's a whole bunch you don't see... a totality of circumstances

But you made up your mind already

Being blind to reality is a gross form of ignorrance

I cannot convict you unless I obtain every shred of evidence ... if you were a deputy in this case wouldn't you want that... wouldn't that be fair.. wouldn't that be the law?
The ops intent was for us to comment on a brief video clip showing 2 cops killing a guy with his hands up, no we dont see what he had for breakfast that morning or where he works or what kind of beer he likes or a million other things pertinent to this guys life we just get to see his last moments of life.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:33 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The ops intent was for us to comment on a brief video clip showing 2 cops killing a guy with his hands up, no we dont see what he had for breakfast that morning or where he works or what kind of beer he likes or a million other things pertinent to this guys life we just get to see his last moments of life.
The sanctity of life is something that notmeofficer ever discusses.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:45 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm pro life... what does that have to do with the use of force in this case...

And did you mean never discusses?

Obviously the suspect in this case did not respect the sanctity of life attacking and injuring a woman and child ... don't you agree?

Old 09-08-2015, 01:58 PM

557 posts, read 737,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Might not be the same as being pro thug and pro criminal.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:02 PM

557 posts, read 737,083 times
Quote:
No i think these particular cops were lazy cowards whose only response to this situation was to kill the guy even though from the video i see no threat to the cops while the guy was standing there with his hands up..The video shows an execution by cops. I'm surprised they didnt ask the guy to turn around so they could shoot him in the back.
What I see is hero cops who took a dangerous armed parolee down without any civilians or bystanders injured. He had already attacked people with the knife previously , that's assault with a deadly weapon , even if he raised his hands not dropping the weapon and complying is good to go to be shot, one less thug , one less tax burden.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:01 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I'm pro life... what does that have to do with the use of force in this case...

And did you mean never discusses?

Obviously the suspect in this case did not respect the sanctity of life attacking and injuring a woman and child ... don't you agree?
Sanctity of life does not refer only to abortion. It's an ethical concept about all life.

Yes, I agree that the suspect in this case did not respect the sanctity of life. Nor was the sanctity of his life respected. I'm not even saying his life shouldn't have been taken; I am saying it was taken too lightly.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:05 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Exactly, yes …

I also keep an open mind until ALL the available evidence is in (not just a sketchy short video clip shot at a distance) …

The Ferguson case comes to mind, e.g., as does that career petty street criminal guy in New York City who resisted arrest and died from his severe chronic asthma ("I can't breathe … !!!") …

So the title of the thread, "Another Execution by Cops," is a horror … A STUPID barbaric horror …

How about that mob-hysteric movement in NYC chanting last year, "What do we want … ??? Dead Cops … !!! When do we want 'em … ??? NOW … !!!" … resulting in the cold blooded execution of two NYPD officers ...
What evidence do you think the video does not show? Even if he had a knife in that hand, both his hands were up. If the cops had had a dash cam or body cam, the footage would have been closer, but really, it would not have shown anything different.

The Eric Garner case was just settled by NYC for 5.9 million dollars. That was a case of wrongful death. He was unarmed. The crime was a petty one. He should not have been put in a choke hold (which is actually forbidden by the NYC police department).

Old 09-08-2015, 03:16 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,387 times
Quote:
If we are to wait for all the evidence to come in then what was the point to this whole topic and us taking our time to comment on it. ?
Its a video of two cops killing a guy with his hands up,thats all we see in the video.
As yet Teilhard you've failed to tell us what you see in this video,you just seem to be taking people to task for commenting on the obvious content of the video..
Coming from a law enforcement family, and being a law abiding citizen, I object object object to the current drum beat of anti-cop hype and hysteria … and the increasing number of resulting outright execution style murders of police officers …

Old 09-08-2015, 08:13 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
I understand that, but how can you deny what you see with your own eyes? Are people making up these videos? I don't like seeing it either, but it is what it is.

And how many "execution style murders" have there been? Yes, I agree, one is too many, but what is this "increasing number?" I'm not seeing it, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies