Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 02:27 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,081,126 times

Advertisements

Would you return to your country of origin if there was a regime change or war ended and life improved there enough for you to think it was safe to return? What would make you stay in the new country? What would make you go back? Would it make a difference if you had a family with you as opposed to being single?

I'm only speaking of people who left their country of origin because their lives were in danger. You don't have to be a refugee to answer. Put yourself in their shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 02:57 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,115,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Would you return to your country of origin if there was a regime change or war ended and life improved there enough for you to think it was safe to return? What would make you stay in the new country? What would make you go back? Would it make a difference if you had a family with you as opposed to being single?

I'm only speaking of people who left their country of origin because their lives were in danger. You don't have to be a refugee to answer. Put yourself in their shoes.
Who'd want to give this up?

https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Ra...2a_1095920.jpg

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-10-2015 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: copyright/hotlinking

Old 09-10-2015, 03:09 PM

30,541 posts, read 19,295,080 times
I would demand that I receive all manner of benefits so that I don't have to work, have the host country submit to my religion and law, demand permanent rape and stay out of jail cards to honor my religion, and eventually join with my brothers to demand everyone in the host country to submit to my religion or die.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:12 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,571,107 times
Free benefits, housing, and raping underage Infidel girls. The refugees love it.

Somali brutally raped 12-year-old girl – sentenced to 180 hours of community service | Swedish Surveyor

Old 09-10-2015, 03:23 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,115,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Free benefits, housing, and raping underage Infidel girls. The refugees love it.

Somali brutally raped 12-year-old girl – sentenced to 180 hours of community service | Swedish Surveyor
Sweden needs it's own billboard to advertise the free rape like Finland. That's just forward thinking common sense.

Don't want to get left behind or anything.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:47 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,101,724 times
Ask Rafael Cruz. Did Jews move back to Germany or Russia? Irish after the Famine? This certainly isn't the first refugee migration, but conservatives have a thing about history.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:54 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,228,596 times
It might do you all some good to watch this video. Finance-capitalism is what is driving these people into desperation, regardless of the existence of war.

Skip to about the ~20 minute mark, you would swear the video was made by Ron Paul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR1fNDW0Y3s

Old 09-10-2015, 07:20 PM

15,652 posts, read 10,426,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

I had three family members who left their countries of origin when their lives where threatened. They came to America, anglicized their names, and assimilated. They didn't go back to their countries after the regime change. Their families were murdered so why return? Is there a better country than America in this world? Not if you ever asked them. Some immigrants may not feel that way.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:54 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,828,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I had three family members who left their countries of origin when their lives where threatened. They came to America, anglicized their names, and assimilated. They didn't go back to their countries after the regime change. Their families were murdered so why return? Is there a better country than America in this world? Not if you ever asked them. Some immigrants may not feel that way.
My inlaws arrived in the U.S. With the huge wave of displaced persons following WW2.

Nearly everyone they knew from their village who survived eventually lived within blocks of each other. And they essentially recreated their village with the church as the focal point. They took care of their own.

The adult immigrants did not learn English or become Americanized. They did however get busy creating anchor babies that enabled them to expedite citizenship via a translator.

They had no need to return to their homeland.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:25 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,081,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Ask Rafael Cruz. Did Jews move back to Germany or Russia? Irish after the Famine? This certainly isn't the first refugee migration, but conservatives have a thing about history.
Where is this coming from? I'm just trying to figure out if people would long for the old country, their neighborhoods and it's cultural uniqueness, the good way they remember it before their lives were in danger, enough to want to return there. I'm guessing one of the factors would be how much time elapsed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies