Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 10:20 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times

Advertisements

Some curious ones:

Federal investigators drove from Minneapolis to the Paul Wellstone crash scene. They would have had to drive over 100 miles an hour in order to arrive there when they did, unless they started driving before the crash.

Mohammed Atta's passport remaining intact after a fiery collision, and found lying in plain sight on the ground, despite a zillion tons of rubble.

The impossible "Let's roll" cellphone call, and several other ground-based calls by bogus impersonators..

The strange disapparance of the parents of all the children shot at Sandy Hook. Including one set of TV interviewed parents, who match photos of actors at a Florida casting agency.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-11-2015 at 10:42 PM..

Old 09-12-2015, 05:49 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Even when conspiracy theories are proved true, nothing changes. All five of the companies involved in the GM-streetcar conspiracy are still flourishing giants in their field, 70 years later,

Nobody went to jail over Iran Contra.

Old 05-17-2017, 03:12 AM

808 posts, read 541,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
If you've ever worked for any level of govt, as I have (all 3) you know it is peopled with bumblers more interested in their morning tea than actually doing their jobs
My favorite conspiracy theory is that government services are a cover story for the giant sucking sound of the elite ripping off everyone's work.

The reason government workers are bumblers is because the upper echelons don't really care about what their departments are "supposed" to be doing, they're just making sure they get their cut of the loot as it moves up the food chain.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:57 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times
I dont believe Oswald was a lone gunman.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:22 AM

74 posts, read 88,978 times
I think that there are more false flags out there that the public doesn't know about.

I truly believe that the Dallas police shooting was a false flag to quell BLM.

I think there are too many holes in 9/11.

Not really a conspiracy but all the media is controlled by the same handful of people.

In general, the older I get the more I realize that the federal government doesn't care about helping the citizens when it causes a loss in funds, or when it prevents funds from going to someone high in power.

On the flip side, I also believe that the overwhelming majority of citizens are unable to think critically for themselves to see much of what's going on. So in the end, it's whatever. I just patiently wait for Jesus to come back and do what I can in the mean time.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:06 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,275,645 times
For conspiracies to exist, you need a perfect storm of mishandled or misguided belief.

Most often it's the holes in a particular incident, or an incident that has never happened before that leads people who don't have all of the evidence to draw conclusions that fits either their narrative or the narrative of others.

Other times it's simply the need to draw just a a conclusion. People need finality, closure, permanence. Conspiracy theories provide that.

To "strengthen" their belief, conspiracy theorists often will suggest that others can't or refuse to see what they see. Highlighting an outlier or example that cannot be commonly explained as irrefutable proof of the correctness of their assertion; no matter how outlandish the conclusion is. Calling others "sheeple" in order to demonize or disredit others in order to provide a sense of superiority, ostensibly reinforcing the conspiracy theorists belief system.

Many times the thinking IS rational and internally conclusive, but most often times it is invalid and wrong, and at best misguided.

Real critical thinking grants us the opportunity to say "I don't know." Even after all of the evidence there are things in life to which there are no conclusions; because of the fallibility of humans and no real objective eye, there is no ultimate Truth of the past no matter how hard we try to make one up.

And this can be very difficult to live in; to not have that closure, to not have that permanence.

That being said, are there weird things that happen from time to time? Sure. But much like in the discussion about luck, those sorts of things especially when power, wealth and situations outside of "normal" middle class understanding are involved, are going to just happen. World powers are going to happen. Space exploration is going to happen. Science is going to happen. But the only thing we can control is our time and what WE do with it.

And if people want to spend their time in the comfort of their own narratives, that's fine I guess. But everyone needs to, from time to time, step out of that and live in the impermanent uncomfortablity of the truth which is ultimately ever changing and ever flowing.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:03 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,472 times
I personally believe John McCain and the RNC rolled over and handed Obama the 2008 election on a silver platter. For what reason I have no idea.. But I have never, ever seen a political candidate that pathetic. Obama offered "Hope and Change" and the best McCain could come up with was "I'm a Maverick!"

Seriously John? Seriously?

Its almost like he didn't even want to put any effort into it.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:57 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
I believe the "Cuban Missile Crisis" was manufactured to set up an excuse to remove Fidel Castro. Much like Hitler did with blaming attacks on Poland so he could invade.

http://gaylenixjackson.com/Research/...20Mongoose.pdf

Old 05-20-2017, 05:03 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
This really shouldn't be on psychology, seems a big risk of going political, already too many opinions on specifics that are not appropriate here. JMO, and really has nothing to do with the psychology forum's purpose.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:38 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
I just ran into someone who believes in "chemtrails". I've never heard of this, but Googled it. Chemtrails do not exist apparently. People think that contrails are chemtrails and that they are harmful. Well, they probably do harm the environment; they certainly cannot be helping it. But they aren't spraying harmful chemicals over our heads. That is just nonsense.

I'm not much of a conspiracy believer. Reality is strange enough for me.

But, I am becoming convinced that there is a conspiracy in the White House to subvert an honest investigation into what looks like treasonous collusion with a enemy power, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies