Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 05:55 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I am Catholic, so you are mistaken. There is nothing in Catholicism that insists upon a radical right wing political agenda, so what you are seeing is a different and arguably more authentic perspective on Catholicism.

In my personal life, while I myself am not a leftist, I've found liberal Catholics to be the most authentic and close to Christ's wisdom, as they share his compassion for the most destitute.
Bullcrap- you are not Catholic

What was the homily about last Sunday? (run to google and see if you can find out, as you were not at mass) If you were there, you find your statements about not hearing the word of Christ to be ironic.

There is NOTHING in the Catholic church which-

1. supports global warming

2. supports communism-the historic enemy of the church

3. promotes reading of verses from the Quarn at the Vatican

4. gleefully recieves a blasphemous communist crucifix without condemnation

5. condemns the most generous nation on the planet

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 09-11-2015 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: NOTH

Old 09-11-2015, 05:58 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Read your bible, the Pope holds true Christian values, not twisted like the right wing god-capitalism mashup in the US.

This Pope lives modestly in modest accommodations - not like his ermine covered designer red-shoed predecessor.

he should start selling some of the treasures of the Vatican to feed the poor

Old 09-11-2015, 06:00 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You are not Catholic and probably not a Christian. Christ WAS NOT A POLITICIAN!

Now how in the world does "global warming" fit in the position of the Church?????

Again- you can have this communist Pope, as MANY of us Catholics do not want him. Do you understand that when I go to Mass, that I like to hear the word of Christ, not the words of MARX?????

Do you understand that without Catholics actually attending Mass and supporting the church, that the church collapses? This, of course, is what liberals and marxists want, thus thier love for this anti-Christ Pope. This Pope welcomed a blasphemous "communist crucifix" from the Bolivian president. What the hell? This is not the Vicar of Christ- he is the Vicar of someone far different than Christ.

This Pope may be the harninger of the anti-Christ- that is why liberals love him and so many Catholics hate him.
You seem very angry and do not seem comfortable with anyone who doesn't share your extreme views.

Why would you believe that stewarding the Earth, particularly as it is struggling today, beyond Christ's teaching when that directive is right in the Bible?

You're also mistaken in that Pope Francis has done a great deal to bring people back to the Church, not drive them away. People are very drawn to the Pope's compassion that was missing from the prior Pope and from the hard-line fundamentists who have hijacked the name Christianity:
Pope Francis' papacy softening hearts of America's 'cultural Catholics' - CSMonitor.com

News Story: People returning to Confession because of Pope | Catholics Come Home

The Francis Factor: Why worshippers are returning to Catholic churches - Faith - Voices - The Independent

Old 09-11-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Bullcrap- you are not Catholic

What was the homily about last Sunday? (run to google and see if you can find out, as you were not at mass) If you were there, you find your statments about not hearing the word of Christ to be ironic.

There is NOTHING in the Catholic church which-

1. supports global warming

2. supports communism-the historic enemy of the church

3. promotes reading of verses from the Quarn at the Vatican

4. gleefully recieves a blasphemous communist crucifix without condemnation

5. condemns the most generous nation on the planet
Bullcrap? Very Christian of you.

I explained to you Francis doesn't support Communism or Marxism, so you're mistaken on that.

There is wisdom to be found in all major religions. Why do you betray Christ and seek barriers between Muslims and Catholics rather than common understanding and peace?

You seem to equate your extreme right-wing political beliefs with Catholicism, but there are many devout liberal Catholics. Catholicism has many liberal values.

I have no idea why agreeing with the conclusions of every scientific organization on global warming is anti Catholic in your mind. Catholics have long sided with scientists and standing against propagandists driven by greed is very Christ-like. Perhaps you're just not aware of the vast body of evidence proving global warming.

Anyway, your views do not reflect the Catholic faith I have seen.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:20 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Ok this is a rant and I will make it short.

The Pope (this pope) seems to think America is a waste and or greed problem and or has capitalist issues.

I would just like to say a few things the pope and let me speak clear.

FU buddy.

Money, Wealth and the so called WASTE AND GREED society of the United States has done more the poor of the world then the Vatican. Maybe in the world of no justice, religion running governments, and tyranny is favored over freedom and free people who CHOOSE their own lives. We do offer humanity some choices and I think at least a clear chance to serve god on their personal terms, rich or poor etc. I appears the pope would like us to live as the vatican does where money is sent to you from people who believe in the message and Christ, so you can live in luxury.

NOW speaking of MONEY have you been to the Vatican? Or maybe you think that city you live in was built with rainbows and butterflies. You tell me what I am looking at? Money, Money, Money.

When GOD looks at the moral issues of money vs molesting children. Which moral code do you find more damaging? Protecting priests and covering up the abuse of children appears to be way of this church and he is worried about telling us capitalism is the issue.

I look forward to you leaving this country and returning to your gold palace.
Do you have any quotes from the Pope transcribing these feelings?

Old 09-11-2015, 06:21 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Bullcrap? Very Christian of you.

I explained to you Francis doesn't support Communism or Marxism, so you're mistaken on that.

There is wisdom to be found in all major religions. Why do you betray Christ and seek barriers between Muslims and Catholics rather than common understanding and peace?

You seem to equate your extreme right-wing political beliefs with Catholicism, but there are many devout liberal Catholics. Catholicism has many liberal values.

I have no idea why agreeing with the conclusions of every scientific organization on global warming is anti Catholic in your mind. Catholics have long sided with scientists and standing against propagandists driven by greed is very Christ-like. Perhaps you're just not aware of the vast body of evidence proving global warming.

Anyway, your views do not reflect the Catholic faith I have seen.
So you have clearly shown that you ARE NOT A CATHOLIC. You have no idea what was in the reading from the New Testament last Sunday. To those who are not Catholic (like Bluefly- I sent him a PM), here is the spoiler- the reading from the New Testament is THE SAME ALL OVER THE WORLD IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY. It does not matter where you are- the reading will be the same- the homily of the priest about the reading may be different. Only a Catholic would know that. A non Catholic (like Bluefly) would not!!!!!!!!!!! He is lying about being a practicing Catholic.

That is rich-a liberal atheist pretending to be a Catholic. It sounds very much like the marxist Pope YOU LIKE, AS A NON-CATHOLIC, NON CHRISTIAN.

Thanks for proving my point. YOUR POPE IS OBAMA, MARX, LENIN, AND AL GORE. The Cardinals will soon remedy this anti-Christ Pope.

That is hilarious- an atheist liberal lecturing actual Catholics about why they should like a Pope who opposes Catholicism!!!

The remarkable irony is that the reading was about Christ restoring the hearing to a deaf man, who did not hear the word of Christ (Bluefly did not hear the word and is deaf).

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 09-11-2015 at 06:30 PM..

Old 09-11-2015, 06:24 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Ok this is a rant and I will make it short.

The Pope (this pope) seems to think America is a waste and or greed problem and or has capitalist issues.

I would just like to say a few things the pope and let me speak clear.

FU buddy.

Money, Wealth and the so called WASTE AND GREED society of the United States has done more the poor of the world then the Vatican. Maybe in the world of no justice, religion running governments, and tyranny is favored over freedom and free people who CHOOSE their own lives. We do offer humanity some choices and I think at least a clear chance to serve god on their personal terms, rich or poor etc. I appears the pope would like us to live as the vatican does where money is sent to you from people who believe in the message and Christ, so you can live in luxury.

NOW speaking of MONEY have you been to the Vatican? Or maybe you think that city you live in was built with rainbows and butterflies. You tell me what I am looking at? Money, Money, Money.

When GOD looks at the moral issues of money vs molesting children. Which moral code do you find more damaging? Protecting priests and covering up the abuse of children appears to be way of this church and he is worried about telling us capitalism is the issue.

I look forward to you leaving this country and returning to your gold palace.
It will be funny if you turn out to be one of those so-called "Christian" conservatives.

Funny how they're all about Jesus, Jesus, Jesus... oh, but get those foreigners out of here; don't cross me or I'll shoot; more for me, everyone else can go screw themselves. Oh, and let's also wave around that confederate flag while we're at it and talk about how the civil rights movement was a bad idea. Just like Jesus would have done.

Last edited by ambient; 09-11-2015 at 06:34 PM..

Old 09-11-2015, 06:29 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I do not consider Catholics Christian. There is Christianity and then there is Catholicism !

ohh, and I don't bother to listen to what pope has to say !
Seriously? Are they a Hindu religion? Muslim? Wiccan? What, then, exactly, makes a religion 'Christian"? And, ultimately, who are YOU to say they are not Christian?

Old 09-11-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
So you have clearly shown that you ARE NOT A CATHOLIC. You have no idea what was in the reading from the New Testament last Sunday. To those who are not Catholic (like Bluefly- I sent him a PM), here is the spoiler- the reading from the New Testament is THE SAME ALL OVER THE WORLD IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY. It does not matter where you are- the reading will be the same- the homily of the priest about the reading may be different. Only a Catholic would know that. A non Catholic (like Bluefly) would not!!!!!!!!!!! He is lying about being a practicing Catholic.

That is rich-a liberal atheist pretending to be a Catholic. It sounds very much like the marxist Pope YOU LIKE, AS A NON-CATHOLIC, NON CHRISTIAN.

Thanks for proving my point. YOUR POPE IS OBAMA, MARX, LENIN, AND AL GORE. The Cardinals will soon remedy this anti-Christ Pope.

That is hilarious- an atheist liberal lecturing actual Catholics about why they should like a Pope who opposes Catholicism!!!

The remarkable irony is that the reading was about Christ restoring the hearing to a deaf man, who did not hear the word of Christ (Bluefly did not hear the word and is deaf).
I didn't see your question about the homily but, had I, I'd have told you I was caring Sunday morning for a friend dealing with deep depression. She was in a low place, having just had a traumatic experience. and I was by her side.

I want you to read this last post of yours and ask yourself, is this what Christ would do?

Christ is unity. Your posts are division; they build barriers. That's why Pope Francis threatens you. He sees no barriers. He sees love.

That is why he is a true Christian.

Old 09-11-2015, 07:21 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,428,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Seriously? Are they a Hindu religion? Muslim? Wiccan? What, then, exactly, makes a religion 'Christian"? And, ultimately, who are YOU to say they are not Christian?
It is my understanding that they worship idols and many false "gods"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies