Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 07:25 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,529,022 times

Advertisements

Vox?? LOL!

Old 09-17-2015, 07:28 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,351,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Nope, that would be Megyn Kelly's question in the Fox debate: "Have you received a word from God?"
Lol, yes that question alone should bar Fox News from ever holding a debate again.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,782,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Weeeellllll maybe until the fact checking comes out...
Yes, she is going to get burned by the fact-checkers, especially by the baby brain harvesting. That seemed to be her strongest line of the day, but voters will be disappointed when they find out she invented the story.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:32 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,112,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, she is going to get burned by the fact-checkers, especially by the baby brain harvesting. That seemed to be her strongest line of the day, but voters will be disappointed when they find out she invented the story.
Not necessarily. People who were enamored by her last night are already defending the lie this morning on this very forum. I'm sure the anti-choicers don't care that it was a lie because it was such a good story.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:43 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,470,241 times
Quote:
Where have you been, PP is harvesting everything, including brains.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Not necessarily. People who were enamored by her last night are already defending the lie this morning on this very forum. I'm sure the anti-choicers don't care that it was a lie because it was such a good story.
I am pro-life, but I do not like being lied to.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Where have you been, PP is harvesting everything, including brains.
Who said "keep the baby alive, we need to harvest the brain"?

No one said that. She made it up.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:48 AM

8,091 posts, read 10,125,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Trump clearly dominated the debate and his numbers will rise. That he continues to make you dems nervous and venomous at the same time is a hoot.

I thought Trump made no new ground. His style of hubris/bashing/insulting/shocking has run its course. Now we need names and facts, and just by definition, he comes up short in that area. Note the date. I predict he peaked last night and now the down fall to the exit begins. It will be very entertaining to see what sorts of "shocking" statements he makes on the way out in an effort to keep his ego alive.

Quote:
I doubt he will see a spike after yesterday. Dems actually love what Trump is doing to the GOP.
Quote:
LOL. Dems are happy as long as Trump stays in the game. They will get nervous when a serious contender takes permanent lead. There are about five serious GOP contenders.
Yup. As long as Trump is driving the clown car...and he sure makes it an interesting ride...the Dems have little to worry about from the Republicans.

Was there are serious contender on that stage? Rubio maybe? Fiorina? But she lacks the funds. The rest? Meh.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:49 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,537,401 times
These things are reprehensible, it's plain to see the moderators are purposely attempting to make the "debate" controversial and sensational. First of all, there are just too many candidates, the field needs time to shake out the final players, this is reality TV style campaigning, might as well have a debate every week and vote someone out. All this serves to do is fracture the GOP message, its a cage match, they're all at one another's throats, it's ugly. Second, why would the GOP even have agreed to a confrontational format of the CNN debate? How do these guys look unified at the end of the day when they've just gotten done trashing one another? Finally, this is far too early to begin the campaign process, all it serves to do is distract the politicians from dealing with current serious problems as they try to position their respective parties for the election and weakens whatever unity is left in Washington, as a "functional" government. I think it sucks, hate politics, hate politicians, I've become very cynical that it can be fixed.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:05 AM

773 posts, read 789,658 times
I hope the next debate is more properly titled, like "What's Up With That Face?"

CNN: Carly, respond to Trump's insult.
Firorino: His face reminds me of a squirrel that's eaten too much bark
Trump: What's the difference between Fiorino and a light bulb?
Paul: Oh! I know! I know!
Rubio: Shut up Rand! The answer is the light bulb is brighter
Cruz: Ha! Good one Marco
Paul: Marco!
Christie: Polo!
Trump: Speaking of animals, that face Cruz has reminds me of an ant eater!
CNN: We'll be right back after this important message from the American Psychiatric Association
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies