Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 04:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Many people ain't real happy with the Muslims trying to get into Europe; especially the young military age dudes.

Would many of us feel any different if those young dudes were the same "race" but, were "Christian" instead? Why I ask is it seems to me those "Muslims" WITH kids and old people are the real deal and are probably quite happy to get out of the Middle East. OTOH: when I was a young guy; I did some stupid stuff that I'd NEVER try in 2015. Many of us guys of ANY race when young had an "attitude".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 04:20 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times
Could you imagine if it was Africans swarming in. I think you'd see all out war breaking out at the Hungary border. Millions of Africans swarming into Europe would be met with bullets and bombs.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:09 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
I don't blame them.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Could you imagine if it was Africans swarming in. I think you'd see all out war breaking out at the Hungary border. Millions of Africans swarming into Europe would be met with bullets and bombs.
Egyptians are "African".

BTW: there are Somalis in with those "refugees" who ARE "Black" and, I don't think any of their kind have been shot at.

Anguish at the border: Five days in the refugee crisis

Old 09-21-2015, 07:32 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,859,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Egyptians are "African".

BTW: there are Somalis in with those "refugees" who ARE "Black" and, I don't think any of their kind have been shot at.

Anguish at the border: Five days in the refugee crisis
But what if the majority of them were from Somalia. I think we'd be seeing an entirely different scenario playing out.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:38 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times
who wants to deal with this?? the expense alone is astronomical!!!!

and why is no ONE calling out the gulf Arab states on this??? where are heads of state and why aren't they holding them accountable?? they have the space, and MONEY. These are THEIR brothers. Islamic sects aside - who CARES??? they're your brothers, no? this lack of action speaks volumes.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:54 AM

5,173 posts, read 4,947,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
who wants to deal with this?? the expense alone is astronomical!!!!

and why is no ONE calling out the gulf Arab states on this??? where are heads of state and why aren't they holding them accountable?? they have the space, and MONEY. These are THEIR brothers. Islamic sects aside - who CARES??? they're your brothers, no? this lack of action speaks volumes.
Also, there hasn't been a peep of news about Russia or the Asian nations taking in any invaders.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:17 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
People have always resisted influxes of newcomers, whether refugees or just normal immigrants. It's a fear-based human impulse to isolate oneself around those who think and act alike, justifying it by disparaging the newcomers.

That pattern has played out in the U.S. just the same over many generations.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:47 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
People have always resisted influxes of newcomers, whether refugees or just normal immigrants. It's a fear-based human impulse to isolate oneself around those who think and act alike, justifying it by disparaging the newcomers.

That pattern has played out in the U.S. just the same over many generations.
During previous generations people immigrated to jobs whereas now people immigrate to welfare. Big difference.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:48 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Also, there hasn't been a peep of news about Russia or the Asian nations taking in any invaders.
Why should there be? They are independent nations. They don't owe the Middle Eastern hoard anything. The only ones they are responsible for are their own people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies