Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 08:37 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Tell us why we should care about this?
Didn't you see the code word?? She's a MUSLIM! And despite giving lip service to not automatically condemning everyone who is Muslim or automatically suspecting them of being radical simply because they are Muslim, in reality that's exactly what many right wingers do. Nmnita's response in this thread (post #33) is the perfect example of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 10:23 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
King Hillary's closest advisor Huma Abedin-Weiner says she is proud to be a Muslim.

No doubt if King Hillary is elected, she will appoint this Muslim woman to an important position in the Administration. Maybe Chief of Staff, maybe Secretary of State. People have been asked if they would vote for Muslin for office, now they get their chance with King Hillary.

(Also known as Anthony Weiner's wife, she, like King Hillary spits on the Secret Service as being beneath her. Uses them for door mats.)

Huma proclaims her Muslim faith as she attacks Ben Carson in high-profile Twitter debut | Daily Mail Online
Missing in your arguments are the things that grown ups talk about such as her qualifications. I don't care if she believes in stupid things such as the earth being 6000 years old or in a con artist who found god in magical gold tablets, but I do care if she brings something to the table.

Before you cast the lady out, you might want to try making that grown up argument instead of just whining.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:29 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This is the Tweet:

“You can be a proud American, a proud Muslim, and proudly serve this great country. Pride versus prejudice,”

What's the problem?
Yet few will allow the actual statement to interfere with their whines.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:30 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
It is normal to be proud of one's religion and heritage, however if I were a Muslim, I would renounce my religion and adopt another one. I would not be comfortable remaining a Muslim when they do not seem to be doing anything to stop the radicals.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:43 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So what if she's a Muslim? One person who responded in this thread is arguing in another thread that Republicans have no problem with ordinary, every day Muslims. That they only have a problem with the radical Muslims, which this woman is clearly not, and that that's all Carson meant, too. Is that not true?
I'd agree with that. I think it's fine that Huma is a proud Muslim... however, she has now injected her religion into politics; the left would crucify a Christian for such a display of pride.

The hypocrisy is deafening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yet few will allow the actual statement to interfere with their whines.
I'd say Huma has more pressing issues to attend to. Things at home certainly being on top of the list.

But I digress, after all, we are talking about people who place their political agenda and self-interest ahead of doing the peoples business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Missing in your arguments are the things that grown ups talk about such as her qualifications. I don't care if she believes in stupid things such as the earth being 6000 years old or in a con artist who found god in magical gold tablets, but I do care if she brings something to the table.

Before you cast the lady out, you might want to try making that grown up argument instead of just whining.
I'd bet a years salary you wouldn't take such a rational stance if she were a Christian! Islam/Muslim principles make them (as a whole) ultra-conservative. The religion is dominated by extreme views such as Sharia law, women are only worth half of a man, rape and slavery are fine. Gays, Christians, Jews, women who dress improperly, and even rape vicitims are regularly put to death.

It's one thing to be proud of your religion, and quite another to be silent about the atrocities said religion is currently foisting on the world.

Last edited by steven_h; 09-23-2015 at 10:55 AM..

Old 09-23-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'd agree with that. I think it's fine that Huma is a proud Muslim... however, she has now injected her religion into politics; the left would crucify a Christian for such a display of pride.

What are you talking about? The right interjects religion into politics on a regular basis. Every candidate on the right must genuflect to the fundamentalist Christians if they want to have a hope of advancing in the GOP these days. Hypocrisy indeed.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:26 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

I'd say Huma has more pressing issues to attend to. Things at home certainly being on top of the list.

But I digress, after all, we are talking about people who place their political agenda and self-interest ahead of doing the peoples business.

I'd bet a years salary you wouldn't take such a rational stance if she were a Christian! Islam/Muslim principles make them (as a whole) ultra-conservative. The religion is dominated by extreme views such as Sharia law, women are only worth half of a man, rape and slavery are fine. Gays, Christians, Jews, women who dress improperly, and even rape vicitims are regularly put to death.

It's one thing to be proud of your religion, and quite another to be silent about the atrocities said religion is currently foisting on the world
But but, we have the West Burrough Babtist church and they're evil too

Old 09-23-2015, 12:35 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It is normal to be proud of one's religion and heritage, however if I were a Muslim, I would renounce my religion and adopt another one. I would not be comfortable remaining a Muslim when they do not seem to be doing anything to stop the radicals.
Yeah, it's like saying you're "proud to be a Nazi" or "proud to be in the KKK". You may be proud of it...still makes you an a**hole.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yeah, it's like saying you're "proud to be a Nazi" or "proud to be in the KKK". You may be proud of it...still makes you an a**hole.
How refreshing to see someone on the right finally say this out loud instead of pretending that they are fine with ordinary, every day Muslims. I give you kudos for your honesty, however odious it may be.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:06 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Being born into the Muslim culture and being a decent person and just acknowledging where you came from is a far cry from actively joining a political hate group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies