Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 10:00 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'd agree with that. I think it's fine that Huma is a proud Muslim... however, she has now injected her religion into politics; the left would crucify a Christian for such a display of pride.

The hypocrisy is deafening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What are you talking about? The right interjects religion into politics on a regular basis. Every candidate on the right must genuflect to the fundamentalist Christians if they want to have a hope of advancing in the GOP these days. Hypocrisy indeed.
..and as I said, there's that hypocritical double standard. You'll ridicule a Christian for injecting their religious views (in this fundamentally Christian country) while trumpeting how great it is for a Muslim politician/staffer to do the same (in this fundamentally Christian country.)

What I'm talking about is fairly simple, really. I'm not doing any bashing, but rather pointing out the obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 10:22 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Being a Muslim isn't "being born into the Muslim culture", at the least, not for an adult. You are born an Iraqi, or Syrian, or whatever.
Really, you think the 1.5 billion Muslims around the world all chose the faith after being born? No, for the most part they were just born into Muslim families mostly in Muslim societies. Just like most Mexicans today didn't chose to be Catholic, it's just the faith of who conquered them hundreds of years ago. The only ones they can get to convert to Islam in the US are ex-cons

Quote:
You CHOOSE to join clubs, cults, political parties...or religions. Much like you CHOOSE to join the Nazi party, the KKK, the Westboro Baptist Church...or Islam. If you chose a club or religion that practices misogyny, promotes the slaughter of non-members, encourages rape and child abuse, and promises a reward of 72 virgins after you do so, what does that make you?
You ask plenty of Muslims and you'll get a hundred different answers on anything, but most aren't promoting rape and child abuse, imagining they'll get 72 virgins, even if there is a regressive conservative streak in the sexism inherent in most of the Muslim world. Nor is a giant religion with multiple divergent sects somehow akin to one small specific far-right political group like the KKK.

All the same, I know modern feminists that drink and practice pre-martial sex who still somehow consider themselves Muslims, simply because that's their families cultural heritage. I don't know how they justify it, but I think it's in part just to **** off the people who rail against the entirety of all Muslims. Those half-assed fake Muslims married to Jews and Christians are the types we should be encouraging though, that's the sort of lazy, cultural appropriation that can weaken the harsher edges of a culture.

But I'm sure your're an expert on all things Muslim in whatever rural corner of Idaho you live in. All Muslims are evil to Americans and America is the great Satan to angry Iranian ayotollahs, you all love absolutes because you're too simplistic to understand anything beyond black and white extremes.

Last edited by CanuckInPortland; 09-23-2015 at 10:32 PM..

Old 09-23-2015, 10:32 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
King Hillary's closest advisor Huma Abedin-Weiner says she is proud to be a Muslim.

No doubt if King Hillary is elected, she will appoint this Muslim woman to an important position in the Administration. Maybe Chief of Staff, maybe Secretary of State. People have been asked if they would vote for Muslin for office, now they get their chance with King Hillary.

(Also known as Anthony Weiner's wife, she, like King Hillary spits on the Secret Service as being beneath her. Uses them for door mats.)

Huma proclaims her Muslim faith as she attacks Ben Carson in high-profile Twitter debut | Daily Mail Online
Why shouldn't she be proud to be a Muslim

Old 09-24-2015, 01:19 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Why shouldn't she be proud to be a Muslim
She has to be proud of something, I suppose.

It certainly wouldn't be being married to an arrogant sleazebag who exposes himself to strangers and whose name -- "Wiener" -- has made him the laughingstock of American politics.

It certainly wouldn't be working as a shill for another woman who is married to another philandering pervert who couldn't keep it in his pants and who used the Oval Office for his infidelities.

But it seems her choice of Islam as something to be proud of is going in the wrong direction -- a religion that endorses the oppression of women, the killing or subjugation of non-Muslims, and a complete rejection of human rights, individual freedom, democracy, and basic human decency.

As usual, the left is in love with evil and immorality.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:24 AM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
Christianity- It mentions several times in the bible how god will strike down infidels,the Muslim faith and the Christian faith share the old testament together in their holy books. I was born and raised in a country that was 50% Muslim 40-45% christian and 5-10% animistic.
Statements that have been made so far- Muslims do nothing about the radicals.
What are the Kurdish fighters doing then? What is the Pakistani government doing attacking and killing Taliban members. What is the Nigerian government that has a muslim president after our Christian one failed to combat Boko Haram doing? I am christian but to say simply muslims do nothing about terrorists who mostly kill and slaughter other Muslims is pretty off. First of most Christians in Western and Northern Europe are cultural Christians who don't even own a bible, and don't go to church, that is just their way of understanding Christianity. ( This is why most people have the absurd belief that any European country is majority muslim, at most you may find Spain which was majority muslim till islam was outlawed is hitting 20%)
Muslims condemn those who marry/ date non muslims, go to a Turkish University although it is still rare many won't condemn. Unlike my native country of Nigeria up till about 10-20 years ago marrying non Christians was condemned, and even now many condemn people who do that.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:51 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
Really, you think the 1.5 billion Muslims around the world all chose the faith after being born? No, for the most part they were just born into Muslim families mostly in Muslim societies. Just like most Mexicans today didn't chose to be Catholic, it's just the faith of who conquered them hundreds of years ago. The only ones they can get to convert to Islam in the US are ex-cons

You can make silly claims all you want, and with children there is some justification to that. I was raised as a Catholic as a kid. Realized that it was silly by the time I was 10, rejected it completely by the time I was 12. As an adult, you choose to participate in a religion. If you choose to participate in a religion that preaches the slaughter of non-members, embraces and advocates misogyny, child rape, advocates against the education and equality of women and promises men 72 virgins as their reward for following it's doctrines, what does that make you?

Old 09-24-2015, 10:24 AM

31,061 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Christianity- It mentions several times in the bible how god will strike down infidels,the Muslim faith and the Christian faith share the old testament together in their holy books. I was born and raised in a country that was 50% Muslim 40-45% christian and 5-10% animistic.
Statements that have been made so far- Muslims do nothing about the radicals.
What are the Kurdish fighters doing then? What is the Pakistani government doing attacking and killing Taliban members. What is the Nigerian government that has a muslim president after our Christian one failed to combat Boko Haram doing? I am christian but to say simply muslims do nothing about terrorists who mostly kill and slaughter other Muslims is pretty off. First of most Christians in Western and Northern Europe are cultural Christians who don't even own a bible, and don't go to church, that is just their way of understanding Christianity. ( This is why most people have the absurd belief that any European country is majority muslim, at most you may find Spain which was majority muslim till islam was outlawed is hitting 20%)
Muslims condemn those who marry/ date non muslims, go to a Turkish University although it is still rare many won't condemn. Unlike my native country of Nigeria up till about 10-20 years ago marrying non Christians was condemned, and even now many condemn people who do that.
Good points. There are many variations in religion and Islam has as many variations as the rest of them.

On the other hand there is something about this particular religion that draws in the most Lunatics and has the most terrorist organizations in the world, bar none. It's not just the West as apologist like to believe. Islamist are in conflict with people on every continent in the world including peaceful Muslims. Islamist are the worst enemy of Muslims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

Last edited by LS Jaun; 09-24-2015 at 10:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies