Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 06:35 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,430,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Agree with Greywar, this is not a pot problem but a case of depression, go look up the symptoms and compare them to what you wrote here, it fits perfectly with a classic case of depression, and if you current counselor has not caught that then you should also find another counselor.
This has been explored and not totally dismissed. We are still in the infancy stage of our counselling. But it is awfully curious that these issues starting showing up shortly after the marijuana use began. I'm not saying depression is not an underlying issue, but the marijuana abuse is definitely magnifying the problem.

I have become quite the authority on marijuana abuse / use. All of the issues I mentioned are also common in people who abuse marijuana. We can treat any existing depression, but that will most likely not remedy the situation. My greatest frustration is his refusal to admit that marijuana causes any of these effects, despite what all of the research suggests. I get frustrated by the folks who insist that marijuana causes no harm for anyone. Of course not everyone experiences these effects, but a small percentage do.

Again, I don't think marijuana should be illegal. But I also don't think it is without it's ill effects.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:37 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Mj proponents love to tell all the rest of us how harmless their chosen drug is....

One intended or unintended consequence of a permissive attitude to mj and the huge draw to new addicts is synthetic mj..
Spice ..k2.. Woobly dreams..scoobydoo The names are limitless. It is sold and marketed everywhere... Heck even Walmart has it.. I love the marking " not for human consumption" all the while packaged and marketed to kids

This is what you get when you diminish the dangers of drug use and abuse.

I look forward to proponents telling the rest of us they aren't to blame for this scouge upon our world

5000.00 in chemicals..solvents usually .. Get sprayed on green leafy medium and can easily net 250k.. Much of this junk is coming out of China.. Who could care less..

This year we have seen a large uptick in overdose exposures

And for you afficiandos... Yep.. You can get it too... You know the taste.. The flavor .. The unusual feeling of adulterated mj.. Think a drug dealer or marijuana cowboy whose crop isn't so hot would give it a little extra kick to maximize profit?

Think Monsanto isn't already looking at it... Sure they are...

There are parents today who are permissive with mj and their kids..smoking it with them ... Drugs use no big deal...

It is... It kills the spirit..and in some cases..the body...
There are negatives about everything. Don't use it, if it bothers you. Free choice.

As for myself, I choose not to drink alcohol except once in a blue moon. I also don't eat beef (it causes cancer and is very harmful to animals), and is related to a myriad of medical conditions. I also rarely eat out (unhealthy & probably unsanitary).

We all have our ways to live. Free choice.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:44 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
There are negatives about everything. Don't use it, if it bothers you. Free choice.

As for myself, I choose not to drink alcohol except once in a blue moon. I also don't eat beef (it causes cancer and is very harmful to animals), and is related to a myriad of medical conditions. I also rarely eat out (unhealthy & probably unsanitary).

But notmeofficer doesn't believe in free choice.

Even his chosen moniker is a sneer at anyone who makes a claim of innocence. To him, the accused are the guilty, the rules are paramount for their own sake and not for their intended societal benefits, and the enforcement class is the special and supreme and always-right class.

Freedom? That doesn't even factor into things.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:57 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post

I never drink..I hate alcohol.. I dont like being anywhere its consumed and chose not to

I hate drugs..Im never around them in my personal life

I dont eat meat.. havent going on 50 years..

I havent eaten out in years... hep a.. nasty.. and food service providers want to give you fat sugar and salt

MJ users want free choice but they don't want responsible behavior.. they want everyone to say.. I'm OK you're OK.. well.. they aren't .. no person who abuses substances is "ok" they are just in varying levels of dysfunctional behavior and self harm.. which is OK,, I guess ...as long as they don't "harm" anyone else..
Harm being defined as infringing upon the normal peaceful rights of others.. unfortunately POT behavior rarely falls into the category as harmless anymore

Stink weed is obnoxious.. it damages the environment.. it saps the life energy of the user.. it creates avenues for those who are already damaged to be more so... and fail to deal with their own (created) life problems

No pothead will admit... "hey I get stoned Im a loser".. no ..they always say.. "look at all the famous people who excelled.. I'm just like them"
Wrong...those people rarely use MJ and are highly productive in fields requiring high levels of brainpower and proficiency

There's no war on drugs.. at least not locally anyway.. there's enforcement of the law.. it drives potheads nuts that we are pulling plants by the thousands because thats what the CITIZENS voted for... Potheads always like to talk about the war on drugs and how its failed... like there are battlefields out there... well maybe there are.. we are battling for the soul of our nation not to be dumbed down to the lowest common denominator.. Ever seen the look a stoner has on their face,, pretty salient

Our ordinance allows MM patients to grow enough dope to produce 16000 joints per year.. (how many times do I have to type it in how many threads) isn't that enough???...no potheads wont be happy until they flood society with the stuff.. which is why we see kids take garbage like spice... you cannot separate the behavior.. no more than you can separate all the people being murdered in the name of marijuana in this and other countries to produce it for a nearly insatiable market of people who think their actions stop at their joint in their mouth...

Next time you hear of a child using a fake marijuana type substance think to yourself.. is my attitude towards drug use in general and specifically marijuana and how I promote it driving any of this use...
that requires conscious thought.. something lacking in drug use at its core.

Last edited by notmeofficer; 09-25-2015 at 07:16 PM..

Old 09-25-2015, 07:21 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
...no person who abuses substances is "ok" they are just in varying levels of dysfunctional behavior and self harm... which is OK... I guess.
First of all, use and abuse are two different things, second, DID YOU JUST SAY IT WAS OKAY?
Quote:
No pothead will admit... "hey I get stoned I'm a loser"...
You insist on calling anyone who ever uses any drug NAMES. Anyone who ever uses cannabis is a "pothead" and a "loser" according to you. Grow up, please. This isn't a D.A.R.E. presentation from 1986. We're not in Junior High.
Quote:
Our ordinance allows MM patients to grow enough dope to produce 16000 joints per year... (how many times to I have to type it in how many threads) isn't that enough?
Yes, so why do you KEEP ON producing thread after thread of the same tired, caustic rhetoric??

Old 09-25-2015, 07:23 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
This has been explored and not totally dismissed. We are still in the infancy stage of our counselling. But it is awfully curious that these issues starting showing up shortly after the marijuana use began. I'm not saying depression is not an underlying issue, but the marijuana abuse is definitely magnifying the problem.

I have become quite the authority on marijuana abuse / use. All of the issues I mentioned are also common in people who abuse marijuana. We can treat any existing depression, but that will most likely not remedy the situation. My greatest frustration is his refusal to admit that marijuana causes any of these effects, despite what all of the research suggests. I get frustrated by the folks who insist that marijuana causes no harm for anyone. Of course not everyone experiences these effects, but a small percentage do.

Again, I don't think marijuana should be illegal. But I also don't think it is without it's ill effects.
CarnivalGal, I would like to express my sorrow at what you and your family is going through right now.

At the same time, I would like to express my thanks to you for not having the knee-jerk reaction like most would have. The fact that you admit it may only be a small percentage that experiences what your husband is experiencing, and the fact that you still believe that prohibition is wrong, speaks volumes for your intelligence, character, and clear headed, unbiased thinking.

As I mentioned in my previous post, please don't underestimate the differences between strains. Night and day. It is truly a crime that your doctor cannot prescribe the right strain, even if it takes several tries to find it. It would be so much healthier than the chemical antidepressants that I have a feeling are about to get prescribed to him, and without all the nasty side effects.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:39 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,365 times
Quote:
Mj proponents love to tell all the rest of us how harmless their chosen drug is....

It is... It kills the spirit..and in some cases..the body...
seriously dude, AGAIN? My forensics teacher, a retired homicide detective of 23 years, went on a rant the other day in class that said, "not once in my entire career did I see a murder, a car accident, or any other calamity caused by marijuana. Period. Doesn't happen. PCP? Meth? Alcohol? All the time. Marijuana? Never."

You need to pick a new soapbox. Obviously you are fixated on this while blithely ignoring the far greater dangers of alcohol, never mind meth, which is to my mind the greatest drug scourge EVER, due to its cheapness and the fact that it literally fries your pleasure centers in the brain, leaving you unable to enjoy anything EVER. NOTHING comparable to marijuana.

If you were actually concerned for anyone's welfare you would take note of the far greater dangers these substances pose, but no, you are stuck on mary jane. You are kind of making a bit of a laughing stock of yourself, honestly.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:43 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,365 times
Quote:
I never drink..I hate alcohol.. I dont like being anywhere its consumed and chose not to

I hate drugs..Im never around them in my personal life

I dont eat meat.. havent going on 50 years..

I havent eaten out in years... hep a.. nasty.. and food service providers want to give you fat sugar and salt

MJ users want free choice but they don't want responsible behavior.. they want everyone to say.. I'm OK you're OK.. well.. they aren't .. no person who abuses substances is "ok" they are just in varying levels of dysfunctional behavior and self harm.. which is OK,, I guess ...as long as they don't "harm" anyone else..
Harm being defined as infringing upon the normal peaceful rights of others.. unfortunately POT behavior rarely falls into the category as harmless anymore

Our ordinance allows MM patients to grow enough dope to produce 16000 joints per year.. (how many times do I have to type it in how many threads) isn't that enough???
...no potheads wont be happy until they flood society with the stuff.. which is why we see kids take garbage like spice... you cannot separate the behavior.. no more than you can separate all the people being murdered in the name of marijuana in this and other countries to produce it for a nearly insatiable market of people who think their actions stop at their joint in their mouth...
Uh, you do know that once it is legalized, the weed is grown domestically, bought from local growers, right? Therefore completely gutting the market for illegal weed grown by illegal means?

You post 16000 posts on this topic a year. ISNT THAT ENOUGH?

Old 09-25-2015, 08:54 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Only if you also incarcerate that toddler for 20 months.

I refer to people like you as control-freaks. Because you just can't STAND not exerting control over the lives of others or feeling like someone's allowed to do something they couldn't do before.
Nope, not a 'control-freak' at all. Although I wouldn't doubt if individuals in your mind-set would apply that and other negative terms to my stand on this topic:
I do have the right to quote, control, unquote, something that directly affects me. And if someone brings that garbage into my home, or uses it in front of me, or exposes my family members to it, or is driving under-the-influence when I'm crossing the street, I have every right to say it is not o.k.
I also have the right to express my opinion, whether you and/or others like it or not. And that's the point most of you have a problem with.

Now, with all of that in mind, if you 'choose' to use drugs in your own home, or with friends who wish to participate in the 'activity,' go for it. If individuals of reasonable age wish to wreck their own minds and lives, it's their decision.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:03 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
"not once in my entire career did I see a car accident, or any other calamity caused by marijuana. Period. Doesn't happen.

i have seen many of them, and im not even a cop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies