Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2015, 06:01 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
"Fetus" is merely a term for an unborn baby. It is just as human when it is a fetus in its mothers womb as it is the moment it emerges (is born).

You are the one that has the problem. I think most people would refer to it as complete ignorance.
Born trumps unborn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
And there in that one sentence defines your lack of humanity. Some of the people on the videos were talking about being careful how they extracted the fetus so as not to crush some of the parts that were needed. This was not tissue they were talking about. These were actual beings. Please don't mention editing because there is no other interpretation.
You obviously don't understand how creative editing can obscure the truth.

Do you believe what you see in magic shows too?

"He cut that woman in half, I saw it with my own eyes."

Old 09-27-2015, 06:15 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think this issue is far more complex than you are willing to admit. I'm liberal, I am also personally opposed to abortion except for some very limited situations. But I went to high school in the 60's at a time when abortion was illegal and that never stopped women from having one. By the time I was a senior I would guess that 20-25% of the girls in my graduating class had been pregnant, some of them more than once. The girls from upper middle class families missed school for two days during which they went to see the doctor for a "procedure", of course the "procedure" was an abortion and the girls would return to school magically un-pregnant. The poor girls..well they either quit school and had the baby, or they were sent off to a home for unwed mothers where they were 'encouraged' to give up the baby for adoption, or they had an illegal abortion usually performed by a non professional which sometimes ended up tragically sometimes leaving the girl with permanent damage or in rare cases resulting in death.

How does outlawing abortion help anyone? Women with money will still have them, so basically the only fetuses you will save are those carried by very poor women who have few or no options. And a lot of those women and girls are ethnic minorities, they know if they give their baby up for adoption it will be among the last to be picked for adoption. How is that fair, righteous, or even ethical?
2sleepy, I can respect your well thought out argument. I am not disputing part of what you are saying. But there is also the reality that with every abortion there is a termination of human life. And the callousness that some people, not all, on this thread have displayed since this whole Planned Parenthood thing has exploded has been weird. Almost as though if it were in fact found that Planned Parenthood was profiting from tissue, body parts, whatever, it wouldn't matter. I'm not talking about shipping and handling costs but actual profits. If that were found to be true, then our society would really be entering a different arena. And I guess I see us going down a really dark path IF, IF, that were found to be true.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You obviously don't understand how creative editing can obscure the truth.

Do you believe what you see in magic shows too?

"He cut that woman in half, I saw it with my own eyes."
Did you not hear the one Dr. talking about this? Did they edit out her own words and lip synch so her face matched the edited words. Please don't play this game. Go back and listen to her as she noshes down on her salad and describes it.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
2sleepy, I can respect your well thought out argument. I am not disputing part of what you are saying. But there is also the reality that with every abortion there is a termination of human life. And the callousness that some people, not all, on this thread have displayed since this whole Planned Parenthood thing has exploded has been weird. Almost as though if it were in fact found that Planned Parenthood was profiting from tissue, body parts, whatever, it wouldn't matter. I'm not talking about shipping and handling costs but actual profits. If that were found to be true, then our society would really be entering a different arena. And I guess I see us going down a really dark path IF, IF, that were found to be true.
So, you admit that nothing has been proven, yet pro-lifers support defunding PP on an IF.

Yes, we are going down a dark path if this country is going to assume guilt and mete out punishment without a trial.....which is exactly what Republicans are trying to do to PP.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
So, you admit that nothing has been proven, yet pro-lifers support defunding PP on an IF.

Yes, we are going down a dark path if this country is going to assume guilt and mete out punishment without a trial.....which is exactly what Republicans are trying to do to PP.
So I'll ask you, if it is proven true, would you have any qualms about letting that continue?

Last edited by toryturner; 09-27-2015 at 07:09 PM..

Old 09-27-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
So I'll ask you, if it is proven true, would you have any qualms about letting that contine?
If it was proven to be true in a court of law I would want the practice stopped and the individuals who did it prosecuted for breaking the law.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
If it was proven to be true in a court of law I would want the practice stopped and the individuals who did it prosecuted for breaking the law.
Ok. On that we can agree.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:07 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
With all due respect, I do not believe the whole argument against planned parenthood is anything less than a full frontal attack intended to remove women's access to abortion services. I am not saying that is how you feel, but that is clearly the goal of most people who are trying to shut PP down. And once again, it won't reduce the number of abortions, it will just make them less safe. If anything, there will be more women having abortions because large numbers relied upon planned parenthood for birth control services. I think it's a misguided effort and will ultimately fail.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
With all due respect, I do not believe the whole argument against planned parenthood is anything less than a full frontal attack intended to remove women's access to abortion services. I am not saying that is how you feel, but that is clearly the goal of most people who are trying to shut PP down. And once again, it won't reduce the number of abortions, it will just make them less safe. If anything, there will be more women having abortions because large numbers relied upon planned parenthood for birth control services. I think it's a misguided effort and will ultimately fail.
Thank you for an honest discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies