Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 07:30 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
A truth within a pack of lies that have been your posts. Unless 5,000 or so clinics opened up since 2010 when it was ant 8000 or 9000, your number of clinics is wrong. I've seen several close entirely actually with the net gain being maybe one.
PP critics want to pretend that Planned Parenthood is replaceable. You can tell them a million times that there aren’t nearly enough providers to take care of all those low-income patients. You can show them congressional studies. You can also tell them that Planned Parenthood wasn’t caught doing anything illegal or that was claimed. Never mind. It’s hopeless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 07:37 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
The opponents of Planned Parenthood BELIEVE it is the embodiment of EVIL. That FAITH cannot be shaken by mere fact.

The fetal tissue is donated by the women involved and not paid for the researchers using the material to try to improve our understanding.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:31 AM

89,035 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Since we are discussing PP, services comparable to what PP provides.

PP provides those at low or no cost for low income women who have no insurance.
No, they do not. I've stated this multiple times:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
PP only offers free/sliding fee scale services if you CAN provide proof of no/low income by: 4 weeks of pay stubs, proof of the receipt of unemployment benefits, or documentation (Dr affidavit or SSDI status) that you are unable to work.

Illegals working for cash and high school and college women typically can't meet any of those requirements.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:40 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Are taxpayers funding that?
Taxpayers aren't funding abortions at Planned Parenthood either, so how about answering my question. Where is your outrage of the huge number of embryos regularly destroyed at IVF clinics?
Quote:
1) 1.2 million discarded/2.1 million fertilized = 0.57 discard rate
2) 5% born per 100 embryos fertilized; 58,000 births per year. 58,000 = 5% of 1.16 million embryos fertilized per year.
3) 57% of 1.16 million = 661,200 fertilized embryos intentionally discarded per year.
https://formingthethread.wordpress.c...-are-anti-ivf/

Old 10-01-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
No, they do not. I've stated this multiple times:
And I have refuted your claim many times. There is NO requirement to prove that you don't have money. What they ask for in order to establish sliding scale fees is proof of what you do have, i.e. unemployment, TANF, disability. I know it for a fact because I personally transported a woman to PP who was homeless and had no income- not even welfare. She miscarried at home and developed an infection a few weeks later. I took her to the ER, they referred her to PP. They accepted her with NO PROOF that she had no income. Think about it, how do you prove a negative? But hey, don't believe me, pick up the phone and call a clinic.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And I have refuted your claim many times.
No, you haven't.
Quote:
There is NO requirement to prove that you don't have money.
There IS a requirement to prove no/low income. It's even on PP's website. You must provide proof of no/low income by: 4 weeks of pay stubs, proof of the receipt of unemployment benefits, or documentation (Dr affidavit or SSDI status) that you are unable to work.

Illegals working for cash and high school and college women typically can't meet any of those requirements.

If PP is as altruistic and beneficial as many of you like to claim, why do they charge illegals and jobless HS and college women full price for services?

Old 10-01-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
No, you haven't. There IS a requirement to prove no/low income. It's even on PP's website. You must provide proof of no/low income by: 4 weeks of pay stubs, proof of the receipt of unemployment benefits, or documentation (Dr affidavit or SSDI status) that you are unable to work.
If PP is as altruistic and beneficial as many of you like to claim, why do they charge illegals and jobless HS and college women full price for services?
Proof of legal status to be in the US is required, I said already said that. They charge illegals because they don't provide services to that population. They do treat college women and the jobless for free if they have no income. let's try this again:
Quote:
Proof of Income: Pay stubs from the previous 30 days. If you are 17 years of age or younger, you do not need to report parents' income. Patients receiving unemployment benefits or making less than $500 per month need to provide an explanation of how they are meeting their needs.
https://www.plannedparenthood.org/pl...l-annual-exams

Old 10-01-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Proof of legal status to be in the US is required, I said already said that. They charge illegals because they don't provide services to that population. They do treat college women and the jobless for free if they have no income.
No, they do not treat college women and the jobless for free if they have no income unless they provide the required documentation, and i have DIRECT experience with that.

Old 10-01-2015, 12:07 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
No, they do not treat college women and the jobless for free if they have no income unless they provide the required documentation, and i have DIRECT experience with that.
Perhaps it is lies. The website stats the exact opposite.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Perhaps the people working in the clinic you went to gave you bad information, or maybe the requirements have changed over time, but rather than just continuing to say I'm wrong when I provide verifiable data from reliable sources - why not just pick up the phone and call a few clinics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies