Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 08:44 AM

89,642 posts, read 45,254,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I went to Planned Parenthood in college to obtain birth control. I have no memory of what it cost or how I paid for it.
I went to a public health clinic in college to obtain birth control for free because PP would have charged me full price even though at the time I had no job and no income and couldn't provide any of the documentation required for free/sliding fee scale services.

According to their own website, they only offer free/sliding fee scale services if you provide proof of no/low income by: 4 weeks of pay stubs, proof of the receipt of unemployment benefits, or documentation (Dr affidavit or SSDI status) that you are unable to work.

Illegals working for cash and high school and college women typically can't meet any of those requirements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You are mistaken. As has already been stated in this thread, many of the clinics on the link that YOU offered do not provide women's health services.
They don't treat women? Really? You expect us to believe that? /SMH

Old 09-30-2015, 08:49 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,992,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No, the objective is to stop using federal money for legal abortions.
Then you accomplished your mission long ago.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
OMG, did you not read what I said? I EVEN LINKED THAT IN MY POST . I said that you will notice that it lists things that are not health centers. Such as dental offices, walmarts, drug stores, and middle schools. Are you trying to tell me that a drug store is a fully qualified health center?
You are aware that there are clinics in CVS stores and even in some grocery stores, no? Their practitioners write prescriptions just like those in any other clinic. Exclude the dental clinics, and any of the other HRSA-referred health centers are fully capable of providing women's health and contraceptive services.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Something else that bears mentioning is that no one is talking about defunding women's health clinics.

The money that goes to PP would simply go to more suitable healthcare providers.
Exactly.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:52 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,992,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They don't treat women? Really? You expect us to believe that? /SMH
There's a difference between treating women for any ailment and providing reproductive health services.

I don't go to the dentist for pap smears. I don't know anyone that does. And yet your list includes dentists. And your argument is that since dentists treat women, there is no need for Planned Parenthood?

Old 09-30-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Abortion isn`t the issue.

The issue is the commercialization of abortion and the state's role in supporting a brand of abortion provider.
Exactly!

IF some people think PP is so necessary, then PP supporters can step in and put their money where their mouths are. Step up to the plate, donate, and fund PP via a private foundation. I'm pretty sure all the limousine liberals would support the cause. Regular everyday liberals should, too, if they so strongly believe PP is necessary.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:58 AM

35,852 posts, read 21,247,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No, the objective is to stop using federal money for legal abortions.

there is No such thing! some states under very tight parameters like rape may use Medicaid- not PP!!

Old 09-30-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Most colleges have comprehensive student health centers that can take care of most of the health issues college students deal with.
They do now. And having put 2 daughters through college, that's a GOOD thing. But they didn't back in the early '80s when I was in college. Like I said, I went to a public health clinic because PP would have charged me full price.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:01 AM

35,852 posts, read 21,247,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You are aware that there are clinics in CVS stores and even in some grocery stores, no? Their practitioners write prescriptions just like those in any other clinic. Exclude the dental clinics, and any of the other HRSA-referred health centers are fully capable of providing women's health and contraceptive services.
you got to be kidding--

OY on isle 7 - practitioner for pap smear
these people are very LIMITED- maybe antibiotics for your ear infection --do you KNOW what women's health means?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies