Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 09:03 AM

89,327 posts, read 45,076,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There's a difference between treating women for any ailment and providing reproductive health services.

I don't go to the dentist for pap smears. I don't know anyone that does. And yet your list includes dentists.
I said exclude the dentists (there aren't that many), and any of the other clinics are fully capable of providing women's health services. Do you really think pediatricians have never provided contraceptive services? They see patients up to age 18.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
you got to be kidding--
No, I am not. I've even used one myself when I moved and needed a new script before I had established a relationship with a local Drs office.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:11 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,254,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They don't treat women? Really? You expect us to believe that? /SMH
Sure they do, for the flu, or a broken finger, or other general medical issue. Most of them are not gynecologists though. You don't go to a GP for a gynecology appointment.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:13 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,254,176 times
Quote:
You are aware that there are clinics in CVS stores and even in some grocery stores, no? Their practitioners write prescriptions just like those in any other clinic. Exclude the dental clinics, and any of the other HRSA-referred health centers are fully capable of providing women's health and contraceptive services.
CVS clinics, and grocery stores don't do pap smears.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:16 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,396,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Even if there is a resource in the vicinity how do you suppose those clinics, doctors offices, hospitals will accomodate a few hundred thousand patients when PP closes. We have a system that works quite well but the GOP needs to inconvenience low income women and make it as difficult as possible because they don't like PP, so they developed a solution in search of a problem.

Pull PP's funding and abortions will still continue and more than likely there will be less women getting contraception and other health services.
If you can't afford a box of rubbers, you should not be having sex.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:17 AM

35,786 posts, read 21,170,132 times
Quote:
No, I am not. I've even used one myself when I moved and needed a new script before I had established a relationship with a local Drs office.

well I would imagine in different states and "locals" they may only that have to work with as Wal-Mart as well wants to have a health clinics. Here that is a very limited function, I did get my flu shot at the grocers-- but you said FILLED a script- already established. I went to the 24 hr. injury- clinics for that too, before insurance kicked in, again limited, they cannot tell me I may have a cyst in my ovaries!

17,273 posts, read 9,595,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The fact that these people don't even know that is staggering yet they purport themselves to be experts on clinics & women's health. Pathetic keyboard commandos.

Quote:
Sure they do, for the flu, or a broken finger, or other general medical issue. Most of them are not gynecologists though. You don't go to a GP for a gynecology appointment.
You do realize that NPs, pediatricians, and family practitioners can all provide those same services, no?

Old 09-30-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Says who? They do strep swabs, urine tests, etc.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:21 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,954,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
If you can't afford a box of rubbers, you should not be having sex.
And only sexually active women should seek out reproductive healthcare. Because your uterus and ovaries magically disappear when you aren't sexually active.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies