Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 05:04 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Are schools not in "gun free" zones? He did not attack a police station.

Of course they are, so lets Pass another Gun Law that covers the existing Gun Laws, and the Law against Murders, all of which where ignored. Maybe a New Law will work and Criminals will obey that one.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:08 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No he isn't, do you even understand what you said? Something is seriously wrong with the fabric of America. Changing or adding more gun laws isn't going to do a single thing to address the problem - not one single thing. It's obvious you and the other anti gun nuts don't really want to solve the problem, you just want any excuse to ban guns. That's always your first, last and constant "solution". How exactly do you think more gun laws is going to stop or change someone who wants to kill other people? Do you really believe that they're just going to say "oh well, I'll paint a picture instead of killing a dozen random people now" if you did manage to ban guns?
Your answer is predictable. There is no point is copying the same old recycled pro-gun slogans.

Other countries similar to America don't have mass shootings on a regular basis.

We have a violent country where so called normal folks like the republicans clamor the death penalty. Just check the thread in this forum.

It is much harder to kill lots of people without automatic weapons.

Why not prohibit all automatic guns and only legalize muskets that have to be reloaded manually?

This is a violent country!

Old 10-01-2015, 05:08 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I am so angry at killers who decide to take innocent lives, people just going to school trying to better their lives. There are evil, irredeemable, despicable people in this world and always will be.
I consider the people that keep disarming these citizens, who are being killed because they can't defend themselves, just as bad as the shooters. They are the "enablers."

Old 10-01-2015, 05:10 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
And gun control won't solve a thing. It will make things a pain and hassle for law abiding citizens while the criminals still illegal get the guns.
Repeat, memorize, repeat, rinse, memorize, repeat.

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
THIS. All the people on this thread who are saying it's not guns that are the problem, it's the mentally ill--no, it's the fact that guns are so prevalent in our society that it's easy for the mentally ill to get their hands on them.

There are mentally ill in other first world countries, but there are no routine mass shootings in those other first world countries. What is the difference? The easy availability of guns.
Guns are easily available in nearly every first world country.

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:

In almost every case, the persons were improperly
diagnosed, improperly treated, ignored, not incarcerated for their previous
domestic and criminal acts, or treated with large doses of psychotropic drugs
which have been consistently proven to exacerbate psychotic behavioral episodes
In fact, most of the drugs used to treat the perpetrators prior to their mass
murder episodes are now required to explicitly reveal on their labeling that
they may cause an “increase in psychotic behavior”.
Not mine.. but true this

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Never let a good tragedy go to waste. Obama keeps harping on gun control, when that is not the issue. How many guns did Tim McVeigh use or Terry Nicols? Not one. Yet they committed one of the worst domestic terrorism events in the history of this country. Sooner or later, the loons that are committing these crimes against humanity are going to figure out that it is cheaper and has more potential to kill than any firearm to build either a bomb or chemical gas. When they figure that out, you will see death wholesale. We need to address mental illness in this country and until we do, we can expect more mass killings irrespective of what device is available to the killers.
Stupid argument. Why would they go to all the trouble of building a bomb when they can easily get a few guns to do the job? For every instance of domestic terrorism there are dozens and dozens of mass shootings. But yeah, let's focus on what isn't happening routinely every few weeks and focus on something that happens once every few decades.

Anything to keep from having the conversation about gun violence.

8,276 posts, read 11,921,420 times
Quote:
THIS. All the people on this thread who are saying it's not guns that are the problem, it's the mentally ill--no, it's the fact that guns are so prevalent in our society that it's easy for the mentally ill to get their hands on them.

There are mentally ill in other first world countries, but there are no routine mass shootings in those other first world countries. What is the difference? The easy availability of guns.
Amen. Succinct, and to-the-point.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:11 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:

Well said, there are other countries with gun free zones, there are actually gun free countries and they also have mentally ill individuals, the one thing that sets us apart is the amount of guns and their easy availability. No country has mass shootings like this.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:11 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
We are the only so called Civilized country in the world with mass shootings on a regular basis. Something is seriously wrong with the fabric of America. I dislike Obama, but he is right on this one.
I agree with this..and It's shown in the STATS IF ANYONE wishes to just google how Gun regulations has made a difference??..Austrialia..and yes..even Canada..OF course..it can't and won't stop ALL..but it should and has been proven so..IT does decrease exponentially the lose of innocent lives...But no one will ever convince hater's of any liberal Whitehouse....but BTW..There has been a particular HATE pointed at your POTUS since even before he ever took oath of office..so NOTHING stated actually shocks me anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
He is speaking even before all details are out on Oregon attack on school.

What a guy, I'm shutting up before I get into trouble
There has already been posting links to this killer..He posted what his plans were..and YES..Many applauded him..encouraged him..although some actually suggested..he shouldn't do it because he is WHITE and would be used against them....But the whole point is..nothing could have been done..other than the fact in his own postings..he felt IF he doesn't do this ( whoa/famous and got his applause and kudos online last evening)..his parent's would kill him..so why not go out "SUICIDE BY COP" scenario.!!

Point to discuss..why couldn't his parent's actually do something?? report his wishes to inflict violence in society......

AS for you blaming POTUS for saying anything..Man..you must be living under some rock..He has to do this same thing monthly..MASS shooting of innocents..and it may NOT matter to you that 13 young adults died by going to class to get educated for betterments..BUT HE DOES!! You NOT so much it appears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
You and I posted simultaneously. You said it better~

But what really pissed me off was his parting comment. "I can't do it alone"

Not that I want it to happen, he already bypasses congress on whatever he wants Obama Vows to Bypass Congress and Rule by Decree

Who the Hell elected him King?
Executive Orders are LEGAL...It's not an King's declarations..Puleeze get off your rhetorical pedestal....ALL Presidents have done the very same thing..so get real!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ecutive_orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
We need more Americans and politicians speaking up about this issue and we need to do it now. Why do we need to keep our heads in the sand pretending like nothing is wrong?
I hate to say this..but the majority of the whole Country really do want comment sense changes..HOWEVER..it's those bought and paid for Politicians who BOW to their lobbyists and donators ..they truly listen to..IF The voter's actually counted..then it would be a completely different story....However..I've heard over and over again from folks post mass murderings..the victim's parents NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD EVER HAPPEN TO THEM..so NOW realize..controls are necessary?? Little to late..they lost their child!! It might take many more years when those actually making laws get affected..may think differently??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies