Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 01:23 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Sorry Wipper - you are too late. Oregon ALREADY HAS such a law. In Oregon ALL transfers have to go through a FFL, which of course adds unnecessary cost to the price of the gun. You can't transfer between friends, not sure about immediate family unless you do a BGC in OR.

I realize the latest whack probably bought his guns before the law took effect. But - hey guess what. It doesn't do any good. There are millions of guns that people can buy on the black market. Having these laws that add unnecessary burdens on law abiding people won't stop crime at all.

Look at Australia. The govt confiscated everyone's guns, and crime rose like 70%.

Thugs WANT us to lose our gun rights. They will RULE the day then.
You aren't telling me anything I don't already know.... The point is that we have no gun laws in this country when it's so easy to circumvent the ones we do have.

It's time both sides start being honest.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:32 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Seriously - you guys think that Australia has an answer - watch this video then get back to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=OyS3CEIbpJo

Old 10-02-2015, 01:32 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
So the mentally ill should be deprived of their second amendment rights? What classifications of mental illness should be denied gun ownership?
Next on the right-wing agenda: arming children

Don't scoff.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:40 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Next on the right-wing agenda: arming children

Don't scoff.
rubbish.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:41 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
$500.00 says he's Muslim regardless of the story your hearing. Why would he ask someone if they were Christian then shot them in the head if they said yes and legs if they said no..

I call B.S. on the story.
You may be right, are we ever told the actual real facts. Who knows, all I know is all the gun rules in the world, will not stop criminals from being who they are. Killers who do not care or value human life.

I know going thru 2 family members who were murdered, and one ran over by a bus. I have had my share of sorrow. The scumbag who killed one of my family members told us to our faces. As if him murdering my family member was not bad enough. That when a criminal wants to do harm, they will with or without a gun. And he also told us how very easy it is to get guns. Told us he would have used his fists, hands, strangled, a knife, a hammer, you get the picture of what this scumbag was implying.

Every gun owner who owns a guns plus my own family, have never ever had bad intentions of using the gun for anything but protection of family and home. After innocent family members of mine were killed for no reason, you bet your ass, we own guns, and if put in the spot where we have to use them we will.

Gang members would laugh at any gun law, they are gang members for a reason.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:45 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
CJ is right, criminals will find a way to kill without a gun. heck if i wanted to commit mass murder, i certainly would not use a firearm, when a truck bomb is not only more efficient, but it has the added benefit of putting a lot more people ill at ease wondering when the next one will go off, and it can take down buildings at the same time when placed properly.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:45 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
The UK is the size of an American state. Totally different cultures and histories. You Liberal fools are obsessed with this idea of turning the US into countries smaller than some American states. Have you no common sense?

What works for the UK WILL NOT work for the US. Should we have cops with no guns like they have in the UK?
The UK has 63 million people, that's the population of CA and TX combined, but if you're still not satisfied, Western Europe (400 million) also has a fraction of the gun homicides we do.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:48 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Quote:
The UK has 63 million people, that's the population of CA and TX combined, but if you're still not satisfied, Western Europe (400 million) also has a fraction of the gun homicides we do.
Yeah, well that's about to end now that the muslim hoarde has infested Europe. And they are coming here. So no, I won't be giving up my guns. I have a suspicion we are gonna need 'em in not too many years.

Old 10-02-2015, 01:51 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
No ...... "civilized" Europeans wait until an ideologue gives vent to their silent resentments, then participate in organized murder on a greater scale, and it has happened as recently as 1990 (Bosnia). A disturbing possible parallel to the rise of "progressive" group-think on this side of the Atlantic.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:03 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If they didn't have easy access to guns, they couldn't act on that inspiration.
Sure, and if they didn't have easy access to hammers
no one would ever figure out how to pound in a nail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies