Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2015, 05:33 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

I own- but not obsessed- think those that are-- are either mentally OFF or full of fear - the ones OFF- commit these atrocities and the others really back them- indirectly- but they do - read the chat that was posted- how he was edged on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 05:42 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Nothing. Not a damn thing. [/b]

The NSA was able to read the serial numbers off your guns to see if they were legal or not.

Or

Moisture might of seeped into your gun vault and may cause future jamming. Definitely don't want that to happen.

Or

Spiders or any kind of insects may have overtaken your gun vault and may have bored through your wood stocks on your guns, if you don't have synthetic stocks.

Or

A feline might of urinated on the guns, which will lead to rusting and jamming of the guns.

I can go on forever on why it's never safe to leave a gun vault open.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt _farmer View Post
I always thought it was: Guns don't kill people; people with guns kill people.

Am I wrong?

No.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
This is where you are wrong, I want this entire country to deal with the fact that we have a mental health issue that is deadly. The problem is, we have too many people that like to play politics with this issue or make stupid posts about how their guns didn't kill anyone, therefore there must not be a problem.

When will Americans and politicians deal with this very real problem rather than putting our heads in the sand and pretending like nothing is wrong? I am tired of waiting for others to realize we need to do something now.

You are correct! So deal with that issue instead of trying implement yet MORE legislation and restrictions on law abiding citizens because some loon decides to go off of his meds and shoot up a public place!

Old 10-02-2015, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
What I find to be disgusting is the anti gun coalition ignoring the cause of the problem and instead attacking legitimate gun owners after every tragedy...

This!

Old 10-02-2015, 06:12 AM

1,268 posts, read 798,453 times
The only reason someone with a gun would fear more strict gun regulations is because they are afraid they will not meet the criteria. No your gun alone will not kill anyone; however, a gun in the hands of someone with mental illness or defect, or psychological problems will. Why are you afraid of any regulation to judge your mental fitness and skill to operate a weapon?

If your house was on fire, would your first instinct be to add an accelerant to the flames? "Hey, Bubba. You know what we need to fight this here fire---more gas."

It is almost comical that some people are this ignorant. Of course, it is not comical because we lead the world in gun deaths and suffer some mass shooting almost on a tri-monthly routine. Condolences to the family, friends, and community in Oregon; however, I fear you will not be the last.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:21 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Well, this forum returned quickly to making jokes about guns. I'm sure the families of the 10 people murdered yesterday feel a lot better now, knowing that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." Good work, guys.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:28 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
nm

Old 10-02-2015, 06:32 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Which is all we get from Republicans and conservatives that pretend like there is nothing that can be done about this as it becomes more and more frequent. I wonder how many more people have to die before they consider it to be an issue....
1. The problem is not guns, it is mental illness and criminals.

2. Law abiding, sane citizens do not go around killing one another.

3. The causes for increased violence are:
a. violent media and culture celebrated on film and in video games
b. breakdown of the two parent family
c. lack of religious indoctrination
d. rise of the drug culture
e. religions that promote violence (Islam)
f. "mainstreaming" the mentally ill

4. The cities with the highest murder rates are in "gun free zones"

5. Criminals will still get guns with restrictions. Criminals prefer stolen guns, as the serial numbers are not traced to them. This is why there is a market for illegally imported guns.

6. Gun ownership in the US is lower than in the past, per capita. What has changed? Society norms and morals.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:47 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
People with easy access to guns kills people.
Umm no, they don't.

There are millions of responsible gun owners who don't go on killing sprees every day.

Funny how the left rails against judging all people in a group by the actions of a few extremists.......except when the group is gun owners.

Then all of a sudden it's fine to label them all "gun nuts" and potential domestic terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies