Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 09:15 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times

Advertisements

Campbells Soup Ad Shows Gay Dads Playing Darth Vader

I saw this last night watching one of my shows on DVR.

This is my op.

I don't care how you want to sell soup. I don't care if you want to show the changing faces of families.

You are selling soup, if you want to have political causes and or statements campbell's soup expect some issues from some of your customers. If you in the business of promoting whatever social change expect some "family groups".

Will I not Buy Campbells soup now? I will buy whatever soup I want and I don't care for the companies politics. I will buy soup and when I am buying soup I have many options and progresso, lipton etc etc . Maybe they just need to show their soup, you know the thing they are selling. But, what is campbell's selling in this ad?

In order for campbells to sell this soup they needed starwars and 2 gay dads. Interesting the soup is that BAD.
If they were really willing to go all out on this AD. Make the campbells soup CAN rainbow colored darth vader. They can upset starwars fans :-) and family groups at the same time.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:19 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,721,841 times
How is showing a gay couple in a commercial a political cause or a promotion of social change? When there are straight families on a commercial it isn't political. Some people need to stop being such babies about gay people.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:51 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
How is showing a gay couple in a commercial a political cause or a promotion of social change? When there are straight families on a commercial it isn't political. Some people need to stop being such babies about gay people.

All gay and general "non trad" families are about social change and we have states and constitutional amendments being proposed over "man vs woman" which is just stupid the government needs to be involved in that. Everyone is going to complain though if you are a man and have 5 wives its interesting to see who complains about that.

Maybe campbell's should have did a AD with the guy who has 5 wives and all his children from different women you would still get the same complaints even though its "straight" relationships.

ITS Fing Soup. Stop defining what a family is over soup. If campbells is stupid enough to promote the 2 gay dads I expect some soup sells decline. Which is why when you are a company you should be selling your product, and that product is soup not 2 dads because that is what that is about.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
I just watched it on YouTube and thought it was kind of funny.

Personally, I don't see a problem.

Edit: Here it is BTW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rZOMY2sOnE

Old 10-14-2015, 10:00 AM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
advertisers use to use big production tap dancing show girls.. I like this one better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY2VAIIQAj4

Old 10-14-2015, 10:04 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

This is my op.

I don't care how you want to sell soup. I don't care if you want to show the changing faces of families.

You are selling soup, if you want to have political causes and or statements campbell's soup expect some issues from some of your customers. If you in the business of promoting whatever social change expect some "family groups".

Will I not Buy Campbells soup now? I will buy whatever soup I want and I don't care for the companies politics. I will buy soup and when I am buying soup I have many options and progresso, lipton etc etc . Maybe they just need to show their soup, you know the thing they are selling. But, what is campbell's selling in this ad?

In order for campbells to sell this soup they needed starwars and 2 gay dads. Interesting the soup is that BAD.
If they were really willing to go all out on this AD. Make the campbells soup CAN rainbow colored darth vader. They can upset starwars fans :-) and family groups at the same time.
Yawn.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:05 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,314,221 times
Gay people eat soup too.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:06 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,233,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

This is my op.

They weren't showing their noodles were they? Egads.....

Old 10-14-2015, 10:08 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,506,355 times
Everything on TV can be spun as political. Perhaps you should just stopping watching it? Stop listening to music too. Looking at magazines.. reading books. Outlaw everything non-traditional in your mind.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:09 AM

19,846 posts, read 12,116,680 times
People still watch commercials?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies