Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 01:35 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Or maybe they just dont believe in abortion, why do you assume they just want more money ????
Because I live in reality.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:41 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
[quote=green_mariner;41438222]Poverty can play a role. Parents play a big role too. Parents need to be there for their children. It takes two. It takes a strong family to help a child. It takes a village indeed. That village cannot function without a strong family base. And it starts with father and mother.

This thread talks about biracial kids being born to Black men out of wedlock. All the blame is going to the man. What about the woman? She picked that man. She slept with than man. She could have said no. That woman has some responsibility.

When I look at some of those women, I look at the men they picked. Those men don't resemble Dr. Ben Carson, Dr. Cornell West, Tavis Smiley, Ken Griffey Jr, Michael Jordan, Denzel Washington, Robert Griffin III, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, etc. Those men don't even resemble regular joe. Alot of those men resemble hood rat types. I was told "sleep with a dog, you get fleas".

There is another point to touch. If said women are going for the hood rat segment of the Black population, then who is to say those same women won't sleep with the trash within the White male population. Watch The Maury Show and this will be seen.

One more point. If these women are picking crappy men of any race, then what does it say about those women?[/quote]

Low self esteem? That they couldn't (or thought they couldn't or were told they couldn't) attract anyone better? Re-think my late grandmother's comment.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:42 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,779,194 times
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/360990/undefined

Seems as if it might be a cultural thing.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:50 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
[MOD CUT/trolling]

No race is immune from having having problems with kids, whether they are born out of wedlock or not.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-08-2015 at 05:31 PM..

Old 10-04-2015, 02:16 PM

73,019 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
I agree - the majority is ghetto guys with white trash girls. Neither with any ambition. If she wasn't in that situation with a black dude, it would be the same story with some white trash white guy.

Without cutting off all support and encouragement for this type of behavior, the cycle simply continues.
FWIW, I am a Black man and my views have changed alot since high school. Understand that I went to a high school with some big racial issues. I often looked at the White females who dated Black guys as being cool. Having gone to college, graduated, and seen a higher caliber of persons, some things have changed.

If the opportunity ever presents itself where I would date outside of my race, I would definitely take that opportunity. That said, the women we're speaking of are women I would never date. I don't do trashy women of any race. And when I think about some of the women I thought about dating, sometimes I think it's a blessing that I turned away. Alot of those women were trashy types.

The dynamic behind those children being born out of wedlock is that of trash.

Better yet, I will give you examples of biracial/multiracial people born to Black fathers, and they went on to do good things.

Derek Jeter. Black father, White mother. Both parents met in the military, both married before having their children. The father, Dr. Jeter, a substance abuse counselor. I would say the Jeters did a good job.

Tiger Woods. Say what you will about his serial cheating. However, I don't see him producing out of wedlock children. His father is Black, his mother is Thai. His father, like Jeter's father, served in the military.

I can find more. However, the point is this. The women obviously had the sense to pick decent men who would be there for their children.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:21 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
From the study:

Quote:
10% of the mothers married the father of their child even though at the time of the study 100% of
the women were single and unmarried
meaning that the marriages that did result did not last and
ended in divorce, thus leaving the complete population single mothers.
100 percent of the women from the study who had children with Black men ended up single and alone. Obviously, there are some non-Black women who marry Black men and don't get divorced, so there is some statistical error, but what the study demonstrates is that non-Black women who have children with Black men are extremely unlikely to be married. This is something that any woman should consider before having a relationship with a Black man.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:23 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The greatest predictor of success in our children is - socioeconomic status of their parents. IF one grows up poor, one is most likely to stay poor and/or commit crime.

Poverty matters.

You are much more likely to be in poverty if you have only one parent. Bastardization is our number one problem.

https://www.heartland.org/policy-doc...-child-poverty

From that link:

Quote:
Children born out of wedlock to never-married women live in poverty 51 percent of the time. By contrast, children born within a marriage that remains intact are poor 7 percent of the time. Thus, the absence of marriage increases the frequency of child poverty 700 percent. However, marriage after an illegitimate birth is effective, cutting the child poverty rate in half.

[MOD CUT/copyright]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-08-2015 at 05:51 PM..

Old 10-04-2015, 02:35 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Black men have a terrible track record of being an absent dad and have multiple women who have children. Some black men see it as normal to have a wife and other women who have children by them. Women deserve better.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:12 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
More from the study:

Quote:
Is the father active in the child’s life?
NO YES
Caucasian 97% 3%
Asian 88% 12%
Hispanic 85% 15%
On average, 90 percent of bi-racial children with a Black parent have no father in their lives. It's almost 100 percent for bi-racial children with White mothers.

Quote:
Does your child have a good relationship with their father?
NO YES
Caucasian 94% 6%
Asian 89% 11%
Hispanic 98% 2%

Some of the women who had their child out of wedlock and didn’t marry
the father subsequent, relayed that the father of their child didn’t even know the child’s name and
proper spelling, the child’s birthday, or even the child’s age.
94 percent of bi-racial children with a Black father don't have a good relationship with their father.

Quote:
Does the father of your children support financially?
NO YES
Caucasian 98% 2%
Asian 81% 19%
Hispanic 86% 14%
88 percent of Black men who have children with non-Black women don't pay child support.

All of this information defeats the argument that Black men might not marry the mother of their children, but still are a part of their children's lives. They aren't. Black men overwhelmingly don't support their children emotionally or financially.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:13 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
In a Christian, biblical world view, being born out of wedlock is a problem because .... ? why again?
Because in a "Christian, biblical world view" marriage between man and woman is an important union ( and it's stressed in the Bible on numerous occasions.) Therefore a woman who gives birth out of wedlock challenges the institution of Christian marriage, if not to say destroys it.
There is more to the children born out of wedlock than meets the eye I suppose because of this particular verse;

Deutronomy 23:2

“No one born of a forbidden union may enter the assembly of the Lord. Even to the tenth generation, none of his descendants may enter the assembly of the Lord."

So yes, children born out of wedlock are definitely a problem ( according to a bible at least.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies