Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 06:24 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,429,747 times

Advertisements

The TV tells us to hate their president. In reality more people hate our president then theirs. I mean we are not doing so hot in the leadership department.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 06:27 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
I don't throw stones are Russia, they are just as corrupt and screwed-up as Murrrca.

I love the brainwashed Jingoists who love to shout about how corrupt and evvvvulllll Russia and China are, LOL!

Old 09-19-2015, 06:42 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
It's invasions or economic failures? Which are you talking about?
Or the hundreds of millions dead under communism?
Which direction are you going?

Old 09-19-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
It's invasions or economic failures? Which are you talking about?
Or the hundreds of millions dead under communism?
Which direction are you going?
Presentation it's all about presentation !

US involves in wars as often as Russia. You can google Russia wars and US wars. Every 10 years each country is involved in some war on another.

Between WW1 and WW2 allot of people dies, not just in Russia but in Europe as well. I am sure you have seen movies about starvation in Europe around 100 years ago.

Russian economy is Consumer based much like US. They sell natural resources, timber, oil stones and metals. I agree with you that it is fair to criticize them for not producing much. I mean the state of California while in a drought has grater Gross Domestic product then Russia !

Old 09-19-2015, 07:22 PM

624 posts, read 1,072,402 times
Think of it this way. US is a superpower. Super power means no one can mess with the US even if US is in wrong (like invading Iraq, changing governments around the world at will, etc...).

Russia decided to mess with US plans and became bad as a result. If Russian president were corrupt and let the US corporations have at it's natural resources, for a fraction of market value, then Russia would be a good country.

In short, any country where a leader tries to better the life of it's people becomes a dictator who must be toppled if that country has resources that are useful for a super power. Nothing personal, just business.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:33 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
Only Bots hate Russians at the moment.

Old 09-19-2015, 08:27 PM

7,782 posts, read 6,396,341 times
Putin would restore the Soviet Union, that is worthy of a few stones being thrown.

Obama isn't better, he is just different.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:30 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
The TV tells us to hate their president. In reality more people hate our president then theirs. I mean we are not doing so hot in the leadership department.
TV doesn't "tell you" to do anything. At least it didn't tell ME anything. You are probably confusing us with North Korea.
Putin on the other hand, is a mafia don (not unlike Al Capone), who happens to lead a country.
For example, he supports Assad who committed the worst atrocities in recent history against his people.
Americans hate our POTUS? In this country it is allowed and free of charge. But unlike Putin, Obama will leave office in 2016. Do you have any idea about Putin's manipulations not to leave office?

Old 09-19-2015, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
TV doesn't "tell you" to do anything. At least it didn't tell ME anything. You are probably confusing us with North Korea.
Putin on the other hand, is a mafia don (not unlike Al Capone), who happens to lead a country.
For example, he supports Assad who committed the worst atrocities in recent history against his people.
Americans hate our POTUS? In this country it is allowed and free of charge. But unlike Putin, Obama will leave office in 2016. Do you have any idea about Putin's manipulations not to leave office?
actually the opposite is true. When you lead the country like that, well traditionally assets mix. You command the countries assets for the rest of your life.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:39 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,052,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Do you know anything about Russia? Jesus christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies