Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 09:43 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,305,558 times

Advertisements

I am retired on disability. My wrists, feet, and several other joints are devastated by Arthritis. I cannot run. Physically defending my self is impossible. Because of that, to protect my family, possessions, and me, I own a gun.

I am tired of people trying to take my only means of self-defense. Criminals will not abide by any laws. Most of the people killing other people are not licensed gun owners. I have had training, passed numerous background checks, and stayed out of jail. Why should another jerks lawlessness impede my ability to save myself?

Old 10-30-2015, 10:50 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I am retired on disability. My wrists, feet, and several other joints are devastated by Arthritis. I cannot run. Physically defending my self is impossible. Because of that, to protect my family, possessions, and me, I own a gun.

I am tired of people trying to take my only means of self-defense. Criminals will not abide by any laws. Most of the people killing other people are not licensed gun owners. I have had training, passed numerous background checks, and stayed out of jail. Why should another jerks lawlessness impede my ability to save myself?
So you own a gun, but you're saying people are trying to take it away. Yet, you have possession of it. Which means no one took it away. In other words, you're simply buying into the paranoia of the NRA & cons. Congratulations on not thinking for yourself, not letting facts get in the way & for being easily brainwashed!

Old 10-30-2015, 10:56 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So you own a gun, but you're saying people are trying to take it away. Yet, you have possession of it. Which means no one took it away. In other words, you're simply buying into the paranoia of the NRA & cons. Congratulations on not thinking for yourself, not letting facts get in the way & for being easily brainwashed!
So your argument is not to worry about anything because the other side isn't successful yet.

I bet you are just as understanding when conservatives want to ban abortions.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:12 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Just because he thinks they want to take his gun, doesn't mean that they don't want to take his gun.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:10 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
If they don't want to take his guns why don't the extremist anti Amertican liberal gun haters just shut up and go away?

Yes they DO want our guns. Hillary just said she will pull Obama type Exec Orders. She and her phillandering husband already disrupted american lives with their illegal assault weapon ban in the 80's.

Anyone promoting any infringement of the right to bear arms is an enemy of freedom.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:12 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Talk about being brainwashed, or are you just lying? Do you understand the difference between "trying" and succeeding?

If I could’ve gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them — Mr. and Mrs. America turn ‘em all in — I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here. - Senator Feinstein (D)

But no one is trying to take guns away, right? No one except most liberals.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:17 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Talk about being brainwashed, or are you just lying? Do you understand the difference between "trying" and succeeding?

If I could’ve gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them — Mr. and Mrs. America turn ‘em all in — I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here. - Senator Feinstein (D)

But no one is trying to take guns away, right? No one except most liberals.
Just like anti gun democrat newsome in California is trying to confiscate legally owned magazines over 10 rounds. The anti gun legislator isn't anti gun enough for him apparently.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:20 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,096 times
Quote:
The same perception exists for those on the left who are constantly yammering on about their right to an abortion being encroached on. Buying into the paranoia of NOW and the progressive left? Thinking for yourselves? Brainwashed?

Old 10-30-2015, 01:22 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post

How are you able to hold and shoot a gun if you are suffering from disabling arthritis?

Who is trying to take your gun away? Where do you live that you feel the need to carry a gun to protect yourself? Are there lots of home invasions in your area? Street robberies, kidnappings? I'm curious if there are real threats to your life. If so, maybe you can move to a better area???

Old 10-30-2015, 01:28 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
The same perception exists for those on the left who are constantly yammering on about their right to an abortion being encroached on. Buying into the paranoia of NOW and the progressive left? Thinking for yourselves? Brainwashed?
An abortion is between a woman and her doctor and, yes, abortion rights are being encroached on in many jurisdictions. There really is no comparison. If you are a woman and you have an abortion - it has no meaning in my life. You go shoot up a mall or church after drinking one too many and kill someone I love then that will have a huge effect in my life. Best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies