Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 05:36 PM

994 posts, read 1,592,746 times

Advertisements

Maybe I'm just weird but I don't understand why a majority of people act like a job is your life.

No, I don't care if you work 55 hours a week and I don't; please don't expect me to work like a dog simply because you sold your soul to some Sugar-Daddy employer.

No, I don't care if I climb the corporate ladder; ladder climbing can hurt like a ***** when you fall off it (especially if you're on the top or near it).

No, I don't care about the workplace politics. I don't care about what drama the CEO had this week at the meeting...and no, I don't care whether he hates my guts or not.

No, I don't care if everyone else at the company hates me as well. **** them. Most of them are complete morons anyways.

No, I don't care our stock goes to hell. Most stocks nowadays aren't worth toilet paper. I've always lived the cheap life so it's just a breather if you lay me off due to the economy collapsing (as it does every other year).

No, I don't care about all the 'employee empowerment' and 'team building' exercises you try to put me through. Everyone knows it's brainwashing. And take down those Motivational posters too before I throw **** at them.

No, I don't care if I am working the same job 5 - 10 years in a row. If I am happy where I am at, there's no need for me to stress out.

No, I don't care if you think my workload is too easy or not. WHy should I do your work and someone else's?

No, I don't care that you drive some Honda/BMW/Lexus thing to work. You look like a clown driving it.

No, I don't care that you think I'm not a leader. If you want a leader, go look for Optimus Prime (or Megatron depending on your demeanor.)

No, I don't care that you had a baby and you're bringing pictures and videos of your Hellspawn to work. Do us a favor and jump down the elevator shaft.

No, I don't care if your work clothes are the latest in Yuppie wear. You don't look sophisticated or smart, you look like Dilbert in drag and 100 lbs heavier (and your head reminds me of a Jack O Lantern)

No, I don't care for your wierd music you play in the office. That **** makes me want to hang myself, I'd rather listen to my sister's bunga bunga rap music instead of that.

No, I don't care if you think I say "I don't care if" too many times.

And no, I do NOT care for your Three-Mile-Island biochemical disaster that you call a potluck. If I were an inspector I'd have the building condemned just for THAT.

Live free or Die!

Old 06-29-2012, 05:40 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,842 times
You must have a job to be complaining so much.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:24 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,395,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
You must have a job to be complaining so much.
This is the same poster who says that ALL are entitled to a job and also complains about the need for qualifications for minimum pay jobs. If qualifications, expectations, and not playing into the entitlement mentality keeps me from hiring or working with someone like this, then I am even more supportive of pre-employment screening than I was before.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
This is the same poster who says that ALL are entitled to a job and also complains about the need for qualifications for minimum pay jobs. If qualifications, expectations, and not playing into the entitlement mentality keeps me from hiring or working with someone like this, then I am even more supportive of pre-employment screening than I was before.
You've got me confused with someone else. I have never stated that ALL are entitled to a job because simply that will never be the case. In a working economy there will always be some portion of unemployed individuals. And what classifies minimum pay jobs? Why would I (the unemployed) complain about the need for qualifications for these minimum pay jobs? Wouldn't it be the other way around..?

Old 06-29-2012, 06:59 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Ok. I don't care that you feel that way...and you shouldn't care, either, op...just as long as you don't try to punish everyone else for succeeding.

Because you know, when I hear people say what you're saying, it's usually because they are mad that the people who are trying harder are making them look bad and raising the bar...and lazy people don't like having the bar raised.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:02 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
I also do not mind as long as you are NEVER leeching off successful people via handouts.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:03 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
You've got me confused with someone else. I have never stated that ALL are entitled to a job because simply that will never be the case. In a working economy there will always be some portion of unemployed individuals. And what classifies minimum pay jobs? Why would I (the unemployed) complain about the need for qualifications for these minimum pay jobs? Wouldn't it be the other way around..?
I believe they were referring to the OP, not you.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I believe they were referring to the OP, not you.
Oh! Because I didn't remember saying any of that!

Sorry thebunny. Then in that case I agree.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:29 PM

29,825 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Most stocks aren't worth toilet paper? I never encountered toilet paper that paid quarterly dividends, but I guess I'm just not in the know. Something tells me the OP was actually referring to this thread when making that comparison...

If you don't like the idea of working hard and maybe putting in some extra OT during that week, that's fine. Nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to. So where is the complaint exactly? And I would highly recommend maximizing the 40 hours you plan to spend doing your job to it's full potential.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:32 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post
Maybe I'm just weird but I don't understand why a majority of people act like a job is your life.

I get that part completely. I do work, but it is NOT my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment