Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 09:48 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I believe if there is really a problem, that people don't want to say what the truth is. If there is a problem it can be solved but not through lowering fossil fuels. Lowering fossil fuels would always be the right move but if we stopped burning all fossil fuels today, and every nation stopped, we would still have a problem if there is a problem.
It is nice to see that the human race has, through trial and error, still able to saddle us with human beings who can face facts right in the face. Stare them down and say - with a straight face -

I have faith in my convictions, i do not believe in evidence. Faith is what sustains me. . and my faith tells me that fossil fuels in no way influences the environment.

Nice going. Sad to say it doesn't prove darwin wrong. Idiocy can still have kids

Old 10-20-2015, 01:26 PM

906 posts, read 712,477 times
The sky is falling lol

Old 10-20-2015, 02:06 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
You're preaching to the choir! Humans have a propensity to think they are the "be all and end all" of everything.....including an entire planet's climate! We are too egotistical!

The Earth will do what it will do...until the sun's gravity destroys us.....

Yes...we should be mindful of "dirtying our own nest", but we can no more change our climate than we can affect our orbit around our universe.
Yet we can dump a little plastic into the vast oceans and it somehow sneaks back into the food chain.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:14 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I swear, if another person walks up and starts talking about burning fossil fuels, I may just get slappy.

Fossil fuels this and fossil fuels that, SO MANY MOVIES about the great lie of fossil fuels. I mean, I am just sick of the lies and I can't believe how people will lie right to your face and assume you to believe whatever they say.

It is a non issue.

IF man is causing climate change, and IF we need to do something to save the world, it doesn't have anything to do with fossil fuels.

But IF climate change is about to change the world, why O why would we try and stop it?
Some man-made climate change fan will along with their proof, in the form of a computer model prediction, for just how wrong you.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:16 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Fact: The earth heats periodically.
Fact: The earth cools periodically.

Anything else is pure guesswork.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:20 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
"The climate is changing and it's going to be catastrophic!!"

"What should we do?"

"Raise taxes!"

"Shouldn't people change their lifestyles?"

"No, the only thing that will fix it are more taxes!"

Old 10-20-2015, 02:35 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The climate scam is no different than the church selling indulgences in the Middle Ages.....nothing ever changes folks.
Except now the ones that didn't believe they now do!

Old 10-20-2015, 02:38 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
"The climate is changing and it's going to be catastrophic!!"

"What should we do?"

"Raise taxes!"

"Shouldn't people change their lifestyles?"

"No, the only thing that will fix it are more taxes!"
Wait until someone says, "sex and fun are causing people to over heat the planet"......we will no longer have a climate issue.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:31 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
IF the global warming scientist are correct, then fossil fuels is not the problem.

POPULATION IS the problem.

The agriculture business IS the problem.

People wanting to eat meat IS the problem, IF there is a problem.

If we are to believe the doomsayers that say the oceans will rise, then it ISN"T fossil fuels, it is plowing the whole earth to feed the meat we grow in our insatiable desire for meat.

I AM NOT GOING TO STOP EATING MEAT, but if there is a problem like these scientist claim, it wouldn't matter if we stopped all fossil fuel burnings, UNLESS we outlaw meat on the market, WE ARE ALL DEAD, well a lot of us IF the statistics are true.

IF the statistics are true and the world wants to do something, whining about fossil fuels is not the answer, the answer is in outlawing most agriculture and people need to cut down on eating meat. I wont stop, I will still dress out 20 doe a year, I will still duck hunt and fish. If the change in global climate is due to man, then WHY LIE ABOUT WHAT IS CAUSING IT?

DONT TELL ME TO STOP DRIVING AN SUV, freaking make selling meat illegal and try to make me feel guilty for buying meat at the grocery store, don't be a freaking hypocrite and try and point to fossil fuels, point to agriculture. They aren't destroying the rain forests over burning fossil fuels, they are clearing the land for cattle to raise agriculture and agriculture is the supposed leading cause of green house gases.

What pisses me off is the lying, IF WE ARE LOOKING AT GLOBAL CATASTROPHY, DONT FREAKING LIE ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU GOT PEOPLE IN THE MEAT INDUSTRY IN YOUR POCKET!

Don't bald face lie to me about burning fossil fuels because this IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

POPULATION.

POPULATION IS THE PROBLEM.

DON'T FREAKING LIE TO ME AS IF FOSSIL FUELS IS THE BIGGEST REASON FOR GLOBAL WARMING!

It is that lie that angers me, it is a lie being told because nobody but nobody can go against the beef industry, and our grains are going to feed the 5 billion freaking meat products we will eat, we have to grow grains to feed the meat we eat.

IT IS THE LIE.

IF global warming is really caused by humans, then don't freaking lie about the cause, the cause is population, and we can handle 7 billion people, we just can't handle 7 billion people buying meat at the store.

Don't fly in your jet to tell me about fossil fuels.

STOP FREAKING LYING!

Old 10-20-2015, 06:55 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times
relax-- the glazier in Argentina is growing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies