Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are the dem canidates out of touch?
Yes! 45 73.77%
No! 16 26.23%
Maybe? 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 05:07 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Post WW2, the nation has moved FAR LEFT.

Kennedy would be considered a "right winger" today. The Democrat party is no longer the party of the middle class, but of the far left and a cohesion of "disenfranchised" extremists and dependents of the welfare state.

I would be a "Truman/FDR democrat", but today I am considered to be "right wing".

The nation has gone insane and has become an institution which seeks to expand the population dependent upon federal revenues as its "most coveted" class of citizens. We have clearly become a political system in which votes are exchanged for money. Even a liberal, if they take a step back, must realize that such a system will result in the destruction of the nation (perhaps that is what they seek).

We need a statesman who believes in the US and the concept that the nation was established for liberty and THE CHANCE TO SUCCEED (not the guarantee of success) THROUGH HARD WORK, EDUCTION, AND DEDICATION. Those who seek dependency and the support of the industrious have no place in the US.

Democrats seek to establish the US as a decadent, welfare state, in which the dependent establish the laws and financial benefits at the expense of the industrious. This is the opposite premise upon which the US was established and allowed the development of the most productive economy in the world. Dems seek to lead us back to a "slave state" in which the rich preside over a slave state of lower class dependents.

LOL! I think that line was used in That 70s Show when the dad was unemployed. Except for "education" which is hundreds of thousand of dollars nowadays. We even have FOR PROFIT SCHOOLS, HOSPITALS AND HEALTH INSURANCE!! RIDICULOUS!

Back then people were dedicated to their employers who were often *actual* "small businesses" (with a staff more like 10, not 50+) Such businesses awarded pensions and cared about their employees, for the most part.

How much more proof do you need that Corporate America is destroying the lives of workers? Just look at the numbers. Including the ratio of "worker to CEO" income.

Because of the tax changes and *min wage only* job growth through the 1980s, we have been a "slave state" since at least 1990 to corporations. We ARE SLAVES TO FOR PROFIT ENTITIES which rules almost every area of our lives- colleges, health insurance, hospitals, prisons, pharmaceutical companies, etc. This was NOT the case in the 1960s.

If given the choice with no other options, i would rather be a slave to the government as opposed to Exxon or Aetna, for example. Because Exxon and Aetna, etc would literally let you die to make another buck for their shareholders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 05:19 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Dems cater to the rich fat cat Wall Street bankers to fund them. Then they give out freebies to the 47% that don't pay taxes for their votes. If you are in that above 47% but under 90%, they got nothing for you.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:51 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Neither party represents the middle class.

The Dems represent the top 1% and the bottom 20%.

Republicans represent the top 10%.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:35 PM

444 posts, read 820,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Neither party represents the middle class.

The Dems represent the top 1% and the bottom 20%.

Republicans represent the top 10%.
I've been told that the Republicans represent the top 10% my whole life. Always found it strange because they always came from the poorest states. But right now, it seems like *some* of the Republicans are the only ones fighting for the middle class to have the chance to support it's self. And, are gaining momentum from "blue collar" workers. Particularly regarding the pipeline and not green energy jobs.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:42 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,428,453 times
People have thought of me as a democrat for a long time. I am an extreme center and by extreme I mean that I would repress ultra right wing and ultra left wing Stalin stile !

Old 10-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
They serve the party and expect everyone else to support them in doing so. Both parties have pretty much abandoned their constituents. I think the GOP takes more heat from angry voters, though. Dem voters seem to be more used to getting shafted with empty promises and being taken for granted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
When a flaming "lib" site like VOX says that: things ARE bad for the Dems IMHO.

"The presidency is extremely important, of course. But there are also thousands of critically important offices all the way down the ballot.And the vast majority — 70 percent of state legislatures, more than 60 percent of governors, 55 percent of attorneys general and secretaries of state — are in Republicans hands. And, of course, Republicans control both chambers of Congress. Indeed, even the House infighting reflects, in some ways, the health of the GOP coalition. Republicans are confident they won't lose power in the House and are hungry for a vigorous argument about how best to use the power they have."
which is exactly why Republicans blaming Democrats for anything wrong within this country makes absolutely no sense.

But in the very next thread, Democrats are going to get blamed for everything wrong in America.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Post WW2, the nation has moved FAR LEFT.

Kennedy would be considered a "right winger" today. The Democrat party is no longer the party of the middle class, but of the far left and a cohesion of "disenfranchised" extremists and dependents of the welfare state.

I would be a "Truman/FDR democrat", but today I am considered to be "right wing".

The nation has gone insane and has become an institution which seeks to expand the population dependent upon federal revenues as its "most coveted" class of citizens. We have clearly become a political system in which votes are exchanged for money. Even a liberal, if they take a step back, must realize that such a system will result in the destruction of the nation (perhaps that is what they seek).

We need a statesman who believes in the US and the concept that the nation was established for liberty and THE CHANCE TO SUCCEED (not the guarantee of success) THROUGH HARD WORK, EDUCTION, AND DEDICATION. Those who seek dependency and the support of the industrious have no place in the US.

Democrats seek to establish the US as a decadent, welfare state, in which the dependent establish the laws and financial benefits at the expense of the industrious. This is the opposite premise upon which the US was established and allowed the development of the most productive economy in the world. Dems seek to lead us back to a "slave state" in which the rich preside over a slave state of lower class dependents.
You would consider yourself a Truman/FDR Democrat ???

You mean you do realize a lot of what you call "welfare" Originated from those 2 Democratic Administrations right ?

You would also be supporting the Government using 25% of Revenue on Public/Private Job creation (WPA, CCC, TVA, ).

I have never seen you post a single comment in support of such programs. I havent seen you be pro glass Steagall, I have never seen you be pro NIRA.

FDR may very well be to the left of Bernie Sanders, at least in practice.

FDR is the personification of everything you have claimed to hate about liberals.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:29 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
The Democrats are far from perfect, but thinking, sane, educated, rational Americans realize that they are their only choice, because the other party has been bat sh*t crazy for two decades and are getting worse by the day.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:12 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The Democrats are far from perfect, but thinking, sane, educated, rational Americans realize that they are their only choice, because the other party has been bat sh*t crazy for two decades and are getting worse by the day.
Uh; many of us DON'T agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies