Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 06:33 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,385,367 times

Advertisements

Someone said "abortion is taking responsibility". nonsense.

I am done with this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 07:00 PM

756 posts, read 424,600 times
The problem with this movement is abortion is NOT empowerment or it SHOULDN'T be.
It's a sad, somber decision that should never be celebrated, shouted out or seen as empowerment. That IS sick.

Also, I'm not a pro-lifer but as far as I can tell, most pro-lifers really don't give a crap about wanting to "tell women what to do with their bodies" or make decisions for them or run their lives, they care about the horrible notion of fetuses being killed and how easily it can be done, even in cases when it was two people being careless when having unprotected sex and not ready for the consequences.

Some of these women think it's all about them! The fight and the outrage isn't about wanting to control your bodies, it's wanting a voice for the fetus, the new life that has no voice or say in the matter.
With that said, I believe women SHOULD have a choice, but movements like this will just encourage more irresponsible sex and then some women will feel "empowered" to "shout" about it "because there's no way those
evil GOP bible thumpers are gonna tell ME what to do with my body", when in reality, in many cases, it's someone choosing to have unprotected sex and is unprepared to deal with the consequences and the responsibility.

I said it before and I will say it again. Men, the FATHERS should have say in this too! Maybe they shouldn't get to decide if the mother gets an abortion or not but if two people have unprotected sex, why is that the mother can decide they are not ready to be a parent and extricate themselves from the responsibility but the father cannot?! Maybe fathers should be able to sign a paper saying they will have no contact with the child but they are not financially responsible either. That is not a perfect solution and its open to abuse but as it is now a woman can have unprotected sex, abort the child if she is not ready to be a mother (even if the father wants to keep it) and move on with her life and her plans. A man can get actually get raped (statutory) by an older female and will be LIABLE for child support!! The law is insane! Men have no rights as fathers or they have very little.

As for those railing against the defunding of PP and defending it... I wonder how many are aware the the founder of Planned Parenthood was a virulent racist and eugenicist. Google some of her quotes sometime, they will make you sick.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:25 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
The problem with this movement is abortion is NOT empowerment or it SHOULDN'T be.
It's a sad, somber decision that should never be celebrated, shouted out or seen as empowerment. That IS sick.

Also, I'm not a pro-lifer but as far as I can tell, most pro-lifers really don't give a crap about wanting to "tell women what to do with their bodies" or make decisions for them or run their lives, they care about the horrible notion of fetuses being killed and how easily it can be done, even in cases when it was two people being careless when having unprotected sex and not ready for the consequences.

Some of these women think it's all about them! The fight and the outrage isn't about wanting to control your bodies, it's wanting a voice for the fetus, the new life that has no voice or say in the matter.
With that said, I believe women SHOULD have a choice, but movements like this will just encourage more irresponsible sex and then some women will feel "empowered" to "shout" about it "because there's no way those
evil GOP bible thumpers are gonna tell ME what to do with my body", when in reality, in many cases, it's someone choosing to have unprotected sex and is unprepared to deal with the consequences and the responsibility.

I said it before and I will say it again. Men, the FATHERS should have say in this too! Maybe they shouldn't get to decide if the mother gets an abortion or not but if two people have unprotected sex, why is that the mother can decide they are not ready to be a parent and extricate themselves from the responsibility but the father cannot?! Maybe fathers should be able to sign a paper saying they will have no contact with the child but they are not financially responsible either. That is not a perfect solution and its open to abuse but as it is now a woman can have unprotected sex, abort the child if she is not ready to be a mother (even if the father wants to keep it) and move on with her life and her plans. A man can get actually get raped (statutory) by an older female and will be LIABLE for child support!! The law is insane! Men have no rights as fathers or they have very little.

As for those railing against the defunding of PP and defending it... I wonder how many are aware the the founder of Planned Parenthood was a virulent racist and eugenicist. Google some of her quotes sometime, they will make you sick.
No one cares.

Someone could hack the democrat convention and air Hillary gladly accepting her Sanger Award and have the audio from the mother of eugenics back to back with it and still no one will care.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:27 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,014,497 times
abortion is legal.
sanger has been dead for decades.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
There is never a reason to celebrate abortion, in my opinion.
Do you think there is a reason for women to be willing to talk about abortion in order to help educate others?

Old 10-24-2015, 07:57 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,486 times
Yes, women need to make sure they have access to safe abortions. Why should they be shamed. This is a direct reaction to the right wingers in government trying eliminate access by cutting funding.

Don't like it, don't have one. If you are a man - respect your women and let them decide what they feel is best for their body.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:43 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,247,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
That is disturbing on so many levels. I would support my tax money kidnapping these people and parachuting them into ISIS controlled territory.

Wouldn't go THAT far, but it's indeed pretty disgusting.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:56 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,309 times
What do you expect women to do when you try to take their rights away?

If these anti abortion nutjobs lived in 2015 and didn't spew their bs, this movement wouldn't need to exist.

Can't wait for these old farts to die off and let the adults take over.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:35 AM

6,386 posts, read 6,274,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Abortion is understandable in cases of rape and when the pregnancy poses a risk to the mothers life but other than that abortion is selfish. The woman and the man chose to have sex which resulted in the pregnancy. If people don't want to become parents so bad then they should refrain from sex or pay for their own contraceptive devices.
Yes, you are right. Better that selfish people have kids. That will make for happy and healthy lives all around.

If only all men would make women women sign a "no abortion" contract prior to sex, we would all have much less unwanted pregnancies.

But just continue shaming the women. How well has that worked so far?

I think the pro-birthers need a new approach.

Old 10-25-2015, 03:40 AM

6,386 posts, read 6,274,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Someone said "abortion is taking responsibility". nonsense.

I am done with this thread.
It is very sensible, actually, depending on your situation.

It is the selfish people who do not have abortions when they should because they want attention, someone to love them, a "purpose" in life, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies