Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 02:06 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,960,478 times

Advertisements

Here we go again. New CA law proposed to require citizens to sell mags over ten rounds or turn them in without compensation to the regieme.

Also to force background checks to buy ammo.

How long will the people tolerate this? This country becomes more tyrannical by the day. Where does it end?

Top California official to propose gun control initiative
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 02:22 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,558,448 times
I'm sure all the gangs and drug lords in CA will rush in to hand over their assault-style magazines

Old 10-15-2015, 02:24 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Here we go again. New CA law proposed to require citizens to sell mags over ten rounds or turn them in without compensation to the regieme.

How long will the people tolerate this? This country becomes more tyrannical by the day. Where does it end?

Cali is fast becoming the other "Cali", that place down in LatAm with its stupid drug wars. Tho Brown trying to enforce a ban on large caliber clips won't do well because they're too easy to hide away. Too; Brown and his kind forget that MOST gun murders done with regular handguns and long guns which have 10 or less bullets.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I'm sure all the gangs and drug lords in CA will rush in to hand over their assault-style magazines
No joke, I def agree with what you mean.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:33 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,831,436 times
Who needs civil rights anyways.

I find it ironic that the language they use to get rid of magazines "sell them" has been against the law since 2000.

Anti gun democrats will never be satisfied with the gun laws, they will always want more and more laws until normal people can no longer jump through the hoops or afford the process and business will be put out of business by over regulation. This is a perfect example, requiring background checks on ammo purchases would cost $35 and take roughly 20-30 minutes per transaction. No one would buy ammo at the marked up price to cover the increased costs so shops will stop selling ammo. Of course this won't actually do anything to reduce crime as that isn't the goal.

Democrats sure seem to have regressive tax/regulatory policies until they put them on things they don't like.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:47 PM

2,559 posts, read 2,222,437 times
Heck, do an ammo run to Arizona. We got LOTS

Old 10-15-2015, 03:03 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,811,006 times
Quote:

Hmmm...taking private property without compensation.
That ain't right.
All this accomplishes is forcing citizens to fight back with one arm tied behind their back.

Law abiding target shooters may go through a few thousand rounds a year.
A criminal may not go through a box in entire their criminal career.
So put onerous restrictions on ammo. Effin' brilliant!

Old 10-15-2015, 03:08 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,667,262 times
Quote:

Here I thought the title of this thread had to do with confiscating magazines (of the literary variety) and a requirement to pay by check.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:12 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,960,478 times
Hi Packard, the thing is if a law abiding person refuses to submit, they become a criminal in the eyes of the state. Get your house robbed and the robber drops your hi cap mag, cops find it and arrest YOU!

I just don't understand the CA mindset. They seem to prefer only criminals have gns, and this apparently is a ballot iniciative, so the People will vote to slit their own throats. And freedom dies to a thousand cheers.

I stay east of the Colorado river. But my rights as an American should not stop there. Why should I be an upstanding citizen and pillar of the community in AZ, but were I to walk across to the other side of the bridge be considered a multi count felon by carrying the same legal firearm.

CA must be stopped.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:19 PM

23,578 posts, read 17,253,889 times
first the components that have not been used in a the celebrity murders are banned and later suddenly a light bulb come on that the components deemed legal that have been used, need to be condfcated.

Chip away at gun ownership to achieve a theoretical elimination of private firearm ownership sometime inthe disatnt future while sacrificing the people, today, they pretend to protect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies