Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 05:04 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Replace Germany with Germans (in terms of language) and it's accurate. Germans exist for 1000 years.
Uh; I don't think that's true. Word was the 1st time "German" was used to describe a person from that part of Europe after WW 1. Before then your people were Prussians, Bavarians, Austrians and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 05:19 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I don't think that's true. Word was the 1st time "German" was used to describe a person from that part of Europe after WW 1. Before then your people were Prussians, Bavarians, Austrians and so on.
Lol, you can' t be serious. Nope, way of base. Prussia, Austria and Bavaria were states Germans were living in. Germans in terms of language and ethnicity go way back over 1000 years.

Quote:
The German ethnicity is linked to the Germanic tribes of antiquity in central Europe.[18] The early Germans originated on the North German Plain as well as southern Scandinavia.[18] By the 2nd century BC, the number of Germans was significantly increasing and they began expanding into eastern Europe and southward into Celtic territory.[18] During antiquity these Germanic tribes remained separate from each other and did not have writing systems at that time.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germans

Old 10-27-2015, 05:57 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
We will be a Muslim world within 40 years.
The Muslims will gradually gain traction with support and their numbers will grow large enough to begin annihilation of all other religions and opponents.
And that's that.
Liberals hate Christians to such an extent they welcome a Muslim world.

Being 67 I simply don't give a damn anymore.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:04 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

Yeah, the Extreme Left seems to be in love with the most Homophobic, anti female, hard right, authoritarian religion in the world Maybe they can move in together?

Old 10-27-2015, 06:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Like Germany we are over learning our lesson
I hope they as well as we wake up b4 its too late
If they are knocking u in the head it's not racist to stop them

Old 10-27-2015, 06:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
No, and it's asinine to believe that it ever will. It's numerically impossible.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:49 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Default Germany: Muslim Turks and Muslim Arabs living there.

Word was Germany has had Turkish people living there for over 50 years now; they seem to be pretty mellow compared to the Syrians and so on trying to go there in 2015. Any idea why the Turks seem to mind their manners"? Guessing here: maybe the Turks have pretty much become "German" and even they think the illegal aliens form Syria ere just trouble, I don't know.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:25 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Word was Germany has had Turkish people living there for over 50 years now; they seem to be pretty mellow compared to the Syrians and so on trying to go there in 2015. Any idea why the Turks seem to mind their manners"? Guessing here: maybe the Turks have pretty much become "German" and even they think the illegal aliens form Syria ere just trouble, I don't know.
Turkey is a secular nation and has been like that since the 1920s. You can buy alcohol in Turkey. It's a majority Muslim nation. At the same time, there is separation between Mosque and State. No Sharia Law in Turkey.

Syria has a larger Christian population than Turkey does. There has also been alot of tension between Christians and Muslims. Alot of Syrian immigrants who went to places like Detroit, Chicago, and Boston were Christians, at least the first wave of Syrian immigrants to the USA.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

A friend of mine is German and we were talking the other day. He said Liberals are practicing PC speech in Germany too. In the U.S if you say something they don't like they call you racist. In Germany they call you a Nazi. Same tactic to silence the opposition.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:35 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
What Syrians have been anything but "mellow"? From what I was told about next door in Belgium, it was not safe to be out after dark in Brussels because of the Turks who live there.

Most all of the Syrians I have seen migrating to Europe look and dress no different than any Americans of the same age. (Not as fat, though) Syria was a very interesting mix of backgrounds, Alawites, Christians, Druze, Shia, Sunni, they all managed to live together peacefully until civil war broke out, and the radicals moved in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies