Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 11:46 AM

23,203 posts, read 10,489,610 times

Advertisements

I swear, if another person walks up and starts talking about burning fossil fuels, I may just get slappy.

Fossil fuels this and fossil fuels that, SO MANY MOVIES about the great lie of fossil fuels. I mean, I am just sick of the lies and I can't believe how people will lie right to your face and assume you to believe whatever they say.

It is a non issue.

IF man is causing climate change, and IF we need to do something to save the world, it doesn't have anything to do with fossil fuels.

But IF climate change is about to change the world, why O why would we try and stop it?

Old 10-19-2015, 11:48 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,536,905 times
Any thoughts about who you might like to slap first?

Old 10-19-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
LOL, wouldn't really do it, but Al Gore seems like a likely candidate.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:56 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,240,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I would recommend James Hansen.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:00 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,439,396 times
Them gosh dang scientists. Telling me such crap and load of bull#@!!. People evolved! The earth goes AROUND the sun. . . That vaccinations cause you to have immunity - to diseases

Its all a gosh darn conspiracy by the devil to stop us from driving trucks and having our kids avoid measles, and sometimes die. death is gods plan no doubt

Damn scientsts and their lies and "science" just because they have worldwide consensus that mankind is the cause 90% probability. I'm not happy if they said 100%. or 150%. Percentages are beyond what we used in Trailer park high anyway

Science, . . well i'm not going to believe it

no, i'm going to believe Fox news, brought to me by those fine folks at BP, they are the only ones. BP wouldn't lie. Its that big money in carbon caps. . .that is fabricating it.

Old 10-19-2015, 12:02 PM

I believe if there is really a problem, that people don't want to say what the truth is. If there is a problem it can be solved but not through lowering fossil fuels. Lowering fossil fuels would always be the right move but if we stopped burning all fossil fuels today, and every nation stopped, we would still have a problem if there is a problem.

Either we need to ban the sale of meat, or there needs to be some mechanism in play to lower the amount of people in the world{supposedly, one comes this way}. The world will not suffer 7 billion people for very long, but let's get that up to 10 billion meat eaters and the numbers will not work. All the grains we are growing are to feed the meat we grow and it appears that there is not enough land to grow meat for 10 billion people.

When the world was at 1 billion people, how many years did it take us to get to 7 billion?

Old 10-19-2015, 12:06 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,994,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I believe if there is really a problem, that people don't want to say what the truth is. If there is a problem it can be solved but not through lowering fossil fuels.
What specific parts of the established scientific record do you disagree with?

Old 10-19-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
What specific parts of the established scientific record do you disagree with?
Well you look at Florida which they say the land hasn't risen and they show where coral had been growing up 15 foot above the beach and they say this proves that the ocean levels had risen that high and stayed that high for a while, but what made the sea levels rise then? When a volcano erupts, it causes the whole in the atmosphere to get very big and then it goes down. What a volcano throws out is enormous but it dissipates. But when you start cutting down rain forests for agriculture to grow beef for the rising demand of beef, maybe then you are really doing something. From all the agriculture running to the sea and the sea dying or being farmed at such an alarming rate as to wonder how long we can do it.

You can't plow the whole earth and we learned this in the dust bowl and if the forests are leveled to grow grain to feed cattle and chickens, the earth cannot dissipate this as it can with the effects of a volcano. We have the forest and the seas and many mechanisms that naturally clean the earth, but if you destroy the forests and the sea for the desire of meat with 10 billion people, you can't replant a rain forest. There is not enough land to sustain all the agriculture.

Old 10-19-2015, 01:48 PM

6,576 posts, read 6,752,660 times
The climate scam is no different than the church selling indulgences in the Middle Ages.....nothing ever changes folks.

Old 10-19-2015, 02:07 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,008,160 times
You're preaching to the choir! Humans have a propensity to think they are the "be all and end all" of everything.....including an entire planet's climate! We are too egotistical!

The Earth will do what it will do...until the sun's gravity destroys us.....

Yes...we should be mindful of "dirtying our own nest", but we can no more change our climate than we can affect our orbit around our universe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies