Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: GOP Debate: Who was the night's biggest loser? Who will tank most in the polls?
Kasich 14 10.29%
Bush 67 49.26%
Huckabee 6 4.41%
Rubio 6 4.41%
Trump 11 8.09%
Carson 1 0.74%
Fiorina 6 4.41%
Cruz 9 6.62%
Christie 5 3.68%
Paul 11 8.09%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 08:46 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times

Advertisements

best debate.....finally the candidates took it to the moderators and their bias questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
I bet if you checked the mods wallets tonight they'll be a little thicker.

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I agree, this was a farce. On another thread I said that if I had to pick I would say that Rubio "won" ... "won" because this was a total joke. This isent a debate, it's a circus of 30 second soundbites. We don't actually learn anything from the candidates.

I like your second part regarding presentations. Of course, this would require candidates to be serious and have actual platforms instead of throwing out glorified Tweets.
Yep. It was a series of soundbites. And you really can't blame the candidates too much because there simply is no time for anything more with so many on the stage, such a short format and so many commercials. I have to hand it to Trump and Carson for whittling the time down to a mere two hours. They made sure they didn't have to actually say anything that might cause their numbers to go down.

Can't think of a single breakout moment and or candidate. It was a waste of time.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:47 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Obviously you don't follow the news, perhaps that's why you support Hillary.. I's common knowledge, it's been talked about for days. Carson and Trump said they would boycott the debate if it wasn't changed, so they made the change

Poor deduction skills there.

That's the thing about debates, they are great for people like me who do not follow politics on a daily basis!

Still waiting for that source.....

You might also consider that particular mods, like myself, was not keeping up with "debate negotiations." Again, their areas of expertise is more the state of the markets and economy which was supposed to be the purpose of this debate.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:47 PM

529 posts, read 370,035 times
I agree 100%.

Unfortunately it was basically his only "score".

I like the guy, but he is a guy that needs more than 1 minute per issue, because solutions aren't easily communicated in sound bytes.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:48 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
This is so messed up on so many levels a guy that is kinda wacko and hates gays is the front runner of the republican party right now
Stop saying he hates gays! Just because someone believes marriage should be between a man and a woman does not equal I hate gay people!!!! Jeez!

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
You can tell from all the posts by the lefties in here that they are butt hurt because even they can see how much better the republican candidates are than the left..
It's good for the left to watch because you know some will eventually wake up. Just like pancakes they will flip when their eyes are opened.

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I would never vote for a prosecutor for president!
Guess that rules out Gowdy in the Future..however, Christie was a former Posecutor..so that must mean he hasn't your vote..Course despite that..I wouldn't vote for the guy way beyond his past history being a prosecutor..He's just plane a bully and nasty when it comes to controlling his local politicians to signing on to HIM!! NOTE..HIM//If ya don't you don't get funding for Sandy relief..or you get access to your locations CUT off ( Bridgate)...yet he takes no responsibility but blames his appointee's!! Talk about passing the buck..YOU are the leader..and Buck stops on your doorstep!!

Much more will come out after this..BUT somethings stinks about Christie ..Pewwwwww!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Exactly. She thinks she's talking to her peons in HP
She's a condescending type who thinks she knows better..yet her guidance and directives lead to her being OUT!! Tho once in such a position..THEY ALWAYS get multi-millions of dollars to leave...Yike's!! How many have been given multi-thousands of dollars to leave any job??? NONE..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I think Huckabee, Kasich and Fiorina are done.
I can only hope..Tho do think Kasich may have some good idea's and not o partisan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rubio has been exposed as a deadbeat who doesn't like to work and doesn't pay his bills.
He's never been able to handle his own balance sheet..He's been mentored for a long time..and he's not so electable..and even Latino's aren't enthralled!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Originally the RNC wanted Bush first 2 debates he was very light then they wanted Walker since Walker has dropped out now they want Rubio
RNC are actually totally flummoxed..THEY have no idea what to do with all these loose cannon's?? They have lost control of their party and no doubt regret their embracing those "Freedom Caucus" folks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Huckabee says he (along with the other participants) is giving up his livelihood to run for President.
What IS his livelihood, other than running for President?
Ohhh well, after he stepped away from Fox News..those extreme fundamentalists ..have been donating to him..and sure those tithing types will continue to back him...Duggar's, Kim Davis types would walk over coals to back him..

Old 10-28-2015, 08:49 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You lose.
Do i really "lose" if i do NOT have to drink?

I did not really expect to hear "white lives matter" did anyone?

Old 10-28-2015, 08:49 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post

This faux butt hurt needs to stop. They all need to shut up, grow up and, get over it.
So tell that to Hillary when someone asks her a hard question and she starts crying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies