Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 05:36 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
There are 90,000 to 110,000 undocumented immigrants in the state who are old enough to drive, but few have passed a driving test or can be held financially responsible if they are involved in a crash, Warren said.
Read more at NC House panel OKs driving permits for illegal immigrants :: WRAL.com

ALL illegal aliens of ANY "race" need to leave the US. Period.
'Undocumented" immigrants? lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
N.C is 11th in states impacted by illegal immigration.
The fiscal costs of illegal immigration in North Carolina are estimated at $2.0 billion per year or 9.7 percent of the state’s $20.7 billion annual budget. This is $578 annually for each North Carolina native or naturalized citizen household.

Illegal Immigration in North Carolina | The Tribune Papers

They are also stopping all welfare to the illegals, so it will be very interesting to watch what happens to both jobs and
the economy.
Unfortunately, they are entitled to welfare thru their U.S. born kids. That loophole in the law needs to be fixed also. The economy will improve and jobs will open up for North Carolina citizens. How can that even be questioned?

Old 10-30-2015, 05:47 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Let's hope other states have the courage to follow their lead.
BRAVO North Carolina

McCrory signs bill outlawing sanctuary cities in NC :: WRAL.com

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

People are frikkin waking up to disaster heading our way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...nice. Now let's see them try to enforce it.
...at least you're consistent.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:48 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
There are approximately 410,000 illegals in N.C.
But who is counting? I am sure there are probably twice that amount.
Every landscape company and construction company is packed with illegals there.
(I lived in N.C. For five years)

N C was able to get this through I think because they had a republican governor and majority in state legislature.
I wonder if any democrats voted for it?

Old 10-30-2015, 05:54 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
The NC economy has been booming for several years now. If the illegals are forced out of the state, I would expect there to be an even larger influx of people from out of the state coming in than previously. I wonder how this will affect the political climate. NC has been turning purple with the large migration of northerners coming to the state. Who will make up the new migrants once the illegals leave?

Old 10-30-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The NC economy has been booming for several years now. If the illegals are forced out of the state, I would expect there to be an even larger influx of people from out of the state coming in than previously. I wonder how this will affect the political climate. NC has been turning purple with the large migration of northerners coming to the state. Who will make up the new migrants once the illegals leave?
Citizens or legal immigrants of course. Who's to say that NC needs any more people in their state competing for jobs and resources? With that many illegals in their state gone I am sure the jobs will be filled by North Carolinans though.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:02 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
N.C is 11th in states impacted by illegal immigration.
The fiscal costs of illegal immigration in North Carolina are estimated at $2.0 billion per year or 9.7 percent of the state’s $20.7 billion annual budget. This is $578 annually for each North Carolina native or naturalized citizen household.

Illegal Immigration in North Carolina | The Tribune Papers

They are also stopping all welfare to the illegals, so it will be very interesting to watch what happens to both jobs and
the economy.
So basically they are already a sanctuary state, I am guessing this won't really have any affect on that.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:25 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Citizens or legal immigrants of course. Who's to say that NC needs any more people in their state competing for jobs and resources? With that many illegals in their state gone I am sure the jobs will be filled by North Carolinans though.
Citizens or legal immigrants is a very broad group. North Carolina has had a massive demographic shift over the past 20 years and the majority of people moving to the state have been to the left politically. The Republican takeover of the state government was not expected at the time. Will these new laws bring in more people who are to the right of the political spectrum?

And there are many North Carolinians who are out of work, but it may not be the case that they'll be able to fill all the job vacancies created by the departing illegals.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Last I read the count of sanctuary cities was over 600 with many going back decades. And they are not all liberal municipalities with substantial illegal populations.

I do not get the motivation of a city to not cooperate with ICE. Is this the cost of about using local LE and jails for federal laws?

Old 10-30-2015, 07:51 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So basically they are already a sanctuary state, I am guessing this won't really have any affect on that.
but maybe this will let them know they aren't welcome. this is a good start, but they need to make it so there are zero incentives to living there for illegals. I suggest a 5000% tax on all money transfers leaving the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies