Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 07:42 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,233,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Funny some actually think this started with Conservatives and Christians......easier to p**s off the left, than it is the right and they know it. My bet this pastor is a Liberal Democrat.
The pastor is an anti-gay, birther, who claims Obama is a Muslim. Hardly liberal.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:56 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,229,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
No, it's out there! Sorry to blow your day, you can't just blame this on Conservatives......sure you won't dig deeper to prove me wrong, will you?
Of course I am not going to waste my time on trying to find your conspiracy theory about Starbucks Coffee cups and the media. It is just a disposable cup, right wingers are just too sensitive it seems.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:06 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,528,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Their coffee is the real outrage. Peet's is way better.
Peet's coffee tastes like waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Tim Horton's is #1.
This tastes like waste as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I am offended by their prices.
If you buy a weird American mocha poka frapacockaccino it is. $2.50 for mediocre coffee isn't terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The plain red cup still holds the worst coffee I have ever tasted in my entire life.
You've never had gas station coffee?

DUDES. Starbucks is probably the least offensive tasting coffee out of the "big coffee chains". You need to get out and try some ACTUAL GOOD COFFEE. I'll post some links for you. These are from Chicago but most medium to big cities have great coffee somewhere that isn't some chain BS. You can order online too.

Dark Matter Coffee

Intelligentsia Coffee

https://www.metropoliscoffee.com/

https://counterculturecoffee.com/

To stay on topic...even arguing about this subject is hilarious. I literally laughed out loud when I found out that the guy who said his name was "merry christmas" thinks he pranked Starbucks by PURCHASING ONE OF THEIR PRODUCTS hahahaha.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:11 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,782,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is almost like it was intended to cause emotional harm on purpose. The liberals who proposed this, are unhappy their million dollar investment in mental gymnastics, got no traction. It did not get the uproar they were expecting.

Proving the right is more tolerant, than the left ever will be.
What did liberals propose?????

Old 11-11-2015, 08:25 AM

756 posts, read 425,471 times
What bothers me is that it's more political correctness run amok.
Here is a comment from Starbucks from the article in the OP:
“to usher in the holidays with a purity of design that welcomes all of our stories.”

The unspoken implication there is that we can't have Santa Claus, Christmas Trees or snowflakes because it might offend someone or leave someone out. Their "story" is made to feel unwelcome by omission.

To me, what is even sillier and more ridiculous than being offended at red coffee cups is liberals being offended at snowflakes, snowmen and Santa Claus imagery because it might exclude those who celebrate Kwanzaa or whatever else that these traditional images exclude.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
What bothers me is that it's more political correctness run amok.
Here is a comment from Starbucks from the article in the OP:
“to usher in the holidays with a purity of design that welcomes all of our stories.”

The unspoken implication there is that we can't have Santa Claus, Christmas Trees or snowflakes because it might offend someone or leave someone out. Their "story" is made to feel unwelcome by omission.

To me, what is even sillier and more ridiculous than being offended at red coffee cups is liberals being offended at snowflakes, snowmen and Santa Claus imagery because it might exclude those who celebrate Kwanzaa or whatever else that these traditional images exclude.
I haven't heard of a single person being offended over snowflakes on the old cups. Or a reindeer on skates or whatever. You seem to be on the hypocritical side here. YOU are the one who is offended for no reason. I realize the Bible talks about reindeer on skates, santa and snowflakes in Levitic...oh wait...

You do realize that Starbucks has "Christmas Blend" coffee, right?

Lots of the imagery on the old cups is actually pagan too, not Christian. Just about all of the Christmas imagery that is recognized is actually pagan.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:56 AM

756 posts, read 425,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
I haven't heard of a single person being offended over snowflakes on the old cups. Or a reindeer on skates or whatever. You seem to be on the hypocritical side here. YOU are the one who is offended for no reason. I realize the Bible talks about reindeer on skates, santa and snowflakes in Levitic...oh wait...

You do realize that Starbucks has "Christmas Blend" coffee, right?

Lots of the imagery on the old cups is actually pagan too, not Christian. Just about all of the Christmas imagery that is recognized is actually pagan.
I'm going by a quote from Starbucks itself:

To me, the implication is that the designs they've used in the past DID not welcome all of our stories, hence the decision to go with a blank, empty red cup.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:04 AM

369 posts, read 193,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
...and the confederate flag never took anyone as a slave or murdered anyone did it? However, the PC liberals sure screamed and cried and threw tantrums until they got their way. Oh and in case you somehow missed it, this is a Christmas tree and that is directly related to Christianity.
Excuse me...at what part of the Bible does the Christmas tree come in? I missed that in catechism.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhno75 View Post
Excuse me...at what part of the Bible does the Christmas tree come in? I missed that in catechism.
never...it is a pagan tradition. which makes this all the more hilarious.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
I'm going by a quote from Starbucks itself:

To me, the implication is that the designs they've used in the past DID not welcome all of our stories, hence the decision to go with a blank, empty red cup.
It blows me away that Christians are SO INSECURE that a very benign and tolerant statement of inclusiveness makes them go up in arms. You should go buy 800 bags of Christmas Blend so you can stack it up in the living room and stare at it in reverence of Christ. Please just try to look at this from a different perspective. Imagine looking at this form the lens of, say, a person from Sweden who doesn't live with any religious framework:

It's a nice Sunday morning, and you turn on the TV, and you see a brief news story about a bunch of Americans crying and going crazy over a reindeer or snowman being taken off of this years Starbucks cup. You stare in utter disbelief and amusement. This has to be an Onion piece. But no, a clip of some unkempt loon being interviewed comes across the screen. It appears he is ranting and raving in joy because he thinks he "tricked" Starbucks by purchasing one of their beverages and "forcing" the apathetic college aged part time Starbucks employee to write "Merry Christmas" on it with a Sharpie. Then, behold, one of the presidential candidates appears on the screen, raving that he thinks we should maybe boycott Starbucks due to lack of adequate snowflakes and snowmen on the cups. Out of pure awe of the stupidity, you do a Google search to determine if Santa and snowmen are mentioned in the Christian Bible. To your amazement, you realize that the people who wrote the Bible lived in the Middle East, and not one mention of snowmen, Santa, or Christmas trees exist. In utter fear and bewilderment, you shut off your TV when your 5th grade child comes into the room. You are relieved that he/she didn't see the carnival that was just on the TV, as to preserve his/her reasonable mind. You then help him/her with their science homework, and enjoy the rest of your day, forgetting about the lunacy you just witnessed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies