Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 12:14 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times

Advertisements

RBN Live ONLINE!

San Diego doesn't fluoridate. San Marcos just rejected it. Most of these systems are less than 30 years old.

Sodium fluoride binds to the calcium channels in your brain, reduces IQ, causes osteosarcoma. Hydrofluorosilicic acid (from the mining, smelting, fertilizer industries) even destroys the pipes.

Ask who's trying to do this to you.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:19 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
It binds to the calcium channels in your brain, reduces IQ, causes osteosarcoma.
[citation needed]

Old 11-11-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
[citation needed]
_"Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children"_
Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children | News | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health

_"NTP Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of Sodium Fluoride (CAS No. 7681-49-4)in F344/N Rats and B6C3F1 Mice (Drinking Water Studies)."_
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12637966

_"Neurotoxic Effects of Fluoride in Endemic Skeletal Fluorosis and in Experimental Chronic Fluoride Toxicity"_
http://www.jcdr.net/article_fulltext...ssue=4&id=2179

Most jurisdictions in the world reject this kind of industrial waste disposal; it's often banned, including in:

Austria
Belgium
China
Czech Republic
Denmark
France
Germany
India
Israel
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Northern Ireland
Norway
Scotland
Sweden
Switzerland

http://www.actionpa.org/fluoride/countries.pdf

Last edited by mm4; 11-11-2015 at 12:32 PM..

Old 11-11-2015, 12:33 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
_"Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children"_
Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children | News | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health

_"NTP Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of Sodium Fluoride (CAS No. 7681-49-4)in F344/N Rats and B6C3F1 Mice (Drinking Water Studies)."_
NTP Toxicology and Carcinogenesis Studies of Sodium Fluoride (CAS No. 7681-49-4)in F344/N Rats and B6C3F1 Mice (Drinking Water Studies). - PubMed - NCBI

_"Neurotoxic Effects of Fluoride in Endemic Skeletal Fluorosis and in Experimental Chronic Fluoride Toxicity"_
JCDR - Brain, Excitotoxicity, Fluoride, Fluorosis, Neurotoxicity
So these are reasonable citations, one of which does , in fact, link flouride toxicity to reduced IQ.

However the context of this research must be clarified -- certain parts of the world have naturally-occuring groundwater with toxic levels of flouride, particularly India, where the researcher claiming the link is located. So they are measuring the effects of naturally-occuring flouride levels, not measuring the effects of flouride at the levels which are being added to municipal water systems.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:35 PM

674 posts, read 611,866 times
I didn't realize that 61% of voters in San Marcos were as dumb as that "bodily fluids" guy from Dr. Strangelove.

I'm ashamed of my town today.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
So these are reasonable citations, one of which does , in fact, link flouride toxicity to reduced IQ.

However the context of this research must be clarified -- certain parts of the world have naturally-occuring groundwater with toxic levels of flouride, particularly India, where the researchers are located. So they are not referring to the levels of flouride that are added to municipal water systems.
Sodium fluoride and hydrofluorosilicic acid are not naturally occurring compounds, and they have toxic properties in the body that aren't expressed in the safer calcium fluoride found in some soils.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlAndSparrow View Post
I didn't realize that 61% of voters in San Marcos were as dumb as that "bodily fluids" guy from Dr. Strangelove.

I'm ashamed of my town today.
You can let Terry Southern dictate your health choices or you can take that into your own hands.

San Antonio only began in 2002. Think of what it's doing to the Edwards, from where the region's water is drawn.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:37 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Sodium fluoride and hydrofluorosilicic acid are not naturally occurring compounds, and they have toxic properties in the body that aren't expressed in the safer calcium fluoride found in some soils.
dihydrogen monoxide is also deadly if in high enough concentrations.

Looking at your links they all involve either very very high levels of flouride, or in the case of China could involve co-pollutants. IE "Your child is dumb because he lives in a area with massive pollution".

So overall your evidence is not persuasive. Now...that being said, it does make it quite reasonable to do more research based upon it, but its not enough for me to look at it and say "hey lets stop doing this beneficial thing, because we suspect it could be an issue"

Old 11-11-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
dihydrogen monoxide is also deadly if in high enough concentrations.

Looking at your links they all involve either very very high levels of flouride, or in the case of China could involve co-pollutants. IE "Your child is dumb because he lives in a area with massive pollution".

So overall your evidence is not persuasive. Now...that being said, it does make it quite reasonable to do more research based upon it, but its not enough for me to look at it and say "hey lets stop doing this beneficial thing, because we suspect it could be an issue"
Water volume toxicity is your answer to valid concerns raised about environmental pollutants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
...but its not enough for me to look at it and say "hey lets stop doing this beneficial thing, because we suspect it could be an issue"
The only justification for a fluoride compund in tooth treatment is that it remineralizes enamel in theory--in other words it binds to the calcium of the surface of the tooth, and likewise attracts other calcium deposits in the mouth. It is a t o p i c a l application.

Do you swallow Neosporin to treat a skin wound? My guess is yes.

Last edited by mm4; 11-11-2015 at 04:03 PM..

Old 11-11-2015, 03:34 PM

You progressives think you're not stupid and fluoridation was always part of the landscape, and it's been time-tested for you and your loved ones.

What many don't realize is that chances are that most of you did not in fact grow up in fluoridated municipalities. It was accelerated more uniformly in the U.S. only starting in the 1980s.

The Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) began fluoridation only in 1978.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies