Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 03:23 PM

371 posts, read 258,515 times

Advertisements

Oh as far as the topic. Yes Buchanan has been right every time he says something. Only thing me and him don't agree on is christiantity. I agree we need a religion but we need a strong religion not one that tells us to give all our money away,turn the other cheek etc etc...I own ALL of his books and I would LOVE to see a Trump/Buchanan ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 05:26 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,771,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Never answered the question. Typical
I know myself better, therefore, I trust myself better. I could apply that to myself.

Now, can you refute what I said regarding Blacks and the Republican party?

Old 11-15-2015, 03:49 PM

16,681 posts, read 8,677,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
When someone says, "bear down on the White vote", I feel like said person is saying "minorities don't count". This is very insulting to me as a Black man. And one wonders why more Blacks don't vote for Republicans. This along with some other Republican politicians who keep addressing the Black population as if Blacks are a burden(i.e. the "free stuff comments by Jeb Bush, the "food stamps" comment from Newt Gingrich, and Rick Santorum's comments). Basically making the assumption that all Blacks want is free stuff. If that were true, then the majority of Blacks would have reached for food stamps and welfare.
Much of your post reeks of assumptions that those politicians are speaking of blacks exclusively. In reality there are plenty of white folks who leach off the system by getting "free stuff". You instead somehow project your own feelings/insecurities and make the racial assumption they are targeting blacks.
Food stamp abusers like this white loser bother me a lot more than a person born into poverty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP_izYhdehY

Pat Buchanan is not racist, sexist, or any other PC label some try to place on him. You can be opposed to programs like affirmative action, but still be pro-minority or pro-women.
It is just our current juvenile culture that allows people to shout names at people with whom they disagree with, in an effort to delegitimize their views.

`

Old 11-15-2015, 03:56 PM

30,333 posts, read 23,812,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So did Ross Perot and so did Ron Paul.

But the masses didn't believe the "right wing lies".

Now they reap what they have sown.
Yep. Some people on here were not old enough to vote in 1992 and 1996. In 2000, I still wasn't full on in to politics, so if the media didn't talk about the guy, I didn't know about the guy. I heard all about Perot because the media kept implying that he was a lunatic. At that time, I was young and more concerned about trying to make something of myself. It wasn't until 2003 that I really got in to politics.

But Perot and Paul were mocked, laughed at, and were called "crazy" for their ideas on foreign policy.

I remember, distinctly, being told that I was "throwing my vote away" for not voting for another empty suit who would change nothing in Washington, right here on this forum.

I'd say the only ones who threw their vote away were the fools who believed in stuffed suits who said what they thought we wanted to hear, and who the media glorified. When you've got almost half the nation saying, "I'll just have to hold my nose" or "Vote for the lesser of the two evils" or "It's a sh** sandwich, but I'll vote for the guy"...then yeah, you're throwing your vote away.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:42 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,297,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Never answered the question. Typical
#Whitevotesdontmatter.

Old 11-15-2015, 04:56 PM

22,675 posts, read 24,660,350 times
Year of the WOMAN......I think Bigbutt gets it. The machine is already starting to slice and dice the top GOP candidates.........the GOP nominee will get shredded ALA Romney.

Pat is great, but the unvarnished-truth is now considered hate speech.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Much of your post reeks of assumptions that those politicians are speaking of blacks exclusively. In reality there are plenty of white folks who leach off the system by getting "free stuff". You instead somehow project your own feelings/insecurities and make the racial assumption they are targeting blacks.
Food stamp abusers like this white loser bother me a lot more than a person born into poverty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP_izYhdehY

Pat Buchanan is not racist, sexist, or any other PC label some try to place on him. You can be opposed to programs like affirmative action, but still be pro-minority or pro-women.
It is just our current juvenile culture that allows people to shout names at people with whom they disagree with, in an effort to delegitimize their views.

`
Gingrich and Santorum mentioned Blacks in specific. What else am I suppose to think. I know there are many Whites leaching off of the system. The thing is, Blacks were mentioned in specific.

If Pat Buchanan isn't racist then why did he say "bear down on the White vote"?

And when did I say anything about affirmative action?

Old 11-15-2015, 06:35 PM

16,681 posts, read 8,677,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Gingrich and Santorum mentioned Blacks in specific. What else am I suppose to think. I know there are many Whites leaching off of the system. The thing is, Blacks were mentioned in specific.

If Pat Buchanan isn't racist then why did he say "bear down on the White vote"?

And when did I say anything about affirmative action?
Well blacks are part of the problem also, so why not mention them?
Frankly I am sick that black society which seemed on the right path back in the 50's has declined so much since the 1960's.
A large reason is the breakdown of the traditional family with a man at home. But I also believe that programs started in the 1960's have had an insidious effect on black culture and sapped it of ambition and optimism.

As to your question about what Buchanan meant, I have no clue, as I never heard him say it nor within what context. For instance, he could have been speaking in a pragmatic way saying the (R's) had better focus on it. That is of course speculation, but if you can provide me the clip, either audio, visual, or even in writing I might be better able to offer an educated opinion.

Lastly, you didn't mention AA, I did. My point is that some on the left will call you racist if you oppose certain leftist programs designed to assist one of their PC protected groups. The same is true of calling you misogynist if you do not believe in abortion on demand. In their warped minds, that is anti-women, because you are trying to control her sexual and reproductive choices.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well blacks are part of the problem also, so why not mention them?
Frankly I am sick that black society which seemed on the right path back in the 50's has declined so much since the 1960's.
A large reason is the breakdown of the traditional family with a man at home. But I also believe that programs started in the 1960's have had an insidious effect on black culture and sapped it of ambition and optimism.

As to your question about what Buchanan meant, I have no clue, as I never heard him say it nor within what context. For instance, he could have been speaking in a pragmatic way saying the (R's) had better focus on it. That is of course speculation, but if you can provide me the clip, either audio, visual, or even in writing I might be better able to offer an educated opinion.

Lastly, you didn't mention AA, I did. My point is that some on the left will call you racist if you oppose certain leftist programs designed to assist one of their PC protected groups. The same is true of calling you misogynist if you do not believe in abortion on demand. In their warped minds, that is anti-women, because you are trying to control her sexual and reproductive choices.
Blacks the whole, or a certain segment of the Black population? I didn't hear those politicians point that out. If there are alot of Whites leaching from the system, as you mentioned, then those politicians should have looked at Whites too. However, said politicians only singled out Blacks. There is a high rate of food stamps use in Appalachia. However, Republicans have no problem getting votes.

Something else. Gingrich made an stupid remark, one that assumes that all Blacks want are food stamps. How many Blacks who were going to meet with a Republican politician would be seeking food stamps? Of you address potential voters as if they ate a burden and do so in a racial way, how can you expect them to vote for you?

Old 11-15-2015, 07:14 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,605,306 times
Pat Buchanan was right because helped create the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies