Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 12:46 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
What is the difference in the socioeconomic factors between Tennessee and Iowa that produce double the murder rate in TN?
Memphis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 01:01 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
What is the difference in the socioeconomic factors between Tennessee and Iowa that produce double the murder rate in TN?
Well, we can start with Memphis vs Des Moines.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:04 PM

Most murders occur in the ghettos. Most murder victims are Black men being murdered by Black men, and it is often the underclass segment of the Black population where this happens. Get further up, towards the working class, middle class, and upper class, murder rates drop.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:11 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Well most liberal say the earth is over populated so just think of it has gods way of weeding out the stupid

Old 11-15-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Verily. Russia and the Balkan States and Latin and Central America seem to vet lost in the shuffle. These are VERY violent regions, with the Russian mob and the cartels calling the shots. The aforementioned organizations make our inner city gangs look like choirboys. They don't just kill , they kill and dismember entire families, just to prove a point. A reputation they are quite proud to enjoy.

Here in the US, LE agencies, from the feds to local, can engage criminal outfits, make arrests and prosecution happens. They still bold a good deal of power. Try that j. Russia, the involved end officers and court officials, and their entire families would be butchered, their bodies dismembered and put in barrels and dropped on the courthouse steps. Life means absolutely nothing. Same with the cartels. If someone can't be bought, then they disappear, often reappearing, a piece here, a piece there.

Its either gold, or lead, take your pick. And no, skin tone doesn't figure in. In that regard, I suppose it can be said there isn't a bigoted bone in their bodies. If so.done thinks the US is hyper violent, then they lead a sheltered life.
I was talking to a person about murder rates in her country. According to her, there are cases where murders never get reported because the police and the judges are either corrupt or afraid. For that reason, the recorded murder rates may not reflect what actually goes on.

I thought about this because you mentioned law enforcement. I've heard of law enforcement being brutal in Russia. I am gathering, however, that law enforcement officers might be looking the other way in some instances.

With inner city gangs, this is what I've noticed. They are scary. They are also kind of stupid. They are the easiest to catch and prosecute. Even with the "no snitch" code, there are ways to find the perps. I had to consider this. Half of the prison population consists of Black men. One could say that this has to do with the disproportionate amount of crime being committed, and one would be right. Another theory I present is that Black criminals are often easy to catch and prosecute. One crook got caught because he put the stuff he stole on instagram(or twitter, I can't remember). My theory: such persons are watched more, more brazen about it, get caught, and without decent legal representation, are easier to prosecute. And the jury will probably look at said persons are incorrigible, therefore, more likely to be hard on said criminals.

I suspect this about inner city gangs: murders are committed out in the open, for people to see.

I watched a documentary about war crimes in the Balkans. It was mentioned that war criminals could hide in the mountain caves and never be found. In some cases, the locals won't talk.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:30 PM

401 posts, read 287,588 times
So the states with the highest murder rates are full of ghettos and thugs resulting in higher murder rates, and they just happen to be mostly Red states, too. Got it.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Well most liberal say the earth is over populated so just think of it has gods way of weeding out the stupid
Actually, most people I've heard use that argument were not liberals.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
So the states with the highest murder rates are full of ghettos and thugs resulting in higher murder rates, and they just happen to be mostly Red states, too. Got it.
And in the South. Historically, the South has been the most violent region in the USA. This dates back to the 1800s.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
So if i murder you, that means that you're stupid?

Old 11-15-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Memphis.
True.

Let's not stop with Tennessee. Maryland has a high murder rate and strict gun laws. One of the most violent cities in the USA is there, Baltimore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies