Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 02:44 PM

4,802 posts, read 3,516,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
No. I just won't be manipulated by a terrorist group, and preach a "us vs them" mentality and give them what they actually seek.
Too late, your life is being dictated by them. There are several things in your life being dictated by terrorists.
Airport security is one..
And they are the ones starting this whole Jihad thing, just like in the Crusades, we are just going out and defending ourselves.. Been going on a long long time....

Old 11-16-2015, 02:44 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,892,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Dude, there's no reasoning with leftists on this. Islam is non-Western, mostly non-European and, arguably, non-"white," so therefore they're going to defend it. And that's that.
Exactly. Leftist make it abundantly clear that they are not with the West, Europeans and whites. 'My enemy's, enemy is my friend.'

Old 11-16-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
If you want to persecute a religion, dont think that your particular religion will remain immune from the same.
Right so since muslims persecute non-muslims, don't think that Islam will remain immune from the same.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:50 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,320,431 times
Quote:
If ya dont like freedom of religion, perhaps America is not the country for you. I actually despise every religion, but the Christians in America are so sanctimonious about being able to enforce their religious views on the rest of us (think Kim Davis), I'm going to take this opportunity and shove Islam down your proverbial throat just to make a point.
This is how freedom works, get used to it, or get out.
Huh? So you don't like Christians "enforcing their religious views on the rest of us," but you defend Islam. That makes....no sense at all.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Huh?
He said his enemy's (Christians) enemy (Islam) is his friend.

What he didn't mention is muslims consider just about everyone non-muslim and even each other enemies, with liberal atheist being their biggest enemy, but useful for now.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:56 PM

15,652 posts, read 10,417,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Nobody said ISIS wasn't Muslim. They said that ISIS is not the same as Islam.
Interesting comment, le roi, and one I've read often lately in the press.

A mentally ill white man killed black people in a Charleston church. Progressives blamed the racist south, the Confederate flag came down, and all southerners were being blamed for the heinous act of one man.

When a white police officer killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, white racism in law enforcement was blamed, the police officer who killed the teenager was labeled a racist, and a federal civil rights investigation was launched. We were not reminded by Progressives that most police officers are good people and it would be unfair to make assumptions about Officer Darren Wilson before the facts were known.

When the owners of a small pizza parlor in Indiana expressed their belief that marriage is the union of one man and one women, the press coverage resulted in the business owners receiving death threats. Promoting LGBT rights trumped the personal safety of American citizens. Progressives believed those small business owners got what they deserved.

But when Islamic terrorists killed more than 120 innocent people in France, Progressives immediately reminded us "ISIS is not the same as Islam".

Old 11-16-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
He said his enemy's (Christians) enemy (Islam) is his friend.

What he didn't mention is muslims consider just about everyone non-muslim and even each other enemies.
Yeah, the guy seems to think that he's arguing with me but he's kind of proving my point.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
No. I just won't be manipulated by a terrorist group, and preach a "us vs them" mentality and give them what they actually seek.
Oh, please. If Islam was made up mostly of white Americans, Western leftists would hate it worse than they hated Dick Cheney. They wouldn't be able to mention it without going into a sputtering rage. But since it's made up mostly of darker-skinned people from countries in the Middle East and Africa, it must be defended. And that's the facts, Jack.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:09 PM

401 posts, read 287,985 times
Quote:
Huh? So you don't like Christians "enforcing their religious views on the rest of us," but you defend Islam. That makes....no sense at all.
I didnt say it made sense, its just being consistent...Christians in America try to force their beliefs on everyone else, everyone else is going to force other religions on the Christians. You demand to put up a manger scene on public property, I'm going to help the Satanists put up a monument to Beelzebub right next to it. If a bunch of Syrians want to come here and bring their whacked out religion with them, we are all gonna share the bounty that is Muslim jihad. Either you believe in freedom of religion or ya dont.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I didnt say it made sense, its just being consistent...Christians in America try to force their beliefs on everyone else, everyone else is going to force other religions on the Christians. You demand to put up a manger scene on public property, I'm going to help the Satanists put up a monument to Beelzebub right next to it. If a bunch of Syrians want to come here and bring their whacked out religion with them, we are all gonna share the bounty that is Muslim jihad. Either you believe in freedom of religion or ya dont.
So do the KKK and Nazis get to put up burning crosses and swastikas on public property too? Either you believe in freedom of politics or ya don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies