Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 02:00 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times

Advertisements

Sorry, but what Jews sued to get any Christmas trees removed from public squares in Israel? I would like to read more about this.

Additionally, your post drips with hateful undertones. Would you prefer this was 1939 Germany?

Old 11-17-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Because we've largely been fooled by propaganda into thinking that Israel is a secular, western, open democracy that values free speech, freedom of religion, and tolerance.

says someone who's never set a foot inside of Israel and parrots back some nonsense he heard from a friend who spoke to someone who know a cousin of someone who said it was so.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:11 PM

44 posts, read 28,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Sorry, but what Jews sued to get any Christmas trees removed from public squares in Israel? I would like to read more about this.
I was referring to America. Many Jewish organizations (more than atheists) have sued and many times successfully removed Christmas symbols from the public square, including from airports, city halls, and even tried to remove the federal holiday. In Israel, many business have been threatened to not put up any Christmas decorations, no Christmas at all observed, etc.
I was also told that the main reason "happy holidays" is due to not offending Jews or that they demand equal "tolerance" and that's why Hanukkah has been such a big deal while in Israel it's barely observed.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSuisFrance View Post
I was referring to America. Many Jewish organizations (more than atheists) have sued and many times successfully removed Christmas symbols from the public square, including from airports, city halls, and even tried to remove the federal holiday. In Israel, many business have been threatened to not put up any Christmas decorations, no Christmas at all observed, etc.
Can you please cite 1 example of a Jew suing to remove anything Christmas related? or intimidation in Israel and threats to remove Christmas decorations. If you make an accusation, the burden of proof is on you to produce the evidence.

I would like to read more about your accusations.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:16 PM

I have a question to you, JeSuis, what is it about Muslims that attract the French so much that nearly 10% of your country is now Islamic? Seems to me that you have nothing in common, except for the subject matter of your post here.

You are feeding the stereotype. Just a heads up.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:17 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
This topic has been discussed many times already. Although different people have different opinions, I believe the following is the explanation

Evangelicals believe that the Abrahamic Covenant is still in force. The Abrahamic Covenant (Gen. 12:1-3) says, among other things, that God promised the land of Canaan to the Jews forever. A significant majority of American Evangelicals believe that God is a keeper of His promises and that the "Promised Land" belongs to the Jews in belief and unbelief, in obedience and in disobedience, forever. (It is an unconditional promise, with no time limits or conditions.)

The Abrahamic Covenant also promises that "I will bless them that bless thee, and curse them that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed" (Gen. 12:3).

Read more at Why Do So Many Evangelicals So Strongly Support Israel?

I went to Catholic school when I was little, but I view myself as a Christian, I don't believe Jews are the chosen people but I support Israel because the country deserves to protect herself. and Israel has the right to exist. Israel is democracy. Jews are some of the most productive, intelligent, pleasant, giving, people I know. My grandpa did a lot of businesses with the Jews, and had nothing bad to say about them. There is a reason why Jewish people are well respected all over the world.

The most important aspect of this is that the Jews are thought to be God's active will on Earth. However Jews individually are considered still lost in unbelief. The idea was that they were being preserved as a people for when they are converted to Christ, after a good 2/3 of them parish.

I think Hagee is trying something new in that the Covenant with Israel is still in effect. He is saying that Jesus never offered Christianity to the Jews. So there are two different tracks according to him. One gets to God by bus and the other by boat. It is as absurd as the other of course, but either way Christan Zionism for their own end of the world mythologies is rather wide spread, especially in protestant circles.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:18 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeSuisFrance View Post
I have always wondered about this;

Why do American Christians support Jewish people and Israel when they do not even share the same belief system and religion? I know many Christians who are angry at Jews because they put Christ to death forcing the Romans to kill him, denies him and calling him for false prophet, evil or blasphemous and many Jews hating Christians, sueing them from left and right (abusing first amendment rights) and banning Christmas displays from the public square in most of Israel and other things yet Christians in America support and dies for Jews and Israel. What's up? Are Americans obligated to support Jews and Israel because historically Jews have been hated and persecuted or any other reason?
Anti-Semitism, anti-zionism, fundamentalist Christian persecution complex fodder, and a Constitution reference all tied in a War on Christmas bow... that is some high quality work there!

Old 11-17-2015, 02:25 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
says someone who's never set a foot inside of Israel and parrots back some nonsense he heard from a friend who spoke to someone who know a cousin of someone who said it was so.
You don't need to visit Israel to see their policies. They do not have the same values as the United States.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
You don't need to visit Israel to see their policies.
And according to the content of your posts, you don't need any critical thinking skills, either.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:27 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
And according to the content of your posts, you don't need any critical thinking skills, either.
Butthurt insults... very persuasive, Northeastah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies