Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 04:41 PM

3,703 posts, read 4,855,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It doesn't have to be shipped to a dealer, it doesn't even have to be shipped if it is someone nearby.
Then take the OP up on his challenge.

In reality, it isn't worth it, IMO, to buy from an online store because I would have to add in the cost of shipping it to someone with an FFL and also pay an additional 25 bucks or so that the dealer with the FFL charges (understandably) to do the paperwork for me to legally take the gun. The only time it may be worthwhile is if it is an older model which I really want and it is a really good deal. But it is still nice in such a case to see it before you buy so I avoid online purchases.

Now a muzzleloader falls under a different set of rules.

So, once again, if it is so easy, then take the OP's challenge and order a rifle, shotgun or a pistol online and see if they will ship it to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 04:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I'd like to challenge anyone out there, aside from those with FFLs or C&R, etc., to purchase a firearm online, black powder and air excluded, a bonafide firearm, to get one legally delivered to their home via online sale.

I hope this challenge will put this online gun purchasing thing to rest.

However, should you manage to pull it off, let us know. Sales receipts and shipping labels along with pictures would be sufficient proof to satisfy me that it can be done legally.

Let's see what comes about.

Use to be able to order a rifle, shotgun or revolver, from the Sears catalog and have it delivered to your door via US Postal Service. No questions asked, except your mailing address.
Freedom, as intended.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:58 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Use to be able to order a rifle, shotgun or revolver, from the Sears catalog and have it delivered to your door via US Postal Service. No questions asked, except your mailing address.
Freedom, as intended.

The world has changed unfortunately

Old 11-18-2015, 05:00 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
Then take the OP up on his challenge.

In reality, it isn't worth it, IMO, to buy from an online store because I would have to add in the cost of shipping it to someone with an FFL and also pay an additional 25 bucks or so that the dealer with the FFL charges (understandably) to do the paperwork for me to legally take the gun. The only time it may be worthwhile is if it is an older model which I really want and it is a really good deal. But it is still nice in such a case to see it before you buy so I avoid online purchases.

Now a muzzleloader falls under a different set of rules.

So, once again, if it is so easy, then take the OP's challenge and order a rifle, shotgun or a pistol online and see if they will ship it to you.
So why did Craigslist and EBAY stop carrying gun sales if online sales aren't a threat, Craigslist doesn't even arrange shipping, why did they cancel guns.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
The world has changed unfortunately

But the 2nd amendment hasn't.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:15 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
So why did Craigslist and EBAY stop carrying gun sales if online sales aren't a threat, Craigslist doesn't even arrange shipping, why did they cancel guns.
Because they wanted too.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:47 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,790,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I'd like to challenge anyone out there, aside from those with FFLs or C&R, etc., to purchase a firearm online, black powder and air excluded, a bonafide firearm, to get one legally delivered to their home via online sale.

I hope this challenge will put this online gun purchasing thing to rest.

However, should you manage to pull it off, let us know. Sales receipts and shipping labels along with pictures would be sufficient proof to satisfy me that it can be done legally.

Let's see what comes about.
Does your challenge include ordering off the dark net? I know I can buy a firearm no questions asked with bitcoin off of Agora marketplace IF I wanted to overpay.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:14 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,129 times
Liars, damn liars, and liberals.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:29 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,476,238 times
Quote:
The "FEELZ" post-Sandy Hook.

Old 11-19-2015, 09:23 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,321 times
Quote:
It doesn't have to be shipped to a dealer, it doesn't even have to be shipped if it is someone nearby.
It absolutely does have to be shipped to an FFL or it is a Federal offense.
Private transactions in person don't need to use an FFL.

Last edited by Orlandochuck1; 11-19-2015 at 09:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies