Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 06:03 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,701,717 times

Advertisements

USA Today listed a few of the stars released from Gitmo...

read:10 of Gitmo's bloodiest alumni: Column

From the article:

Think closing Guantanamo Bay is a good idea? Check out the records of these former detainees.

Ibrahim Ahmed Mahmoud Al Qosi: A Sudanese terrorist detained in 2002 and transferred to Sudan in 2012. According to an 11-page classified assessment of Qosi from Joint Task Force Guantánamo obtained by WikiLeaks, al Qosi is “an admitted member of alQaeda and one of (Usama bin Laden's) most trusted associates and a veteran bodyguard." He was rated as a “high risk” for returning to terrorism if released. Al Qosi is now a senior leader in al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, as well as one of the group's public spokesmen.

Yousef Mohammed al Shihri: A Saudi-born terrorist detained at Gitmo in 2002. He was transferred back to Saudi Arabia in 2007. He died in an Oct. 13, 2009, shootout with Saudi police while attempting to commit a suicide bombing attack

(Eight more follow, and my data have quite a few more...)

That's what we mean by 'too dangerous to release.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 06:06 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
We should have interrogated them. Got the information we wanted then shot them and threw their bodies into a pig trough.
Killing people with no proof of a crime, very undemocratic not to mention immoral.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:12 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Let me tell you, if I were innocent (some are), held for 10-15 years without a charge, were humiliated and degraded (think of those famous pictures of naked dudes being stacked on top of each other, et al), and subjected to torture, uh, I mean, enhanced interrogations . . . . I would be very angry and bitter towards the US, too. My point is that, thefore, it is difficult to say that they were terrorists or enemy combatants before being captured.

Mick

Old 02-24-2016, 07:22 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
What's the matter double d? The almighty let his slip show????
LOL wish I could rep you!

Old 02-24-2016, 07:41 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Something else. Who knew that Lady Justice was into whips and chains?

[dominatrix]
You have not even bothered to look at Gitmo? Does this not fall under holding these people until the war is over? If these people are dangerous and they have been labeled as this, how did this come about and why can't they be prosecuted?

Why has President Obama worked on releasing these people from his first day in office, instead of prosecuting them? One can't be labeled as dangerous, put in jail and have nothing to charge them with, or can they? The government shot LaVoy Finicum dead for these same reasons and you people want us to feel sorry for men from the ME who have better jails than our OWN people and are known terrorist out to kill Americans. These people have lived better lives than they would have in their own freakin country!

Old 02-24-2016, 08:16 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

What in the hell does THAT mean?
If I were to guess what it means is a trial would require exposing information that cannot be exposed.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:26 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
were humiliated and degraded (think of those famous pictures of naked dudes being stacked on top of each other, et al),
Wrong prison.

Quote:
and subjected to torture, uh, I mean, enhanced interrogations . . . .
There was three detainees waterboarded, all senior Al Qaeda officials very close to Bin Laden.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I say let them go and rejoin their terror cells. Then follow them back to Arabia and kill them and their old friends. Better yet is to let them go back and be killed by their old friends as we withdraw and let the civil warfare destroy all of them.

The world does not need Saudi oil when the Persians are willing to sell all they can pump.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:44 AM

16,097 posts, read 10,762,339 times
We could tell them that they won after all, use Sharia law to lop off two hands and a foot, and send them back to be a burden on their families. Everybody wins!

Old 02-24-2016, 08:52 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
The previous U.S. would have any number of clandestine assets on the ground in all of the likely candidate countries to accept them who would then track their progress in re-connecting with the upper echelons of terror. Et-voila.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies