Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 08:05 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times

Advertisements

There are ton of Islamic militant groups that are fighting each other in Libya, Syria, and Iraq.If these said groups are fighting in the guise of Islamic tenets, why aren't they under one unified force? This shows you that it's more than just Islam. There are territories and ethnic divides involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 08:06 AM

45,434 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Because the others are not the "right" version of Islam.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:07 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,683,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Because the others are not the "right" version of Islam.
But they all pursue theocratic tyranny.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:11 AM

906 posts, read 712,910 times
I dont imagine ISIS to be this one united force..rather a grouping of gangs. Sort of like guerrilla warfare..and when one gang gets a "win", they give credit to ISIS...thus feeding the monster.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:14 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,567,369 times
I am from Pakistan, perhaps I can shed some light here.

The Taliban attacks Pakistani Government and Military sites, because western style Democracy has no place in Islam. The Taliban also attacks Shias because they consider them Infidels.

Pakistani Taliban has low favorable rating among Pakistanis, but the same Pakistanis support the Taliban across the border in Afghanistan. The Afghans are getting their revenge by supporting Taliban in Pakistan.

Bottom line, there is no Muslim country with 100% Sharia Law, they are all between 0% and 100%, and within each Muslim country there are groups that are fighting to bring the utopian 100% Sharia.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:19 AM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
All Muslims want to destroy Western Civilization, only the methodology and who rules over the slain is in dispute.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:50 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
There are ton of Islamic militant groups that are fighting each other in Libya, Syria, and Iraq.If these said groups are fighting in the guise of Islamic tenets, why aren't they under one unified force? This shows you that it's more than just Islam. There are territories and ethnic divides involved.
It is all rhetoric, so that the false message below can be justified. Without generalizing and stereotyping you can't get away with scapegoating an entire religion, you can't restrict liberties, and probably most important, an entire party can't get away with cheap soundbites that help them win the vote of an uninformed electorate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
All Muslims want to destroy Western Civilization, only the methodology and who rules over the slain is in dispute.
There are waaaaay too many extreme Islamists, but to generalize it on the whole religion is simplistic, misguided, and feeds into the hand of the terrorists.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:57 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,609,474 times
I've been told Muslim is a verb, not a noun. It's just pretty much a grab bag of people. They all do what they want. If you choose to be Muslim then the rest of the world has just got to guess what type of Muslim you are. But, if we profile Muslims we are bad, and if we don't because we think of them as a noun we are good. Yes, very confusing.

The Taliban and Isis are fighting for the golden ticket right now, some of us will lose our lives during their fight.

As I keep saying, your religious beliefs are a choice. If you choose Muslim then you obviously don't mind aligning yourself with those who blow **** up. I'll try my best to sort you out but I can't promise you a rose garden.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:00 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times
Quote:
Because Islam is profoundly arrogant and most of these groups take a fundamentalist "my way or die" attitude. Islam drives 90% of the conflict there.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:10 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Wow, you have a tremendous amount of information to learn about, before you can even discuss this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies