Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 02:54 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
This is America, people can dress however they want. Assault is a felony.
Thank you. Here is something else for thought. I don't like the Confederate flag. That does not give me the right to go and assault someone for wearing a t-shirt with the Confederate flag on it.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:55 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
On the brighter side of events it wasn't an acid attack and she still has her head. Every cloud has a silver lining and we should point out how much more tolerant we are here in the USA as opposed to other parts of the world where worse violence plays out daily.

Naturally the press will roll out every report of violence against Muslims and play the hopeless victim card in order to justify the atrocities of Sharia law. Of course "all faces matter" from the ones scared by glass to the ones of 10 y/o's sold to pedophiles who suffer not one senseless act but a lifetime of abuse.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:57 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,187,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Hard to imagine anyone would defend the assailant, but here we are.

I guess I had you on 'ignore' for a reason.
Defending the indefensible. Pretty disgusting that there are posters that defend this type of felonious behaviour. I have this person on ignore too so I had the same reaction as you. I wish we could completely delete posters and not even know they posted.

The assailant reportedly has a drinking problem and other issues with the law. It would be better if she could get the help she needs while in prison (I'm assuming she will spend some time behind bars). Although, our system here is much to be desired and she will probably come out worse. Regardless, I hope the victim recovers mentally and physically one day. Sigh...

Old 11-30-2015, 04:13 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
On the brighter side of events it wasn't an acid attack and she still has her head. Every cloud has a silver lining and we should point out how much more tolerant we are here in the USA as opposed to other parts of the world where worse violence plays out daily.
So we should use this example of a violent hate crime to illustrate how tolerant the USA is?

Old 11-30-2015, 04:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Here is a thought. Lose the Muslim garb.
What's Muslim garb?

How about if someone slapped the taste outta your mouth because they don't like your fashion choices? Would you like it?

Unbelievable.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:26 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Here is a thought. Lose the Muslim garb.
That does not strike me as an intelligent comment.

It is legal for a woman to wear a headscarf. She has a Constitutional right to wear it.

A Jew has a perfect right to wear a yarmulke.

A Buddhist has a right to wear Mala beads or a Buddhist amulet around her neck.

A Christian has a right to wear a crucifix.

Catholic Nuns have a right to wear a habit.

Do you not understand the Constitution, the law, or the concept of civil rights?

Old 11-30-2015, 04:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
As an immigrant, I have traditional garb too, but I believe in 'When in Rome....'.

This person needs to assimilate into US society.
No they don't.

Who says they NEED to conform to your code of approved clothing? Are you saying the assault was justified? Are you saying the woman's attire was illegal?

The woman was wearing a headscarf for cryin' out loud.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:32 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
"Meanwhile, one restaurant manager followed Burchard-Risch out the door and helped police track her to a nearby Cub Foods parking lot, where she was arrested. She’s been charged with third-degree assault, a felony."

Good thing we have a civilized justice system in the U.S. and minority religions are protected under law. Wonder what it's like for Christians in Muslim majority countries?

Old 11-30-2015, 04:34 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
That does not strike me as an intelligent comment.

It is legal for a woman to wear a headscarf. She has a Constitutional right to wear it.

Do you not understand the Constitution, the law, or the concept of civil rights?
Just because you have a right to, doesnt mean you should.

As an immigrant, I have traditional garb too sitting in my closet, which I can wear, and every head would turn around and look at me. I would get lots of attention, both good and bad.

I prefer to integrate into the US society rather than wear the traditional garb and be an eyesore for my host country that has already given me enough.

The Islamic hijab is a symbol of oppression for millions of women across the world, who are 'forced' to wear it. It is no different than a Nazi Uniform or the Confederate flag. Pride for some, oppression for others.
Home - MSF

Old 11-30-2015, 04:35 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What's Muslim garb?

How about if someone slapped the taste outta your mouth because they don't like your fashion choices? Would you like it?

Unbelievable.
They can slap but they will die since I will be in great fear if my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies